The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I think it was mentioned but Brock costing Goldberg the title makes no sense logically (Doesn't mean they wont do it of course) as the Mania Match is Made and by costing Goldberg he also costs himself a shot at the title in the process

Could get by by saying Brock isn't one to care for titles or After all the embarrassment Big Bill has subjected Brock to at Survivor Series and the Rumble just costing Goldberg his last shot at a title means more to him then winning it himself

But it devalues the belt a bit when it really needs all the help it can get to add a bit of prestige to it.   

I think it was mentioned but Brock costing Goldberg the title makes no sense logically (Doesn't mean they wont do it of course) as the Mania Match is Made and by costing Goldberg he also costs himself a shot at the title in the process

Could get by by saying Brock isn't one to care for titles or After all the embarrassment Big Bill has subjected Brock to at Survivor Series and the Rumble just costing Goldberg his last shot at a title means more to him then winning it himself

But it devalues the belt a bit when it really needs all the help it can get to add a bit of prestige to it.

Brock is facing Owens on a house show for the title the week after the Goldberg match. That's plenty of reason to cost Goldberg the match if Lesnar wants to fuck Goldberg off and win the title himself. If Bill then costs Brock the title in retaliation Owens would have the nice accomplishment of beating both men. As a heel he can brag about it even though he didn't do the work.

I do think Owens is dropping the title, but stranger things have happened than him retaining

• Paid Members

Maybe they're re-doing the WM13 Stone Cold/Bret/Sid/Taker storyline? It's been a while, so maybe they're up for recycling that one.

• Paid Members

They definitely should be recycling that one here, it makes sense. The title desperately needs to be on this match. The title is not worth two shits at the moment and they need to avoid it looking any worse.

Brock not valuing it enough to want it on the line against Goldberg wouldn't help. And the house show match, like almost all house shows, I wouldn't think would be acknowledged on TV, so it'll not fit into the storyline.

Edited by WeeAl

I reckon they will try and actually do something with the Universal Title, get it on Goldberg then transition to Lesnar, try and give it some credibility and steam. This Owens run will go down as one of the worst I can ever recall, he basically stands behind Jericho puffing and panting whilst the crowd sit there thinking "C'mon fat lad hurry up and talk so Jericho can get the mic and entertain us". It's all so bizarre to me this.

The apparent plan is indeed Goldberg Vs Lesnar for the title, for the above reasons, although would it be worth making it a fatal 4 way including Owens and Jericho? That way it could potentially last a bit longer / cover up some of goldbergs short coming in the ring?

For Fastlane I'm going with Jericho trying to attack Goldberg before the bell like they did with Reigns at the Rumble but it backfiring and both of them getting battered and Goldberg taking the belt. Show some more cracks between Jericho and Owens as he blames him for losing the belt. Have Brock murder Owens on that house show, same again, Jericho trying to help him get the upper hand but it backfiring. I'd make sure this gets filmed, maybe fan footage like when Samoa Joe won the NXT belt on a house show, and shown on the next Raw. Have Jericho defend the U.S title with Owens trying to interfere to help Jericho but also tease that he's trying to sabotage him to get revenge for losing the belt but Jericho actually retains. More cracks, Jericho twigs that Owen's has deliberately tried to screw him over, wrestle for the U.S title at Mania.

• Paid Members

Post breakup, I assume Owens to be the heel and Jericho babyface, but the way they went about setting up Goldberg/Owens match with Jericho heelishly volunteering Owens has kinda thrown a curveball in there.

Or they'll just forget all about it.

This Owens run will go down as one of the worst I can ever recall, he basically stands behind Jericho puffing and panting whilst the crowd sit there thinking "C'mon fat lad hurry up and talk so Jericho can get the mic and entertain us". It's all so bizarre to me this.

It's not been a good title reign by any means but it's still better than Rollins' interminable 2015 one where he seemed to fight the Demon Kane every month.

• Paid Members

although would it be worth making it a fatal 4 way including Owens and Jericho?

No. That way you're depriving a money match by diluting it with two more guys and also doing the same with a heated pay-off match between two former best friends. It be like WrestleMania 16, but much worse.

Fair shout, and I'm aware Goldberg/Lesnar is the real money match, just presumed having others in there could give a more interesting match. 

Unless WWE make Goldberg/Lesnar No DQ or something, I'm worried it'll be a squash or a boo-fest ala WM20

• Paid Members

There's no way it's getting booed. People said the same going into Survivor Series and after the events that unfolded, plus the developments at the Rumble, I can't see the crowd shitting on this. I think they will be white hot. How to book it though, is another matter. An extended Brock squash (rushing the bell) with a bigger than life hope spot for Bill seems the best option I can think of. This is assuming they can't go for a while together. Even then, I'd say this match is a hundred times more interesting than if you threw the other two in there. I love Jericho, and I like Owens but they would instantly suck out a lot of the star factor if they shoehorned their way into this.

edit: Let's have a go.

Brock attacks Goldie as JoJo is standing there doing the announcements. Pummels him constantly, couple of running knees, then onto a few suplexes (but not not too many). Two count. Goes for the F5- kick out. Another F5, kick out. Brock then signals for a spear, with a smirk on his face, Bill sidesteps and sends him into the post- hits a spear of his own. Another spear. Jackhammer- kick-out at 2. Goes for another Jackhammer- Brock floats over and hits a German suplex, picks him up for the third F5 and the win. All in under 5 mins, crowd level maintained, the right outcome and Bill doesn't look like a schmuck. I'd be happy with that.

Edited by PunkStep