The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Did I imagine it or were there a small amount of boos during Reigns backstage interview? I sweat the mutants will start booing him out of the building again as soon as he's paired with Lesnar.

There were scattered boos even for his first match back. There are always going to be dickheads that resent him for absolutely nothing, particularly once the "cancer is a work" bullshit is factored in.

• Paid Members

The easiest solution to the Reigns/Lesnar situation is to draft Roman to Smackdown in April. Give him a fresh start, away from Brock, Rollins, Braun, Corbin, McIntyre, Lashley etc. 

Matches with Andrade, Joe, and even Orton and Shane McMahon, should see him get a substantial amount of cheers. Move Bryan over to Raw, should he drop the WWE Title to Kofi. It would prevent the inevitable Roman/Bryan showdown, and would be a fresh challenger for newly minted Rollins, if he happens to beat Brock at Mania. Which I don't really expect him to do if I'm being really honest about it. 

38 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

The easiest solution to the Reigns/Lesnar situation is to draft Roman to Smackdown in April. Give him a fresh start, away from Brock, Rollins, Braun, Corbin, McIntyre, Lashley etc. 

Matches with Andrade, Joe, and even Orton and Shane McMahon, should see him get a substantial amount of cheers. Move Bryan over to Raw, should he drop the WWE Title to Kofi. It would prevent the inevitable Roman/Bryan showdown, and would be a fresh challenger for newly minted Rollins, if he happens to beat Brock at Mania. Which I don't really expect him to do if I'm being really honest about it. 

Good idea in theory although the people who boo Roman are the same people who will cheer Joe just to be awkward "we appreciate his work" types. Same for Andrade as well I would assume.

The Demon really is a massive example of WWE not understanding a concept and just fucking it up completely.

I have been meaning to do a topic on the NXT 5 (Balor, Zayn, Itami, Neville and Owens) Compared to the NXT 6 (Ricochet, Black, Cole, Gargano, Ciampa and Dream) comparing their trajectories and success. I have left out Joe, Drew and Nakamura as I feel they were more stand alone as opposed to seen as a collective.

Once I have time over the easter holidays I will put it all together but the whole Balor/Demon dynamic is exactly type of thing I wanted to look at. 

3 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

The Demon really is a massive example of WWE not understanding a concept and just fucking it up completely.

Nah. They created the concept, giving him a reason behind painting up instead of just being a cosplay artist. The concept is good (in the comic book universe of wrestling) but perhaps not executed as well as it could have been. Someone else said Finn hasn’t got the chops to pull it off, so he’d have to shoulder some of the blame. I’d be inclined to agree, but some of his pre-WWE dress up performances he was great at incorporating a different edge depending on the influence of the paint job and there’s been a couple of occasions where he’s looked the absolute bollocks doing the Demon schtick. In NXT against Tyler Breeze and last years SummerSlam is what I’m thinking of.

For the most part I’ve thought the Demon gimmick is crap, Finn just coming across far too camp, perfectly rehearsed and polished in his entrance to come across at all threatening. The weird headdress thing doesn’t help. He can look really cool with the full body paint on occasion, but Mick Foley taking off a mask, ripping off a shirt to reveal a t-shirt and transform into Cactus Jack it isn’t. He literally just comes across as someone whose thrown some face paint on usually. Which is a shame as something as simple as that can be and has been a great storytelling tool in the wacky world of wrestling.

For me, it should be a transformation he doesn’t particularly have control over. Picking and choosing when he does and revealing it beforehand like on Raw plays a big part in killing it for me, but especially with the way he plays it in those segments. At SummerSlam last year against Corbin I was almost back on board though. There was a point before the match when he’s standing in the ring looking down on Corbin shitting it outside as the lights came back on. The camera angle was great and made Finn look awesome and then he proceeded to squash Corbin quickfast and it all came across great. Easily the best The Demon has been presented since Finn has been on Raw.

Is this the first time since then he’s going full minstrel? Might come across great at ‘Mania I guess, but I was glad he didn’t against Brock as I could only see it looking as ridiculous as it is really, against him.

• Paid Members

see when I saw clips of him outside of the E he would do the body paint as things like Venom and The Joker. He was still Prince Devitt. Obviously due to copyright they wanted him to have a unique style but this should have just been his thing as their is no difference between Balor and Demon. Same move sets, same chance of winning. The whole concept is a mess.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

see when I saw clips of him outside of the E he would do the body paint as things like Venom and The Joker. He was still Prince Devitt. Obviously due to copyright they wanted him to have a unique style but this should have just been his thing as their is no difference between Balor and Demon. Same move sets, same chance of winning. The whole concept is a mess.

Paging @PowerButchi