The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Finn is great. He's a handsome bastard with a gorgeous accent and glorious smile who looks great in a leather jacket, has abs to die for and whose work as a baby in peril is tremendous. That they don't have to turn away hoardes of screaming girls from every show just shows how much they lost their way at some point in the last 20 years.

28 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Finn is great. He's a handsome bastard with a gorgeous accent and glorious smile who looks great in a leather jacket, has abs to die for and whose work as a baby in peril is tremendous. That they don't have to turn away hoardes of screaming girls from every show just shows how much they lost their way at some point in the last 20 years.

Funny, that's always been the biggest problem with Finn for me. Great entrance pop but and you can tell he's genuinely liked, but the fans seem to check out when he starts to sell. For all his fuckability it doesn't feel like there's any emotional connection there. I don't remember a crowd ever rallying behind him like they do with a Sami Zayn or Bryan. I think he's at his best in tags or short sprints.

55 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

He’s COYS as fuck as well, so he gets all the love from me 

6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Finn is great. He's a handsome bastard with a gorgeous accent and glorious smile who looks great in a leather jacket, has abs to die for and whose work as a baby in peril is tremendous. That they don't have to turn away hoardes of screaming Tiger_Rick from every show just shows how much they lost their way at some point in the last 20 years.

🤔

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, BomberPat said:

He was never "the Demon" outside of WWE. The persona was briefly "The Demon King" in NXT (or maybe when he first debuted on the main roster?), but was changed presumably because it was too similar to "The Demon Kane".

It was when he first got called up. Theyd referred to him as “the Demon” in NXT but they called him “Demon King” to differentiate from Kane who had been referred to as “the Demon” for a while, even though he was part time. They dropped “Demon King” when they realised (a) nobody cares about Kane and (b) it’s shit.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Gene Simmons hasn't got his lawyer and Dale Torborg on the phone over this whole "demon" moniker. Although I'd assume it would be outside his RADAR due to the lack of the preceding word "Kiss" 

Imagine putting your two new champions, and arguably your two most popular guys currently, in that position?

Genuinely fucking insane.

Quite a good show until then. But Jesus fucking Christ. Actually nuts.

Brilliant trolling by WWE. Everybody around me spent two hours complaining that neither Seth nor Kofi should lose their title yet, then turned full cunt when neither of them lost their title yet. 

Sami Zayn’s new gimmick could be the most interesting part of Raw from now on.

Yeah, Sami Zayn was tremendous.

I’m still aghast that they had Seth verbalize the thought ‘hey Kofi, let’s bin off the biggest match of our lives, and let’s fight those two tits’ and didn’t think the fans would care either that that was logically insane, or that they were having Filet Mignon ripped from their grasp, only to be replaced with a stick of pre-chewed gum.

All that being said, Seth/Kofi really do look strange as the two world champions. You can usually handle ONE elevated mid carder with a belt when the other is held by Brock or Rock or Cena or someone. But without that, it did look a bit amateur hour.

What an arsehole Kofi is as well. He wins a big belt for the first time after eleven years, and his first thought is to invade the other show the next night because he wants another one. All worth it for Woods and E rocking out to Seth’s music though.

Lacey Evans was on good form! Possibly the only woman that could challenge for the Raw belt who hasn’t yet been established as a million leagues beneath Becky. I hope she’s either fairly good, or that they can do the old NXT trick of rehearsing a good match. Asuka has decent grounds for challenging Becky on the SmackDown side.

There was a Shield send-off for Ambrose after Raw finished. Dey booed Roman, of course.

I was in the crowd. Wrestlers showed up and gave it all. Lots of respect. Lots of fun at the start. Undertaker was special.

Started off red-hot, but WWE shot themselves in the foot with the main event and the overproduction of RAW. The crowd was dead for many matches in the second half. Loud CM Punk and AEW chants followed at the end to voice displeasure. ‘This is bullshit and Change the channel’ heat, not only ‘RAW after Mania’ fun.

They simply killed us with the lightning setup and the gazillion overproduced, video packages between breaks. I guess I prefer House shows.

We couldn’t see shit as there were big lights aimed directly at the crowd. We were blinded the whole show. We chanted it multiple times. Production did nothing. 

Overall it was a fun show, despite being half-blind now.

Edited by LWOLeN

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

All that being said, Seth/Kofi really do look strange as the two world champions. You can usually handle ONE elevated mid carder with a belt when the other is held by Brock or Rock or Cena or someone. But without that, it did look a bit amateur hour.

Surely Seth can't be considered an elevated mid carder at this point in his career? Not arguing that he's on a Rock or Cena level but it's not like he was randomly thrown in there like Kofi.