The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
On 3/22/2019 at 9:46 AM, FelatioLips said:

Baron Corbin is dog shit so how they didn’t see this coming speaks massively to their own inflated arrogance.

He's another Vince project. Bruce Prichard has mentioned a few times on his show that Vince gets severe tunnel vision when he makes it a mission to get said project over. As discussed, I have no doubt Vince thought he'd set up a monster match.

At the very least they are aware no one wants to see it, going by that. Thing is, purely on telling a story, the match makes sense, but Corbin is pure Sunday Night Heat and an example of standards slipping in recent years. If Cena isn't up for it, they should be looking at having someone on Smackdown fill the role. Joe being my pick. Not only do they both have experience getting good matches out of each other, but they can really use the match to re heat Joe for a Summer feud with Bryan or Kofi.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I imagine, with Corbin being ex-NFL and all that, that he's probably on decent money and they want a return on their investment.

I'm not so sure about that, after looking into his NFL "career". He was undrafted and only ever played four pre-season games. In 2009 when Corbin signed to the Colts, the base salary for a drafted NFL rookie in was $310,000. As he was undrafted, he'd be getting less than that. Then he was only with the Colts for about three months. He managed about 18 months in total (he was released and re-signed) with the Cardinals, but that was on a futures contract (basically the equivalent of a WWE developmental deal) which would have paid even less so I doubt over his entire time in the NFL he made much money. While I don't doubt his size and athletic background will have been helpful to him in getting signed, he really had nothing to offer in terms of name value that would justify WWE have to pay over the odds. 

Edited by Tamura

• Paid Members

It's less about name value and more that he's not an ex-indie guy scrabbling to make it to WWE that they can afford to pay less because they'll jump at the prospect of fulfilling a childhood dream, he's someone that (potentially) could have had interest from other sports, and so WWE would need to offer him a decent chunk of change to work for them. That tends to be the case with a lot of the college athletes they sign, though maybe Corbin's athletic prime for any other sport was behind him.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, The King of Old School said:

The crowd couldn't be less interested in the HHH/Batista feud if they tried.

Agreed - and why would/should they be?
It was like the Sting/HHH 'WCW v WWE' thing - it was lame, the audience had long since forgotten/was not old enough to care about the WWE/WCW feud and the whole reasoning behind the match seemed half-arsed. 

• Paid Members

I'm struggling with how many of Trips programmes since he's been part-time that I actually wanted to see. 

Some really stand out like him being the last person anyone wanted to see fight Sting and Lesnar, that Rollins thing they did the wrong way round, knob-jocking with CM Punk, the Nash stuff off that, him making and breaking Sheamus, etc.

That's not a judgement on the matches. Most have been great, the guy is first class. But I reckon my favourites in that time, outside of the Bryan stuff they eventually got right, have been huge surprises. Ambrose at Road Block, Cena in Saudi last year and the mixed tag at Mania where he and Ronda worked wonders. 

On 3/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, BomberPat said:

It's less about name value and more that he's not an ex-indie guy scrabbling to make it to WWE that they can afford to pay less because they'll jump at the prospect of fulfilling a childhood dream, he's someone that (potentially) could have had interest from other sports, and so WWE would need to offer him a decent chunk of change to work for them. That tends to be the case with a lot of the college athletes they sign, though maybe Corbin's athletic prime for any other sport was behind him.

I understand where you're coming from better now, but I really don't agree. During his brief and unsuccessful NFL career he wasn't on minimum wage but he definitely wasn't earning life changing amounts of money. If he was going to go into another professional sport I'd have expected him to have tried to prior to starting wrestling, and people with the ability to play at the highest level in two different professional sports are very rare indeed. He started with WWE with no prior pro wrestling experience and no name value, I just don't see why WWE would pay over the odds when signing him to a developmental deal. He needed a job way more than WWE needed him.

• Paid Members

Pretty much a nothing show. Definitely felt like cruise control. The only noteworthy thing was Samoa Joe's headbutt callback to Kurt's TNA debut. That was a nice touch.

What was that beat the clock shit though? Fucking hell. On the same day that you announce that they'll be closing Wrestlemania this is what you do to hype up the match? They need a big angle next week to heat this back up. It's felt like cold death since Fastlane.

Edited by Supremo

People talk about the size of the roster these days but bloody hell do I feel like I have seen the same combination of match ups or people wrestling eafh other for the last few months.

Corbin - Crewes

Balor - Lashley - Jinder

Ambrose - Drew

Black/O'Shea - Revival

It is a chore to sit through the highlights these days.

• Paid Members

They've proper dulled my excitement for everything leading into Mania, which is a shame. On palm, my cock should be harder than Michael Bisping for Triple H v Batista, but it's just felt a bit all over the place after that great angle a few weeks back. As Supremo mentioned, one good angle will rectify all That, so let's hope they have something to liven up my half hard cock.

I do think they've done a decent job with the triple threat main event, considering.

• Paid Members

Just a really nothing happening show. Honestly though, any show that doesn't harm the build is a winner in my book.

Loved the constant references to Angle & Joe's storied history without bothering to tell anyone what it was.