The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Statto said:

Seem to me that turns like that are the norm in WWE now - I’d honestly not be surprised if over the last 5 years there had been more sudden “He’s got a new outlook on life now, Michael” turns than ‘traditional’ on-screen turns.

It's true. Even proper turns don't resonate very often with me, even at the top. I couldn't tell you how AJ turned face off the top of my head. There's a load of turns from recent years that I simply don't recall. The only one on main roster TV that I remember as being really well executed in recent memory was Zayn helping Owens against Shane in the Cell match, that was excellent. But otherwise they've either lost the knack for turning someone properly, or I'm more jaded than I thought.

• Paid Members

If you're gonna have a heel like Baron shave all his hair off why not do it in an angle? It's fucking pro wrestling booking 101. Baron picks on baby face,  babyface shaves off his hair in comical fashion in an angle or in a hair vs hair match. Big pop for babyface, Baron gets heel heat throwing a tantrum and looking stupid. Job done. Instead they film it on YouTube. Ridiculous. 

I didn't realise they filmed Corbin on YouTube with his hair. But does kind of go against the character by doing that. He is meant to be a lone wolf, doing his own thing, not on YouTube shaving his hair. It's little things like this that bug me with todays wrestling. Either do it in an angle or just let him do it because he's Corbin and doesn't care what anyone thinks.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I didn't realise they filmed Corbin on YouTube with his hair. But does kind of go against the character by doing that. He is meant to be a lone wolf, doing his own thing, not on YouTube shaving his hair. It's little things like this that bug me with todays wrestling. Either do it in an angle or just let him do it because he's Corbin and doesn't care what anyone thinks.

I read the 'constable' gig, and the head shave (including the filming of it) as him transitioning away from the lone wolf gimmick and into something else. Thinking of something in the mould of Val Venis becoming Chief Morley, but more subtle. Might be wrong, but he could definitely do with a more fleshed out character, so I'm 100% on board if that's the idea.

I'm giving them too much credit, aren't I?

Hmmm, Braun isn't cashing in for a one on one match against Brock is he?

I can see either a Reigns/Brock/Braun triple threat at Summerslam with Reigns winning at Extreme Rules and thinking he's got another one on one match, only for Braun to cash in and make it a three way, or a Reigns/Brock match at Summerslam with Reigns finally getting the win, only for Braun to cash in, to continue the "Reigns was screwed" storyline into the next decade.

Also, Ziggler winning the IC title. I don't actually mind Ziggler as much as some on here but bloody hell that's a backward step if there ever was one.

I'm guessing this is setting up Ambrose coming back to even the odds against Ziggler/Drew in the coming weeks.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

Yeah it really doesn't seem like Strowman will be going the route

On 6/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, The King of Old School said:

Hmmm, Braun isn't cashing in for a one on one match against Brock is he?

I can see either a Reigns/Brock/Braun triple threat at Summerslam with Reigns winning at Extreme Rules and thinking he's got another one on one match, only for Braun to cash in and make it a three way, or a Reigns/Brock match at Summerslam with Reigns finally getting the win, only for Braun to cash in, to continue the "Reigns was screwed" storyline into the next decade.

Yeah it doesn't seem like they'll be going in that direction of the one on one against Brock, with Strowman after all. 

Extremely surprised, and annoyed that noodle head is back holding the IC Title again. Of the idea was to take Rollins out of that picture for a bump up the card (if that's the case), then Elias could have used the win at Money in the Bank. Should Rollins just be winning it directly back, then I don't really have the same problem with it. I just don't want to see Ziggler clogging up both the Tag and IC title scenes. 

• Paid Members

Managed to blast through this week’s episode in about thirty minutes.

Perfect booking of Ronda. Book her against a clearly defined heel, script her to be a killer, and give her huge breaks away from TV like they do with Brock so she doesn’t get stale. Night and day already with the Nia feud, which might be the worst feud of the year for me.

Who the hell are we supposed to root for in the Nia vs. Alexa match at Extreme Rules after Nia had that phantom heel turn the other week? Or has she had another one and gone back babyface?

Just when Seth was really starting to make the IC Title mean something, they give it to that waste of space. Fuck off.

If they have Braun cash in on Roman after Roman beats Brock at Summerslam I’ll laugh my balls off. It’s as if they’re genuinely trying to make Roman look as shit as possible. Imagine the pop that’d get from the New York crowd. Roman would look like such a knobhead. There’d be zero sympathy. It’s so tone deaf, it’s now what I’m fully expecting.

Not sure I agree with keeping Ronda off TV like Brock. If she's signed a full time deal/schedule then why shouldn't she be on TV each week. If she wants to be a wrestler then why not commit fully. Not sure if it's the case she has outside projects like movies etc keeping her away but even so she signed with WWE so WWE should be her main focus.

She's not going to learn the ropes literally being away weeks at a time. How can you build storylines etc if she's not around? I know she's Ronda Rousey but for me the star power has faded slightly  so stand in line and work on your pro wrestling and take every opportunity to be in the ring and on TV if she's not going to fully commit then why be there? I respect and admire her UFC legacy and it was a novilety her signing with WWE but lets move on from that, shes signed so lets get on with her wrestling. I can perhaps understand her being treat as a special attraction at first but not forever. It will do her no favours in regards to learning her trade and backstage favour with the other women on the roster. Id be pissed not to see her at a house show or at a taping. If your going to be a wrestler then be a wrestler not some celebrity who dips in and out when it suits your schedule.

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

Not sure I agree with keeping Ronda off TV like Brock. If she's signed a full time deal/schedule then why shouldn't she be on TV each week.

Being on TV every week so far has completely killed all the novelty and momentum she had. She doesn’t feel special at all now and it was only her awesome performance on Sunday that brought her back from the brink of becoming just another woman on the roster. The next Sasha Banks, if you will. 

They need to keep her appearances sporadic to make her feel different to everyone else, exactly like they do Brock. That’s the very reason why Brock still feels like such a bigger star. He feels like he matters when no-one else does.

Also, she doesn’t need to learn her craft or get better. She’s already spectacular. She had a match of the year candidate in her first match at Mania, then gave Nia the best match she’s ever had in her first singles match at Money in the Bank. She’s the best. Nia has fought everyone in NXT and the main roster and none of them came close to giving her the match that Ronda did.

Edited by Supremo