The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Yeah it's a Smackdown house show but they've put Lesnar on it to help ticket sales. With the Smackdown house shows drawing poorly and this being a large arena (and I imagine MSG ticket prices are higher than most), it makes sense to use one of Lesnar's non-televised dates to try and have an extra attraction.

What a promo by Joe, not sure how others viewed it but that was cracking stuff I thought. So believable, intimidating, nobody except maybe Lesnar (but he hardly speaks) gives you that uneasy feeling like Joe, like he could just snap and kick the fuck out of the interviewer if he so much as looks at him funny or phrases a question the wrong way.

I have been so impressed by him under the WWE banner, he almost single-handedly reinvigorated my love for Wrestling when he burst on the scene and seeing him flounder in TNA towards the end was sad to see, but he is back to his very best, maybe even better with more maturity. Right now, for me he is up there with the best promo guys around, he just knows his character so well.

• Paid Members

It was a change to see Steph not dressed like a 14 year old trying to sneak into a club.

I was horrified that Reigns might have ended up going over Gallows & Anderson.

New Day was what it was. I was stoked to see Dar Vs Gallagher on Raw, and can't wait to see Jack Vs Neville at Fastlane.

Joe looks like a proper badass getting out of his limo in his suit.

What the hell is that thing with Emmalina/Emma or whatever?

Bayley's promo should have said "Charlotte seems to bottle it on TV so I'm likely going to walk it tonight."

Mizark had a nice little match with Strowman. Good back and forth match between a pair of hosses. Roman selling his hip as he came to the ring was a nice touch. I like these little nuances about him, Could it be they put Reigns on a losing streak to try and make it look more like a surprise when he (allegedly) goes over Taker at Mania?

Are we still supposed to cheer for Enzo goading people then hiding behind Cass? I hope Cesaro and Sheamus kick the everliving shit out of them and get back after the tag belts.

Joe's interview was pleasing. I'm already girding my loins ahead of Joe Vs Lesnar somewhere down the line. Feels like they're going to send him in Zayn's direction sometime soon.

Handsome Rusev appears to have been reduced to enhancement talent at the moment. Has he upset somebody? I didn't expect Joe so soon, but loved it. JOE! That's going to be a cracker of a match at Fastlane or Mania or whenever.

I like Akira Tozawa, but it feels like he's had to slow down for the "WWE Style" That German suplex is wicked. Arachnaman's looking for that kickpad.

Jericho was absolute gold in his shiny tiny hat and spangly jacket. Owens was great half-arsing it. Fantastic segment. That painting was priceless. Nice to see Gillberg. The turn was coming, but I thought it would have been after Fastlane. I was expecting Goldberg popping out of that huge red box. I guess it had to be done to try and make Kev not look like a total loser heading into Fastlane.

How are Enzo and Cass babyfaces when I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to watch them get their arses handed to them whenever I see them? I also can't get rid of this nagging feeling they're going to end up as tag champs sometime around Mania. Do we get Cass Vs Sheamus next week?

Show Vs Strowman could be a good big lads match next week.

More teasing the Sasha heel turn in the back. The thing with the rolling wristlocks was cool. Charlotte sold that slap brilliantly That kneedrop was fabulous. I love that she's started using bits of her daddy's moveset into her repertoire. She only just made it over with that moonsault. That could have gone disastrously wrong. The women's championship hot potato continues. I was getting into that match until that overbooked finish. Charlotte to become a 5 time women's champion at Fastlane? They couldn't have gone to a countout or DQ to keep the feud going? It surely means a lot less for Bayley to win at Mania now?

That wasn't a bad Raw. Kept the road to Fastlane and Wrestlemania on course.

Samoa Joe is a sweet sweet breath of fresh air. "night night" "when you say my name, you put respect on it!". Just fucking brilliant

The Owens and Jericho segment was great and I did not see it ending like that. Proper seething bastard stuff from Owens and I'm intrigued about that conversation with Triple H

Rest of the episode was decent, the main event was really good, hopefully they follow it up better than they did with Sasha

What the fuck was that with Emma though? Totally baffling.

• Paid Members

So if Trips is desperate to work Mania and Rollins is out, are they building towards a Joe/HHH match? I haven't seen the interview yet, but I read that at the end Joe got a bit arsey with all these questions about Triple H. Seems like they could be heading that way.

WrestleMania is looking a bit singles-match heavy at the moment (and not particularly inspiring either). Let's say they go with that match, you could potentially have:

Brock VS Goldberg

Jericho VS Owens

Reigns VS Undertaker

Wyatt VS Orton

Joe VS Triple H

Ambrose VS Corbin

Cena/Nikki VS Miz/Maryse or something along those lines

Bayley VS Charlotte VS Sasha

Andre the Giant memorial crumble

Probably a Raw tag team three with Enzo/Cass, The Club & Sheamus/Cesaro

Cruiserwight title match

No AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, Rusev as it stands. Strowman in the Andre memorial and the winner I'd presume. Nothing obvious for New Day, who are doing absoltelut nothing of note at the moment other than talking about ice cream for some ridiculous reason. Perhaps added to the Raw tag team clusterfuck?

Then you have the Smackdown tag and women titles, that are destined for the pre-show- IF they even make that.

Seeing as there are singles matches aplenty, and only two or three of them really are really Mania worthy in my view, I reckon they should chuck Luke Harper into the WWE title match. It makes perfect sense from a storyline perspective, something different from a million singles matches and besides it isn't as though you're taking anything away from a truly special WrestleMania match (because it isn't). Mix it up a bit.

Christ knows what they have planned for Styles, the best worker in the company over the past 12 months.

Edited by PunkStep

Joe V Zayn looks locked for Mania. I suppose it might happen at Fastlane but in the segment Zayn said "but there's only one thing on everybody's mind at the moment and that's Wrestlemania" then Joe's music immediately hit

They set up a hell of a feud in a night there. After Joe's cheeky comment I thought "ooh, seeds sown" and then was even more impressed when they immediately followed up on it. Zayn was excellent in his rebuttal before he got jumped

They'll have a cracking match. Zayn is a perfect opponent for Joe and vice versa. Loved their match on NXT which took up a whole episode a while back

I think Joe being irked by the constant Triple H mentions was a way to establish he's not gonna have another shit Authority run like Rollins.

Edited by sj5522

Christ knows what they have planned for Styles, the best worker in the company over the past 12 months.

If the rumours are to be believed it's Shane aint it.

What a reward for one of the best first years in WWE history, selling Shane's pathetic offence. If this is the match, AJ should squash him in 3 minutes, but will he fuck. I Hate this match, or Shane in a ring full stop so much.

WrestleMania is looking a bit singles-match heavy at the moment (and not particularly inspiring either). Let's say they go with that match, you could potentially have:

Brock VS Goldberg

Jericho VS Owens

Reigns VS Undertaker

Wyatt VS Orton

Joe VS Triple H

Ambrose VS Corbin

Cena/Nikki VS Miz/Maryse or something along those lines

Bayley VS Charlotte VS Sasha

Andre the Giant memorial crumble

Probably a Raw tag team three with Enzo/Cass, The Club & Sheamus/Cesaro

Cruiserwight title match

I imagine there will be a few clusterfucks on this show, I can see both Womens matches, IC Title, Raw Tag Titles and Cruiserweight titles all being multi man matches, you also have the Andre Battle Royal too.

I'd like Ambrose/Corbin to have a proper heated feud over the IC Title to culminate at Mania but theres just no chance it will happen, they will have fought 4 times by then probably.

Main Card...

Goldberg vs Lesnar

Wyatt vs Orton

HHH vs Joe

Owens vs Jericho

Reigns vs Taker

Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse

Sasha vs Bayley vs Charlotte vs Nia Jax

Andre Battle Royal

IC Title Ladder Match (Ambrose, Corbin, AJ, Kalisto, Crews, Ziggler, Harper)

The Club vs Cesaro & Sheamus vs Enzo & Cass vs The New Day

Pre Show..

Becky vs Mickie vs Noami vs Alexa vs Natalya vs Carmella

American Alpha vs The Uso's

Cruiserweight Title Match

The Festival of Friendship was such a fantastic angle, I can't believe how well they've booked the storyline so far.

Jericho has been absolutely brilliant in this run, easily his best work since the 2008 heel suit stuff.  I enjoyed all the comedy gifts last night but I think the crucial part was when he broke away from the comedy to give a sincere thank you and tribute to Owens. It made the subsequent betrayal all the sadder/better and made Owens look an ever bigger heel.

If the rumours are to be believed it's Shane aint it.

What a reward for one of the best first years in WWE history, selling Shane's pathetic offence. If this is the match, AJ should squash him in 3 minutes, but will he fuck. I Hate this match, or Shane in a ring full stop so much.

Thing is, I reckon the company (Vince) would see giving AJ a match with Shane at Mania as a reward for all of his hard work this year.

It's nonsense, he deserves better and there about 10 combinations I'd prefer to see involving AJ, but the match will probably end up decent at the very least.

• Paid Members

I'd be thoroughly pissed if AJ ends up in some multiman ladder Match or something to the like.

He's had a hell of a year and it seems such a comedown if true. I'd prefer to see him 1 on 1 with Shane than some multiman bullocks.