The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I don't fancy Undisputed Era on Raw because they wrestled in PWG or whatever. I'd never seen a single one of them until they showed up in NXT and even then it took me months before I thought any of them were much cop.

I fancy them on Raw because that show is crying out for some top heels and they've proven themselves to be a great gang of dickheads who've made an art form out of fun, fast-paced tag matches. 

I know it'll likely all change next week, but times are tough when your top heels are Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley. There's no potential feuds or matches involving them that excite me, yet there's an infinite list of potential combinations for the Undisputed lot. Plus, who doesn't love a shakey-camera Invasion angle?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

times are tough when your top heels are Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley. 

Yeah, this is the bigger part of the problem, and almost any solution will do. It was so clear when The Shield had their little reunion recently that there's just no one on their level, and it's not like the Shield lads have had the easiest ride at being established as the top dogs in the first place.

Even Drew McIntyre, who's great, has fallen so quickly into that "punching bag for the good guys" role that non-Lesnar/Triple H heels fill on RAW that, even with the goodwill of surviving cancer behind him, nobody gave a shit about Roman Reigns fighting him at Wrestlemania because it was such a foregone conclusion.

I'm hoping the draft will redress the balance, but outside of Daniel Bryan, is Smackdown any stronger for heels? 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Need a good heel on Raw, you say?

132d9cef23ffeea04f981e621ab6292bb60223bc

I genuinely lost it at this post. The problem is that he'd just get fed to Rollins/Roman. He's more than capable enough of dragging himself back from it, but I'd rather him stay on Smackers. He needs to start hunting Kofi down for that belt. He and Big E could have a decent big lads match, I bet. 

• Paid Members

As much as I think Lashley and Corbin are shit, it's a product of their audience at the moment that to be an effective heel, you almost have to be talentless. There are some exceptions like Daniel Bryan but few. Even Joe gets pops because he's ace. 

I'd move Joe and AJ over to Raw and Strowman over to Smackers because he needs a fresh start and working Bryan, Hardy's and New Day could revitalise him.

I'd split The Bar too. Both good utility heels who have nothing left to do as a tag.

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I have already seen too much of Lars Sulivan. Never saw him in NXT, is he more then just a shit Gene Snitsky?

Potentially, he's better in the ring and on the mic than Snitsky ever was but he'll need to be protected as I don't think he's got the same sort of ability to bounce back as some of the bigger guys to come back from too many losses. Hard sell as a monster at only 6"3 though especially when you've got Strowman on the roster who makes him look like Tazz in comparison.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

As much as I think Lashley and Corbin are shit, it's a product of their audience at the moment that to be an effective heel, you almost have to be talentless.

Yeah, this is a valid point. Although as shit as Lashley is, at least there's something there for me to watch. For a heel to work the fans will want to see them get their comeuppance. I don't want to see Baron Corbin get his comeuppance, I just don't want to see him at all. The Miz is probably the best example of a truly decent proper heel over the past several years.

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, this is a valid point. Although as shit as Lashley is, at least there's something there for me to watch. For a heel to work the fans will want to see them get their comeuppance. I don't want to see Baron Corbin get his comeuppance, I just don't want to see him at all. The Miz is probably the best example of a truly decent proper heel over the past several years.

Daniel Bryan as a heel has probably even surpassed the Miz at this point. Christ imagine saying that a year ago.

Sami Zayn tripping over was obviously a bit awkward, but I thought Aleister Black popping up out of the smoke because his lift wasn't working to be equally embarrassing.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Interesting that the ratings for Raw were down 0.7 (About 1 million viewers) from last year's Raw after Mania. Tougher competition from College football mentioned. WWE showed a graphic during Smackers saying Raw was the most watched show on television on Monday night and the #1 trend.

After the 453 hours of the Wrestlemania show, who wants to watch three more hours the following night? I really think the long running length works against them as a jumping-on point. After last year, I didn't watch any more for a while, because it was just an ordeal by the end.