The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Lashley is awful. I'm still not sure all of this nonsense is part of some sort of heel character they're building, but that's probably giving the writers a wee bit too much credit. I've never watched him in TNA or anything, so I'm not sure if that's the extent of his charisma.

His head unsettles me, though. From the back, it looks like it belongs in a bag of Revels.

• Awards Moderator

If you thought your e-fed was bad in 2003, some guy on Reddit grabbed a couple of script pages from last night's Raw (allegedly).

_aUym9Ss5Jx-Q701ZxFfC4nED_Xqfx24ybINhmapIUU.jpg?s=c35a09ca081ec8d92714f670d5ca7137

TJmwTt2.jpg

TALENT SHOULD NOT ADLIB.

Yeah, not buying it. Agents: Brian James ans Dean Malenko. So we are using one persons real name and anothers gimmick name? Nah.

Anyhoo - it seems Alexa Bliss was right all along and Nia really is one big bully so, yeah... Has any thought been put into this at all? Seriously?

Fast forwarded the rest of the show. Doesnt sound like there's anything I should rewind and watch from all the reports I have read. 

"Tell a story: Make it entertaining" 🤣

If only...it's us as viewers who are in the fecking wasteland! Seeing all those teams in the ring truly highlights the awful nature of the tag division. Not a whole lot better on Smackers either. Was waiting for AOP to come in and smash everyone.

Also, why put Ronda on 'commentary' when she's not commenting? You could hear them trying to cue her up a couple of times to no avail but even that makes you unsure whether it's something they're telling her to do/not to do. 

Don't know where to start on Lashley - he reminds me a bit of early New Day without the charisma.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Curious by what they mean about not changing tenses. Does that mean if they are starting In Present  tense they have to stick to it even when talking about next week or later in the show?

Nah. You see it a lot in writing. Someone will flip between in the present and looking back and it can be really shit.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah, not buying it. Agents: Brian James ans Dean Malenko. So we are using one persons real name and anothers gimmick name? Nah.

Why? Dogg had a few different gimmick names but gets referred to as "Brian James" on Network blurbs and nameplates all the time, and no doubt goes by that backstage, but Dean's been "Dean Malenko" to the whole industry for 40 years. There's reasons to assume it's bullshit but I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

My latest nadir has been checking WWE's YouTube channel on Tuesday morning and not seeing a single clip from Raw of the dozen plus or so they upload that I actually want to watch. 

11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Nah. You see it a lot in writing. Someone will flip between in the present and looking back and it can be really shit.

Interesting, i'm probably looking at it from less of a literacy angle and more practical due to my job. I'm going to be looking out for this now!

The ending to the Reigns/Rollins vs. Mahal/Elias match made no sense. I FFWed through most of the show, so I might have missed a comment on commentary that it was a No DQ match or something, but otherwise how was Elias not DQed for DDTing Rollins on a chair in front of the ref? I am guessing the ref was meant to be distracted, but it looked bad no matter what.

The rest of the show was really bad, full of lazy writing and with no one (other than maybe Strowman) to care about. The Jax/Rousey stuff is still awful, the tag division is weak, and as has been commented on before there are just no stars on the show.

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

Third week in a row I haven't even bothered with the highlight version. I can't believe how spectacularly dull things are right now. I have a quick read of the recap and it doesn't even prompt me to check out bits on YouTube.

Constable Corbin is a new low for authority figures that I didn't think was possible. Jesus fucking Christ.

For a couple of years, I've spelt that a reigns heel turn could ignite things somewhat but now, honestly, I just don't think I'd give a shit. Given how cold they've made Daniel Bryan so quickly, how utterly shit a job they've done of "Woken" Matt Hardy, how hideous I find the booking of Braun Strowman week to week and this horrific sounding Jax/Rousey "feud" -  I just don't think they have the ability to produce compelling TV anymore. They're over-reliant on indy dream matches, which they are rapidly burning through and aside from perhaps Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe, no-one is worthy of anyone caring even a tiny bit about them.

Not that there aren't good matched. There'll be good matches on the PPV but just nothing to sell them in the slightest. NXT, which I still find quite boring week to week, is still miles and miles and miles ahead of this. Because they live and die by the principals of good pro-wrestling. They establish who we are, why we need to fight, why you should care and why it matters who wins. TIme and time again. Raw and Smackers fall down on the first bit.

This past year has probably been the least I've watched the weekly WWE shows since I was able to first watch them on Sky way back when.

It doesn't feel like I'm missing anything at all. I've watched a few random matches on Smackdown and a couple of Raws but other than that I feel like I can quite easily watch the PPVs and not miss a beat.

On the other hand I always put in the effort to watch NXT because it's a solid and concise hour with well booked matches and characters that actually don't make me crazy.