The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Potentially, we just lose the months that Brock’s around feeling important, rather than all the other months gaining importance.

This is my worry. There's no reason that, in Brock's absence, they couldn't have elevated the Intercontinental Title, or made other people feel significant. But they tend to feel important for a month or two, before falling into the pattern of having to wrestle every week and eroding whatever makes seeing them exciting. 

Having a champion on TV isn't going to make those shows feel important, it just means the guy cutting a 20 minute promo at the top of the show, and wrestling in a handicap match in the main event, will be wearing a title belt.

52 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Thats not to say that there shouldn’t be references to him or video packages of him training or something like that on the show

This is key, and something WWE have got phenomenally wrong. The problem isn't that Brock's not there, it's that you forget Brock even exists unless he's building to a match that month. 

People always point to Hogan not wrestling on TV, but the WWF in the '80s and early '90s never let you forget that Hogan was the star, whether he was there or not.

• Paid Members

OK, so what alternatives are there currently available to Brock as Champion and doing the same shit he's been doing for years? Because I'm at a loss. I think they just have to pick someone and go all in on them because with no one winning the main belt for the past few years it has really stagnated the upper end of the Raw roster. And they seem unable to book many interesting storylines that don't revolve around title belts so they might as well just go for it with someone. Brock's run isn't helping anyone.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So Elias’ big plan for WrestleMania is to do a concert uninterrupted. Didn’t he manage that three times at Fastlane?

Cena or Taker to interrupt? Given neither has a match, but at least one of them is likely to make an appearance on the show I could see that happening. 

• Awards Moderator
Just now, mim731 said:

Cena or Taker to interrupt? Given neither has a match, but at least one of them is likely to make an appearance on the show I could see that happening. 

Oh, I know, I get that. You don't hype it as "uninterrupted" and then have it go uninterrupted. What I meant was them making a big deal of him always being interrupted, when just over a week ago he managed three songs without a single interruption.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Oh, I know, I get that. You don't hype it as "uninterrupted" and then have it go uninterrupted. What I meant was them making a big deal of him always being interrupted, when just over a week ago he managed three songs without a single interruption.

Sorry HG, should have clarified I wasn't querying your point, you're 100% spot on there considering what happened at Fastlane. Just thinking aloud on who might be interrupting him. 

I imagine The Rock is another contender actually, schedule allowing. 

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members

A Rock concert would be a great way of getting Rock on there, giving something for Elias to do, without the insurance people pulling their hair out. 

No way Angle and Corbin is the final match. Hopefully Big match John gets the nod. The audience certainly made that known. 

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Announcing Baron Corbin as Angles opponent was the biggest disappointment on Raw since Fake Diesel and Razor showed up. That cannot be the final match listing. 

Baron corbin of all people that's a massive let down I was hoping to see angle vs cena or someone else with that big match feel to them

It feels so tone deaf that I'm afraid they really ARE going with Angle v Corbin.  

It's been great to see Kurt back in WWE these last few years, but I'm glad he's retiring.  He looked absolutely knackered in that match with Chad Gable.  Age and injuries has caught up with him in a BIG way in the last couple of years.

Still, his match was better than Elias v José.  Wow, that was bad.

• Paid Members

I've no doubt whatsoever that they're serious in announcing Corbin as Angle's opponent. The way he's pushed and presented, you can tell they think he's over as a heel, unable to differentiate between proper heat and, "oh, just fuck off," heat. Check out Kurt having to practically apologise for it on Instagram after the backlash!