The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I stand corrected regarding undertaker. He appears and all I feel is apathy; how many times does he have to leave and return? I know he's a spectacle but it's wearing thin and I don't think he offers anything to the roster. Should have left it at mania 30.

The main event had promise but was completely unnecessary.

I was thinking they had 2 of the most prominent 3 man teams in recent history each with one of the top belts and they go with that bait and switch. Can't believe they didn't have new day Vs shield. Ambrose can take the fall as he is leaving and it wouldve tied up the mania festivities nicely. 

• Paid Members

It's quite telling that 'Taker turns up for "Saudi season" rather than the Mania build. Is this more Vince trying to get eyes on those shows?

First Raw I watched in ages and first one live in god knows how long. 

Was expecting/hoping for surprises/twists but was your standard Raw really. It was clear to me (as if the Smackdown ads didn't also make it obvious) that no titles were changing hands in the main event, as mentioned above I was hoping for a big angle/surprise, disappointing really. 

Well, it lived up to (reduced) expectations. Since WWE now acknowledge it as "The RAW after Wrestlemania".

Sami was a delight.

Taker looks like he's been thawed from cryonics for the payday Saudi event.

The sock puppet looks like the offspring of the Gooker and Mae Young - someone warn Menry

So what's the deal with Lars? Corbin's new enforcer or what?

I would have been quite happy with the non-finish to the main, had it been anyone more believable than the Bar, who just happened to be at Raw, in their gear.

Mania's over, normal service has been resumed. Til the shakeup next week.

• Paid Members

That main event was always going to end in an interference DQ, I just didn't expect it to be The Bar. I was thinking maybe Drew McIntyre or Daniel Bryan with a new crony or something like that. There wasn't a hope in hell of a clean finish to a match like that, with no build, and nor should there have been. It felt really pointless though in the end, as I'm not quite sure where The Bar fit into it as far as any kind of story goes. 

Lars had a good debut by beating up Angle, which meant he was going to get the desired heel reaction. 

There were a lot of people missing from this show that I was surprised about. Strowman, Reigns and McIntyre? 

Sami Zayn was a delight. What a beautiful promo. Looking forward to see where he ends up after next week's draft. 

What's with the dinosaur hatching out if the box? An actual vignette? Great stuff getting some intrigue, as long as it's not for fucking Bray Wyatt. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

What's with the dinosaur hatching out if the box? An actual vignette? Great stuff getting some intrigue, as long as it's not for fucking Bray Wyatt. 

It's almost certainly Bray Wyatt, the puppet had one of his shirts on and that sounded like his laugh. The quick shot at the end was similar to how Wyatt's vigenttes used to end as well.

I reckon he spent the past several months looking to study Rollerball Rocco matches to improve his in-ring game, but somewhere down the line got confused and ended up watching old Bob Carolgees appearances on Tiswas and thought 'that's a great fucking idea!'

• Paid Members

Sami's new direction has a touch of the Mick Foley anti-hardcore promos from ECW about it. There's some real potential for this if they invest in it - it will become same very quickly if he only cuts mopey promos every week about how empty fans are. It would be superb if he brought up different examples of how the crowds are behaving like pricks and doing everything in his power to make people feel bad about it. The old adage about heels being more believable when there's truth behind their words will serve him very well here. Aside from that, great to have him back in general. 

Along those lines, not sure if anyone's seen this but I hope the chap who took the time to fork out a small fortune for a front row ticket and make a custom made "Roman sucks" T-Shirt enjoyed showing it to him when Reigns comes out for the sendoff. Still clapped when Seth mentioned his return from beating cancer though. What an absolute five star dickhead. 

• Paid Members

I reckon it's going to be more Rod Hull & Emu. He's built a pink windmill where his house was after Randy burnt it down. 

No word on the rumour that Luke Harper is going to end up riding a Bernie Clifton style buzzard to the ring yet. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Stick him in a feud with Reigns where he calls the fans out for booing him, but also booing Reigns?