The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

It was like one of those jokes that gets funnier the longer it goes on. When they were all getting arrested I thought it was stupid, but the longer it followed them the more mental it got and by the end I was laughing like an idiot at them. Superb.

• Paid Members

Ashamed of herself, for fuck's sake. So what? This thing of repeatedly slamming wrestlers for botching really gets on my tits. I think all wrestling fans need to have a good look at themselves, especially turds like Maffew, who has stolen a revenue off the fact that sometimes, shock horror, people make mistakes.

We accept that sportspeople make mistakes, as hard as it can be to swallow if it happens to someone we support, I don't see why we hold wrestlers to such unreasonably high standards. I like to see a mistake or two. I don't like wrestling that is smooth as silk and so obviously honed and rehearsed and picture perfect. It should be a bit messier and unpredictable and look like a fight.

• Paid Members

Sasha doesn't look like she's having a fight though. Far from it. She looks like she's trying to do Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio spots despite having nowhere near the co-ordination or athletic ability. It's been going on for ages now. She's a shitarse.

• Paid Members

Maybe she's just having a dip in form. Didn't she sweep the awards on here a couple of years ago? People didn't seem to mind her doing those spots when she wasn't making mistakes.

• Paid Members

I hate the culture around "botches". It's pathetic.

There's a guy I know who, if you ask him how a show was, the first thing would be "so-and-so botched" or "there were X number of botches". If anything doesn't look 100% smooth, he's immediately asking, "was that a botch?!". Who gives a shit? Who's watching a show just to keep track of what might go wrong? Even when Brock Lesnar beat The Undertaker, he broke the stunned silence of the room by asking, "do you think that was a botch?!". No. Of course it bloody wasn't.

If no one's going hurt, and ideally if it's not taking you out of the moment (i.e., the wrestlers don't respond by freezing or panicking about what to do next), what does it matter? It doesn't look incredibly smooth and perfect? Good, fights don't. I like my wrestlers to be a little scrappier and rougher around the edges.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

One of my favourite ever wrestlers was Brian Pillman, and I think a lot of the reason for that was because he always looked a bit messy and scrappy in what he did, and that he wasn't afraid to make the odd mistake. We need more like him around these days, for many reasons.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Ashamed of herself, for fuck's sake. So what? This thing of repeatedly slamming wrestlers for botching really gets on my tits. I think all wrestling fans need to have a good look at themselves, especially turds like Maffew, who has stolen a revenue off the fact that sometimes, shock horror, people make mistakes.

'Stolen revenue' is a bit much, isn't it? People are hardly cancelling their wrestling on-demand subscriptions, not attending live shows and not buying merch in order to join the BotchaMania Patreon page. 

Maffew actually goes out of his way to shine a lot of positivity on wrestling in order to off-set the 'negativity' of BotchaMania (a show that is so bad for business that respected wrestlers and wrestling companies actively advertise on there). The ill-will towards hims is a bit over the top, despite his recent adaption of the WWE themes meme.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

'Stolen revenue' is a bit much, isn't it? People are hardly cancelling their wrestling on-demand subscriptions, not attending live shows and not buying merch in order to join the BotchaMania Patreon page. 

Maffew actually goes out of his way to shine a lot of positivity on wrestling in order to off-set the 'negativity' of BotchaMania (a show that is so bad for business that respected wrestlers and wrestling companies actively advertise on there). The ill-will towards hims is a bit over the top, despite his recent adaption of the WWE themes meme.

He's still making money off a product that isn't his! Listen, I'm not saying that I disapprove off the leeching of WWE, it can stand to lose a bob or two. But he has played a bigger part than perhaps anyone since Wrestlecrap or the tosspots at the ECW Arena chanting "You fucked up!" in this shining a light on mistakes in wrestling.

I don't personally see much positive about wrestlers and companies embracing what he's doing. On the contrary, they should be telling him to fuck off and to understand that taking the piss out of wrestlers for making a mistake is putting a pressure on them that is ultimately self-defeating considering he calls himself a wrestling fan.

And, you know, if you were ever in any doubt as to what he's like, his recent "adoption" of a brilliant bit of original humour should put that to bed. He's a twat.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He's still making money off a product that isn't his! Listen, I'm not saying that I disapprove off the leeching of WWE, it can stand to lose a bob or two. But he has played a bigger part than perhaps anyone since Wrestlecrap or the tosspots at the ECW Arena chanting "You fucked up!" in this shining a light on mistakes in wrestling.

I don't personally see much positive about wrestlers and companies embracing what he's doing. On the contrary, they should be telling him to fuck off and to understand that taking the piss out of wrestlers for making a mistake is putting a pressure on them that is ultimately self-defeating considering he calls himself a wrestling fan.

And, you know, if you were ever in any doubt as to what he's like, his recent "adoption" of a brilliant bit of original humour should put that to bed. He's a twat.

I'd say the ECW lot had a more damaging impact that influenced the sort of awful behavior that Pat mentioned than Botchamania. Even then, people like that are in the minority. I haven't heard a 'You Fucked Up!' chant or anything similar directed towards a wrestler(s) in that context in a long, long time. Years, even. If anything, I'd say Botchamania has made fans more fond of when things don't exactly pan out and it's created a culture of encouragement towards the wrestlers when things do mess up.

Again, people highlighting this stuff in a negative sense are a small percentage of the wrestling fan base. Respected companies like CHIKARA and PROGRESS know this and have used it to their advantage. In my eyes, Botchamania is a show which celebrates the bad and the ugly side of pro wrestling (not calling any wrestler bad here, just to cover my bases), and it's never done in a condescending, 'Holier Than Thou', Dem Wans attitude.

And to the point of him 'stealing', do you also consider people who take game and movie footage and use it in reviews as thieves too? What about OSW, are they stealing? Charlie Brooker's '...Wipe' shows, is that stealing? Maffew is hardly just throwing clips in Microsoft Move Maker and clicking 'render'. It's all done under Fiar Use and no wrestling company is losing money due to BotchaMania's existence.

And yeah, I do agree that his recent act of nicking someone's material and using it in another fashion is a bit off, but that's his only offence, and he did thank and credit the original version before hand. Still a shite thing to do.

Maffew does what amounts to wrestling's official blooper reel. If any medium merited one, it's wrestling. You can do whataboutery all day about the kind of nitpicky culture it contributes to, but Botchamania's just a laugh, isn't it? It's a bizarre thing to get a crab in your pants about. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Which is exactly why, mirroring Angle's official debut, his WrestleMania opponent will be Shawn Stasiak. 

Well, we all remember what happened in New York.