The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

She's sloppy in the ring the matches look pieced together step by step especially her Mania match were it was clear Triple H was guiding her every step of the way she can wrestle and do moves but so can my 9 year old brother, she can't work there a difference, especially without a solid hand to guide her. It would of been better to put her with Natalya or even Mickie James early on before throwing her in the deep end. If she is going to be indeed around for the long haul she's needs to tighten up her pro wrestling skills because once the star power has faded and the novelty has worn off her weakness are going to clear enough to see. She can't even bump right or run the ropes i cringe when I see her using two arms to lean in to the ropes.

I have no doubt Ronda is a fast learner and she will become a solid worker but that will only happen with hands on experience and working with decent hands to show her the way. Keep her as a special attraction for now fair enough but it will become boring after a while so best she falls in line now before the star power fades.

Brock is different he was a wrestler first with a wrestling legacy his build was natural and organic for as much as he doesn't give 2 shits these days unless the money or the town is right he's earned his star power just as much as the Rock or Stone Cold. Ronda is a UFC superstar who so far has been as stiff as a board in promos and gotten over because of her star power had any other female with zero credibility or star power worked that match Nia she would have laughed out the building just because she is Ronda Rousey that doesn't automatically make her a great. 

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

Keep her as a special attraction for now fair enough but it will become boring after a while so best she falls in line now before the star power fades.

45 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

Not sure I agree with keeping Ronda off TV like Brock. If she's signed a full time deal/schedule then why shouldn't she be on TV each week. 

The fuck?

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

The fuck?

For me id rather her be on TV each week as its a reason for me to watch the highlights on youtube. I can't understand you pay all this money to sign someone and then you keep her off TV and house shows etc. If she is such a big star you wouldn't have to worry about her going stale. Stone Cold at the peak of his run wasn't kept off TV he was the reason people watched. I would watch Raw if Ronda was on every week but id get bored and past caring trying to keep up with her part time schedule wouldn't be worth the effort.

Can you imagine peak off the attitude era right in the middle of the McMahon/Austin fued somebody has the bright idea to take him off TV....in case he goes stale.

I'd have far more respect for Ronda and WWE if they let the novelty die down and had her build organically working with solid hands week in week out earning her spot. Be a thrill to watch her grow as a wrestler. I don't care that she is Ronda Rousey UFC superstar. It was fun at first but now her awkward promos and sloppy matches and terrible booking as killed that for me as they have already burned her out. A nice organic build would have kept me behind her, her slow rise up the ranks, getting better and better as the weeks went by would have made it all that more special when she finally peaked. They rushed her debut, 6months at the performance centre would have done the trick instead of 6 weeks. I know they had lighting in bottle and wanted to strike fast but so far it's just showcased her weakness and done her no favours.

I mean was that supposed to be a Powerbomb to Alexa through the table? Good job Alexa is a decent worker and had were with all to keep her upper body ridget and take the bump on her upper back had that been a less experienced worker and she didn't her upper body ridget could have been a nasty ladding anybody seen the footage of Vader not protecting that jobber in the early 90s with the Powerbomb and he broke his back could have been a sequel on Raw this week.

Edited by C-Rock

Maybe WWE don't have enough faith in their Creative team to keep Ronda from going to stale if they kept her on TV each week or maybe they don't have enough faith in Ronda or she has no longevity. If Lady GaGa signed up to be in Eastenders do you think they would take her off TV after a week in case she gets stale...when Hogan debut for WCW do you think Bischoff thought let's take him off TV in case he goes stale. Imagine Ronda is the best England football player and it's the World Cup do you think the manager is going to keep her on the bench or just for special occasions? 

Keep her on TV...WWE wonder why their weekly ratings are in the toilet and you fans agree to take her off TV to stop her going stale. Have faith in the WWE Creative team I mean they haven't done anything wrong lately have they? It's not like they are going to fuck up getting a sure fire ratings winner like Ronda Rousey wrong are they? Have faith.

I think Ronda needs to be on TV more often that Brock has appeared, but it doesn't really need to be every single week.

Was really hoping we would get a Brock/Braun one on one match at Summerslam to really cement Braun as the man, doesn't look like it's happening though.

My prediction is as follows -

Reigns beats Brock at Summerslam in front of complete apathy.

Braun beats Regins at Summerslam by cashing in the briefcase straight after his match with Brock

Braun/Reigns takes us through the Autumn, with Reigns eventually getting the belt back before the end of the year.

Rollins to win the Royal Rumble in January and face Reigns at Wrestlemania 35.

Braun to take a "Kane/Big Show" role for the rest of his career.

Edited by The King of Old School

Didn't Braun and Reigns just have a drawn out thing, it's fresh in my memory Braun tipping shite on him every week and throwing him through walls etc. Who the hell does Braun feud with once he's got the belt, he's been booked that strong that it's hard to SEE anybody in there, opposing him and in my mind having a shot. Heel Lashley? Mcintyre, big bastard that he is? I see all this knowing it's gonna be Kane isn't it.

• Paid Members

Personally, I’m not particularly interested in seeing either Roman or Braun as champion. In both cases it feels like the timing is all wrong. With Roman, his character has taken such a hammering from the writers that, bar a heel turn, there doesn’t seem to be any way of salvaging him. He’s a pitiful mess now.

With Braun, it feels like they missed their window. He was the hottest thing ever late last year and at a push they could’ve held it off until Wrestlemania, but by this point it feels like the moment has passed. Giving him the Greatest Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank wins just feels daft now, like they’ve realised six months too late that he was the guy to go with. Plus, they might try and pretend it never happened now after bottling it with Roman at Mania, but the fact that Brock beat Braun with relative ease at No Mercy, back when The Plan~! was in full effect, definitely looms over the Strowman character. Why should I care about you getting another title shot when Lesnar pinned you with one F5 in a shit, ten minute snoozer?

Realistically, Seth was the guy who should’ve gotten the belt at Summerslam. Like Strowman last year, it felt like Seth was really starting to build some authentic momentum. He was getting great reactions from the crowd, having some of the best TV matches in years,  and if they’d continued pushing him as being on the run of his career they could’ve easily booked a Title vs. Title match with Brock. It’s beyond disappointing that they threw that opportunity away to give the Intercontinental Title to that noodle-haired bell-end. If the handling of Braun Strowman is any indication they’ll probably realise the mistake they’ve made with Seth in six to eight months.

Seriously, if this company could recognise when to correctly pull the trigger on guys they‘d have made Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman and Seth Rollins into PPV-headlining champions over the past year, instead of leaving them in limbo with everyone else.

Edited by Supremo

On 6/23/2018 at 5:18 PM, Freddyjoe said:

Has anybody ever considered that the whole Roman thing is a work on the fans? To the point the WWE are now doing these things to get the reactions that the audience are giving? The fans are doing exactly what WWE are aiming for? 

I honestly don't belive the writers are that smart tbh mate.

I really do believe roman could have been the next big thing but they just dropped the ball completely and ballsed it up when he was taking daniel Bryans main event title spot, i don't belive that btw but alot of fans do and it just went against him 

36 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I honestly don't belive the writers are that smart tbh mate.

I really do believe roman could have been the next big thing but they just dropped the ball completely and ballsed it up when he was taking daniel Bryans main event title spot, i don't belive that btw but alot of fans do and it just went against him 

Maybe..

maybe I go against the grain but bloody hell Roman is good. He can talk despite what fan boys say and he can wrestle. He’s the full package- look, character, attitude etc etc he’s next level. 

I'm not even sure that would make the writers smart anyway. As is everything in WWE they'll be more concerned with money being drawn than audience reaction and will forever use Cena as the measuring stick in that respect. If Reigns does good numbers and I'm not even sure what that constitutes these days they'll carry on pushing and booking him how they have.

11 hours ago, Freddyjoe said:

Maybe..

maybe I go against the grain but bloody hell Roman is good. He can talk despite what fan boys say and he can wrestle. He’s the full package- look, character, attitude etc etc he’s next level. 

Do you know what dude honestly, as a face roman is laughable and really reminds me of John cena when he walked into one night stand against rvd.

But if you look at him as a heel, a proper bad guy that shits on what the fan's want. Then I really rexpect and like roman