The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I love Sami, but it was a clear 7 seconds into his music before anyone on commentary even paid attention to it and stopped making fun of Mojo Rawley, then he fell over on the way out. Just zero fucks given on either side it seems.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I reckon it's going to be more Rod Hull & Emu. He's built a pink windmill where his house was after Randy burnt it down. 

No word on the rumour that Luke Harper is going to end up riding a Bernice Clifton style buzzard to the ring yet. 

The Wyatt Family reunite as The Pink Windmill Kids and re-create this

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Was the puppet not a buzzard? Clearly seems to be implying Bray. I can’t help but actually be intrigued what the fuck is going on there.

Doing The New Day and Seth stuff and it being Ambrose’ last night (the open acknowledgment of which has all been a bit odd) and it being Monday Night AfterWrestleManiRaw felt like a good setting to do New Day vs Shield as the main, all things considered. Which, as Supremo touched on, would have made a wonderful setting for “Shock the System” and Undisputed Era to arrive, wreak havoc and debut.

Only watched the sliced up YouTube version, which surely doesn’t help, but seemed like a fairly flat, uneventful Raw for the night after the big one.

Sometimes internet wankwank fantasy booking is worse than Vince’s lazy oul’ shite could ever be. Kofi and Rollins aren’t ending their first show as top boys getting clattered by a group of vanilla midgets from a 6 on 4 advantage, especially when one of their six is Roman Reigns. If Undisputed Era got involved in that match, they’d have ended the night getting beaten up just like The Bar did - and there’d have been even more tears before bedtime then.

I don’t at all care for Undisputed Era myself. Booking that pops the “you’re not my real Dad” lot with featuring internet faves prominently on the Raw after WrestleMania is not a foreign concept they’ve never done before. Neither is debuting some Indy lads together presented strongly as a group. The nod there being the novel setting, being The Shields last night proper.

Edited by GeronimoJacksBeard

• Paid Members

Ah, bollocks. I'd never considered it until just now but Ambrose leaving means we're not going to get the natural Shield vs. Undisputed Era 6-Man PPV match. Shame. That could've been absolute dynamite.

Allowing her to say, "belts," is all the evidence anyone needs to know that Vince is fully behind Becky. I imagine him wincing every time she says it though.

The way the roster split has slowly eroded away these past few months, I wonder if it's time for them to start announcing Wrestlemania as some type of, "open season," where the lines are blurred a little bit more than usual and Raw and Smackdown talent can move back and forth a bit more freely. They could make a point that this only lasts from Fastlane until the Superstar Shake-up, when the rosters become locked again. As it it is, it's hard to really get excited about the Skake-up when any fucker can appear on any show they want. I don't think it was even mentioned that The Bar were Smackdown guys on Monday.

In retrospect, considering what a non-entity that match with Drew was for him at Wrestlemania, I wonder if they should've held off on Roman's return until this week. It seems bonkers that he's floundering so much that they didn't even put him on the show. That'd seem unthinkable a year or so back.

I read earlier that Ambrose is taking a 6 month sabbatical before deciding what to do. I reckon he'll be back a bit later than that though although before next years Mania season. If for no other reason than his wife's going to be on the road full time anyway. Fairly sure we'll get Undisputed Era vs The Shield at some point down the line and with Ambrose gone perhaps UE will get a little but of time to build themselves up before being hammered by the Shield. If they debuted on Raw this week I would've expected Ambrose to hang on a few more weeks and have them battered at money in the bank leaving UE more like 3MB than anything worthwhile.

5 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

I don’t at all care for Undisputed Era myself. Booking that pops the “you’re not my real Dad” lot with featuring internet faves prominently on the Raw after WrestleMania is not a foreign concept they’ve never done before. Neither is debuting some Indy lads together presented strongly as a group. The nod there being the novel setting, being The Shields last night proper.

But an angle between them and either group couldn’t be paid off, and there’s no sense in calling them up to batter the two world champions with no comeuppance just for a pop on Raw from people who hatewatch WWE. Stone Cold didn’t get his arse kicked by Rodney Blackbeard the night after WrestleMania 14. Brock Lesnar and Triple H didn’t take a kicking from Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway the night after WrestleMania 19 (except on my copy of EWR).

• Paid Members

Intersting that the ratings for Raw were down 0.7 (About 1 million viewers) from last year's Raw after Mania. Tougher competition from College football mentioned. WWE showed a graphic during Smackers saying Raw was the most watched show on television on Monday night and the #1 trend.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Intersting that the ratings for Raw were down 0.7 (About 1 million viewers) from last year's Raw after Mania. Tougher competition from College football mentioned. WWE showed a graphic during Smackers saying Raw was the most watched show on television on Monday night and the #1 trend.

Basketball - the National Championship game was opposite Raw. I’d wager that contributed fairly heavily to the downturn.

• Paid Members

There's definitely ways an Undisputed Era angle could have worked.

We've established that neither Seth or Kofi wanted their boys watching their back, so they're both out there alone. Have the match go a few minutes before the UE lads hit the ring, and have them generally cause chaos more in the vein of Nexus' debut then a traditional run-in - cause a nuisance around ringside, beat up announcers and ring crew maybe before they even get to the ring.

Do the old Shield "one on each side of the ring" entrance, with Seth and Kofi caught in the middle. As they start brawling, cut to frantic camera-work backstage showing that the New Day and Shield locker rooms have been barricaded/padlocked shut. They could foreshadow that earlier in the night if they wanted to.

That way, UE retain the numbers advantage, and when the Shield/New Day manage to run out to make the save, they do a runner through the crowd. The top lads aren't made to look weak, but you lay the groundwork for a feud with either or both groups.

That's just off the top of my head. I don't really care for Undisputed Era either way, but there's ways of doing it that aren't just "then my favourite NXT guy beats everyone".