The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Hopefully this Corbin thing is just a swerve (shit one at that) and then next week someone like Vince says that Angle deserves a better send off and then you can bring out Cena. 

Corbin can then do the whole 'Well in that case I will have to win the Andre The Giant Battle Royal.....again' as an excuse for him to be involved in something else. 

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I had the same "Fucking hell" moment as everyone else when they announced Corbin. I could only rationalise that they don't fancy Kurt being up to a dream match because, as @Loki rightly points out, he looks absolutely fucked, so they're going to go with either him losing to Corbin and adding to his heat or Corbin tapping to him for the pop. Like it or not, Corbin is the truest heel in the company. I also think it's "go away" heat but regardless, in this era where hardly anyone is genuinely disliked - he is and they've got a hard-on for it.

Of course, he then loses on Raw. So if you put any stock in seeing him get his commupence, he just did. Again.

Has Brock Lesnar got some wasting disease?

Genuine question, what's up with Alexa? Why doesn't she work these days?

Brock dropping weight is still to coincide with a possible UFC return isn't it, I'd imagine.

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Genuine question, what's up with Alexa? Why doesn't she work these days?

She's doing the Roddy Piper thing of mostly being a talk show host. There's not much on the card for her, with everyone already tied up for WrestleMania, so this keeps her relevant without playing job girl for one of the main characters every week.

Welp, that sure was a Raw. Good on Ricochet for waking up the Chicago crowd. Then that dies a death when the hot exciting new flyer sits in a chinlock for five days. Against Jinder mother fucking Mahal.

I think Fastlane utterly broke me when it comes to WWE's presentation of babyfaces, lol. It's one thing to have Ricochet playing the "I'm living my childhood dreams" indie dork gimmick, but two time former world fucking champion Seth Rollins doing it, as he was . . . utter horseshit. How am I supposed to live vicariously through these guys when they're all fanboy nerds like me? Why won't they present anyone like stars anymore? Why don't they protect anyone or push the strengths unique to a wrestler and hide the weaknesses? Instead of plugging everyone into the same shit ideas. The had Ronda Rousey - ROWDY RONDA ROUSEY - doing the, "I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HERE AND EVERYONE IS MY FRIEND" gimmick for almost her entire run. Of course, it took a heel turn to get what she should have been all along. You know, Ronda fucking Rousey, crazy bitch that could legitimately kill you. Not Ronda Rousey that goes 50/50 with Dana Brooke for eight minutes, like she would have a month ago. She shouldn't be selling equally for every fucker on the roster.

Ronda, Batista and Lio Rush were all enjoyable again this week. I had to switch off after McIntyre's "Joe. You might have overcome leukaemia" line but it's hilarious reading that Seth ate the pin after the dip shit distraction finish.

It's obviously time I drop Raw and get a grip back on my sanity, must be a first for Mania season.

• Paid Members

I think there's a large crossover between people who don't believe Corbin is the real opponent and those who didn't believe they were going through with the Becky/Ronda/Charlotte Triple Threat.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Ha, aye. Angle's entire post-GM run and even retirement has felt like filler, it wouldn't surprise me if Vince is serious. We know he sees something in Corbin, for some reason.

I groaned when they announced it too.  Mainly because I can't see it being any good to watch. A beast like Angle deserves at least a chance of a good match against someone that can work around his limitations.

Corbin gets taken out or injured at mania before the mstch. Angle has no choice but to have one last open invitational. Out comes Cena 17 years after the first. 

Jesus! 17 years!!!

The only reason I can possibly think for them going for Angle v Corbin is because they'd rather not put pressure on Angle to have a featured match due to his limitations and just want a quick one where he can get all his spots in and go out with a nice reception. I'm certainly not interested in seeing that go on for more than a few minutes if they do stick with it, so I guess we wait and see. 

That show was a reminder that RAW really needs the Superstar Shakeup. Christ, they left them with a dull roster last time. 

• Paid Members

In a time when the never ending run of crushing letdowns and inexplicable decisions leave many of us jaded to the point of casually shrugging every time something disappointing happens, is there anything more beige ever than the prospect of Kurts last match being with Borin Carbon?

Read this earlier...

According to a new report by @Wrestlevotes, the match between WWE Hall Of Famer Kurt Angle & Baron Corbin at WrestleMania 35 is now being reconsidered. There is no word yet on who might replace Corbin for Angle's Farewell Match at WrestleMania, but more information will be provided once it is made available. As previously reported, other names that were being discussed for Angle's WrestleMania 35 opponent included John Cena, who was first speculated before Corbin was announced.

WWE Officials did not expect this type of negative reaction, according to the report, and they don't want such a negative feel to Angle's final match

If true I find it amazing that they were not expecting a negative reaction to that announcement, it's like they don't even watch there own product :laugh: