The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The Dart said:

MITB cash in mid match?

EXACTLY the kind of awesome get-out-of-jail-free card they're bound to reject in favour of something shite.

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

Nattie heel turn on Ronda costing her the match is my guess.

Giving Ronda a 1-1 record. Urgh, welcome to club 50-50, etc. I was so hyped for Rousey after WrestleMania and now I barely care. If she kills Nia in about 40 seconds and goes on to beat everybody except Charlotte for the next 9 months leading to her against Flair at Mania next year, Iā€™m back on board. I struggle to think what else will redeem this.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Safest prediction is probably a really long and boring beat down of Ronda, where she has to sell way too much and the crowd end up bored to tears

Real tears.

I'm a massive Rousey fan, having followed her from Strikeforce to 'Mania, but they've somehow managed to scare me off. How you turn someone like Rousey into just another boring part of your boring show is a little mind-blowing, but we are in the era of low standards and seemingly a contempt for their customers.

25 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Giving Ronda a 1-1 record. Urgh, welcome to club 50-50, etc. I was so hyped for Rousey after WrestleMania and now I barely care. If she kills Nia in about 40 seconds and goes on to beat everybody except Charlotte for the next 9 months leading to her against Flair at ļ»æMania next year, Iā€™m bļ»æack on board. I struggle to think what else will redeem thisļ»æ.ļ»æļ»æ

The whole 'friendship' is so un natural, and forced it appears to be massively telegraphed as to what will happen but maybe I don't give them enough credit. we'll see though.

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Classic WWE.

The superstars don't matter in there eyes, it's the WWE name that sells tickets etc.

Isn't that fairly true to a point though

When WWE tickets go on sale they sell fairly quickly before anyone even knows who will be on the card for that night, of course you can know who to expect but for many it's a chance to see WWE live not Roman Reigns live, it's the company name that sells the majority of tickets rather then people just going to see a particular person in action.

For smaller companies that isn't the case, take the ROH uk tour from last month, twitter was mainly full of people asking "who's on the show" or "when will the card be announced"Ā or '"waiting to buy tickets until we see who is on the card" etc.

Tickets only really started to shift well once the card was announced.

You don't get that with WWE shows, granted WWE works differently in that you generally know who is appearing but as a brand name just putting WWE on the banner will sell a lot of people on going.

Not to say that excuses the lack of star making over the last few years though and generally shoddy booking for the majority of the roster.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

Nattie heel turn on Ronda costing her the match is my guess.

That would be stunning, considering hers was a phantom face turn to begin with.

Now that I think of it..... Charlotte turned face merely by moving from Raw to SmackDown, didn't she? Big Show would have been proud of that one.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It is amazing how Ronda has gone from the hottest signing WWE has made in a long time to a complete afterthought within the space of 6 months.

She's fighting for the women's title at one of their biggest PPV events of the year. Complete afterthought is a pretty big stretch.Ā 

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, air_raid said:

That would be stunning, considering hers was a phantom face turn to begin with.

Now that I think of it..... Charlotte turned face merely by moving from Raw to SmackDown, didn't she? Big Show would have been proud of that one.

Seem to me that turns like that are the norm in WWE now - Iā€™d honestly not be surprised if over the last 5 years there had been more suddenĀ ā€œHeā€™s got a new outlook on life now, Michaelā€ turns than ā€˜traditionalā€™ on-screen turns.