The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Its a shame they havent really capitalised on that brilliant match at Mania and had something ready for Ronda. I mean, of all the girls, she should have had a program ready for the next night. Instead, shes walked to the ring for the save 2 or 3 weeks and not much else. She should have been in a tag match at Backlash and then probably a singles at MITB. You can then quite easily keep her away from the title match until Summerslam and give her a decent run with it.

1 hour ago, Van Dammer said:

Its a shame they havent really capitalised on that brilliant match at Mania and had something ready for Ronda. I mean, of all the girls, she should have had a program ready for the next night. Instead, shes walked to the ring for the save 2 or 3 weeks and not much else. She should have been in a tag match at Backlash and then probably a singles at MITB. You can then quite easily keep her away from the title match until Summerslam and give her a decent run with it.

Talking of Rousey, she wrestled on a show in Geneva, Switzerland today, teaming with Ember Moon and Natalya vs. Mickie James, Ruby Riott, and Liv Morgan.

The end of the match: www.twitter.com/Na_nou83/status/996854209734684672

On 5/17/2018 at 12:01 AM, DJM said:

Talking of Rousey, she wrestled on a show in Geneva, Switzerland today, teaming with Ember Moon and Natalya vs. Mickie James, Ruby Riott, and Liv Morgan.

The end of the match: www.twitter.com/Na_nou83/status/996854209734684672

Rousey looked decent with what she did but they really should be putting her in singles matches on the tour to get her ready for Jax [who would not be able to carry her anywhere near as well as someone with the experience of Mickie James could] in my opinion.
Also think they are putting Jax/Rousey out there for no reason.
Have Rousey work a programme with Mickie first, get used to doing singles bouts away from the pressure of live TV, have the blow off on a Raw main or 'special event' and then, if you have to, do Jax/Rousey [which would work infinitely better if Jax was still the big bully in my opinion]. 

• Paid Members

On Ronda, that sort of shit promo with Nia is the type of thing that will start getting her booed by audiences. It's just such contrived bollocks. She got a massive reaction at Wrestlemania after a superb performance because she looked like an absolute killer. Nobody wants to see her playing sister act with Natalya or arse-licking with Nia/Charlotte. They should be building her up to fucking obliterate them. The way they're booking this, either Ronda will get booed in the match, Nia will get booed (after all the effort they've just gone through to turn her babyface, a role model for anti-bullying/fat-shaming etc) or, even worse, they both get booed. 

The more I think about it the more I think it's totally the wrong time for them to feud. Nia is cringeworthy as a babyface and often prone to clumsiness in the ring. Ronda has had one TV/PPV match and one house show match. As both a physical match and a feud, this has got disaster written all over it and could potentially undo the work that's gone into both of their presentations of late. Worrying. 

2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

On Ronda, that sort of shit promo with Nia is the type of thing that will start getting her booed by audiences. 

Wait until she starts talking about magic beans and climbing stalks. That'll get her over.

22 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

As both a physical match and a feud, this has got disaster written all over it and could potentially undo the work that's gone into both of their presentations of late. Worrying.

The signs are there to see, Ronda should stick to pointing at them instead of adding to them.

I've more or less given up on Raw being any good, but quite glad England cheered Jinder. He's fucking shit, but I've been watching some of the attitude era UK PPVs and they always stuck Tiger Ali Singh out there for cheap racial heat which we could be relied on at that time (and part of me wonders if they were going for that here), and at least something's improved in that time

I thought the 6 woman tag was decent, but then again Sasha Banks is about the only thing I really want to see each Monday and the slow burn storyline with Bayley is the only thing with any thought gone into it the past 6 months.

• Paid Members

Fuck Stephanie. She's back one week and she's already undone all the good work she did leading up to and including Wrestlemania. It's like the whole thing was a dream. She's right back in that shitty tweener role, where she's superior to everyone and everything. Kevin Owens comes out and cuts a nice promo, actually feels a bit like a star, then they script him to look a dickhead when he leans against Steph's shoulder. Then they build up Nia vs. Ronda by essentially having Stephanie rip the piss out of both of them, with neither doing anything about it. I fucking hate Stephanie in this role. I'm forever baffled as to what they think they're doing when they book her like this. They must know how damaging it is in the long-run, surely?

I wonder if any FOX executives watched that Sami Zayn/Lashley's sisters segment? Imagine watching that, knowing you're giving these guys an actual billion dollars.

I love the B Team. Their celebrations are the highlight of the show.

I like that even his fellow announcers can't be fucked with Coach's shitty, "word of the hour," thing. He tried to squeeze one out during the third hour and both Cole and Graves talked all over him. Lovely.

Drew MacIntyre has got something. Every week he stands out.

Fun main event. 

Seth Rollins needs to be the one to beat Brock. 

Roman continues to be an aimless, pathetic character who needs an injury or something to sideline him for six months to a year.

• Awards Moderator

Came in to say everything @Supremobeat me to. I don't think I've ever heard a crowd so silent as during that Lashley beatdown / comeback. Zayn is going to have to work his socks off for this one.

And B Team were just terrific in their role. Knew exactly what they were there for. 

I did a double take at Drew too. Just pops off the screen. Let hope this is the right run for him. 

Putting Rollins and Reigns back in the same frame just highlighted the reaction gulf between the two. I'm no fan of Seth but he's ridiculously over right now, they must pull the trigger on him (again). 

• Paid Members

Steph is great on the mic. She's a fucking McMahon for crying out loud. She can do the lot. The problem is the way they portray her is horrific. No idea how much she writes these days, if at all, but she probably couldn't write her own character to be as over-bearing and belittling as it is.

Delighted to say I didn't watch this show. Not even the highlights. When I read about that Lashley's Sisters segment, I was utterly thrilled. It sounds absolutely horrendous. Sami Zayn is awesome. And this is what they have for him.

if the plan is for McIntyre to kick Ziggler's head off in a few months to turn bigtime babyface, I think they might be on to something.

• Paid Members

Fuck's sake. With a few exceptions, Raw is a real chore to sit through at the moment. 

The Lashley/Zayn segment was one of the worst segments of the year, possibly even the last ten. Lashley even looked clumsy in the beatdown portion, which if anything should play to strengths rather than opening his mouth and trying to cut a fucking promo. And I know he doesn't have much to work with, but I'm sorry, Sami Zayn's schtick during the last couple of weeks of this hasn't been that great either. 

I don't think there's much wrong with the actual mechanics of the way they've booked the Mahal/Reigns feud - there's just so much apathy towards both people involved that it's got no chance of getting off the ground for me, and the MITB crowd will shit on it from a great height. 

Steph getting involved in the Ronda/Nia setup for me was the correct call. I said last week the dynamic was totally off in terms of how they should present both characters so it's pleasing to see they're back on what I'd call the right track. 

Seth Rollins needs to be positioned as Raw's top guy asap. He can wrestle any style, whip the crowd into a frenzy with a good promo, birds love him, blokes think he's cool. Unlike most of the characters on the show I think they're actually booking Rollins quite well, at least for the time being. 

There is still just so much wrong with Raw and WWE at the moment.

The Lashley/Zayn stuff was just terrible, but sadly it was exactly what we all expected from WWE when they said they would be having Lashley's "sisters" on the show this week (they were either going to be men or fat women).

Alexa Bliss should not be losing to Ember Moon at the moment. Mickie James causing a DQ and Moon fighting off James and Bliss was the obvious way to go.

Jax and Rousey does not feel as big as they are going to try to make it out as being. Jax just does not have any momentum behind her after struggling to beat Bliss (who just lost clean this week to Ember Moon) in her last title defense, and has never been portrayed as the dominant wrestler she looks like she should be. If they had booked the match for at Summerslam or later in the year, then they could have tried to build Jax up as an unstoppable/dominant champion, but they have rushed the match without putting any thought into it until the last minute. Steph picking out their flaws really does not help either.

Reigns is a lost cause at the moment and putting him with Jinder is doing nothing positive for him.