The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Surely Seth can't be considered an elevated mid carder at this point in his career? 

He definitely can be considered an elevated midcarder, because like nearly everyone else, he’s not been protected or properly established as a main eventer. I’d not consider him a midcard guy myself now, but I think WrestleMania was his elevation. So few of the roster are firmly entrenched as top guys. Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are there. Reigns has managed it, even though he can spend months at a time in midcard feuds for the US or IC titles. Orton as well, because for years he was a main event guy, even though he’s often midcard now.

I too was there, and I thought that it was a crowd that did as they were told. They chanted relevant things, they cheered for the faces and booed the heels. 

It was only wild from when the fans were fucked over with that main event. It was only then that there were beachballs in sight.

• Paid Members

The moment they announced Winner Takes All you knew there was going to be an angle leading to a DQ. I just had far more faith that they had something big planned. In my head, Undisputed Era stormed the ring, leaving both guys lying.

Or, even just using the guys who were on this show, it would've been far more productive saving Lars Sullivan until the end and having him beat up both Champions rather than laying out Kurt earlier on. Would've at least ended on a surprise, positioning him as a top guy, rather than the shit we got.

Undertaker looks like he's aged another decade since we last saw him at Crown Jewel.

I'm in love with Sami Zayn's new character already. I hope Hunter uses him to voice more annoyances with the gimpy, "smart fans," like he brought up at the Hall of Fame.

I hadn't noticed at Wrestlemania. Have people started booing Roman again?

Edited by Supremo

The fact they insist on saying ‘winner take all’ instead of ‘winner TAKES all’ bothers me more than they way they chose to conclude the main event.

That said, as much as I like The Bar they were a bizarre choice to interrupt this match over Bryan and Rowan. 

I wonder if they’ll have Beccy drop the Smackdown title tomorrow to free her up for a full-time move to Raw? If Asuka/Evans really was considered for Mania I wouldn’t be shocked to see her win the title on SD this week.

• Paid Members

You're not telling me that all these "smart" fans weren't sitting waiting for interference in the main event? Have they never watched the show before?

Sami Zayn was ace. Cool to see Taker. Nothing else felt that special.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You're not telling me that all these "smart" fans weren't sitting waiting for interference in the main event? Have they never watched the show before?

Worse then that, during the first advert break after announcing the main event was an advert for Smackdown with the New Day hosting Kofi’s Championship winning party tomorrow night. If you had any thought that maybe this fight would possibly go down before, that was enough to tell you no belts were changing hands

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

The fact they insist on saying ‘winner take all’ instead of ‘winner TAKES all’ bothers me more than they way they chose to conclude the main event.

It seems wrong when you break it down but historically it's correct. It's either a modifier (akin to dog-eat-dog: 'a winner-take-all match for the championship'), a construction using a verbal mood called a subjunctive (lest he forget: 'I'll put my title on the line if you do, winner take all') ... or, on occasion, could be as you set out. I suspect in the majority of those instances, though, it would be more natural to say something like '... and the winner will take it all'.

Traditionally, 'winner take all' has been more popular but 'winner takes all' gained and superseded it. That's part of language change as a whole. Future generations might think of dog-eat-dog as being infuriatingly illogical too, especially if dog-eats-dog has gained currency by then. And by that time, ne'er-do-well and powers that be's days could well be numbered too.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.4904494a989988b389e0c83adcbeb610.jpg

Edited by Ronnie