The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently the crowd were entertaining themselves with a beach ball during Jinder's match and there was a marriage proposal during the womens match.
According to those that were there the crowd was largely entertaining themselves during most of the long matches.

Not a great sign of the current product but as long as they keep buying tickets you have to wonder if Vince/WWE care.

Ugh.  If they insist on doing that, why do it during a match.  I guess doing it during a promo would be more distracting to the people that don't give a shit, but there's plenty of breaks.

• Paid Members

Reigns vs Mahal. For fuck's sake. 

Disagree on Rollins/Mojo being shit - terrible entrance and gear aside I thought Rawley looked perfectly serviceable out there. If anything Rollins probably gave him too much. I've said this in a couple of other threads already today so apologies if I sound like a broken record, but they need to strap the fucking rocket to Rollins. Putting on some excellent matches and the crowd have never been more into him. I know it's WWE but it defies all logic that they keep presenting Reigns as their top babyface when they have Rollins, Strowman and even Balor getting better reactions and putting on better matches. 

Decent women's triple threat as well I thought. Promo-work aside I dig Ember Moon. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I hope he said:

"Will. You. Marry. Me." *Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap*

"Will. You. Marry. Me." *Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap*

I hope she did a 'SHALL I?'

59 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Ugh.  If they insist on doing that, why do it during a match.  I guess doing it during a promo would be more distracting to the people that don't give a shit, but there's plenty of breaks.

The breaks and promos were probably far more interesting than the match.

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently the crowd were entertaining themselves with a beach ball during Jinder's match and there was a marriage proposal during the womens match.

It could have been far worse.

That Lashley promo was pretty unbelievable, wasn't it? First of all, the video package was like some kind of insane person's revisionist history of his first stint - which, to a point, fair enough - but the interview was almost mind-blowing in how mind-numbing it was. You have this guy who looks as physically impressive as anyone on the roster, who's a former champion, who's recently been fighting MMA - and the first thing you have him say when he comes back to WWE is some rambling nonsense about how he loves his sisters? It was like having to politely listen to your senile grandmother tell you some boring family story she's already told you a hundred times, except you buy her as tough.

• Paid Members

Raw was better than Backlash. It's usually a benefit to the show when there is an overarching theme to the episode, and the focus on MITB helped here. Especially how pretty much everyone on the roster were trying to be a part of it. 

The triple threat main event was good, and Sami Zayn was great on his walk to the ring and his promo backstage with Kevin Owens. He has been completely rejuvenated ever since helping Owens in that Cell match. 

Mojo Rawley and Seth Rollins had a good match as well. Another gold star here for Rollins. 

That Lashley promo was complete nonsense. When I seen they were planning a sit down interview with him I thought "Oh good, they're trying to put a little meat on the bone here at least". Then it turned into 2018's version of Mr. t's Hall of Fame Speech. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, textonly said:

That Lashley promo was pretty unbelievable, wasn't it? First of all, the video package was like some kind of insane person's revisionist history of his first stint - which, to a point, fair enough - but the interview was almost mind-blowing in how mind-numbing it was. You have this guy who looks as physically impressive as anyone on the roster, who's a former champion, who's recently been fighting MMA - and the first thing you have him say when he comes back to WWE is some rambling nonsense about how he loves his sisters? It was like having to politely listen to your senile grandmother tell you some boring family story she's already told you a hundred times, except you buy her as tough.

I'm guessing that if Lesnar hadn't re-signed Lashley would have been brought in under the MMA fighter former world champion gimmick, but Lesnar didn't go and they can't have Lashley doing the thing that is the whole reason they try to push Lesnar as so special, so instead he mumbles on about how he loves his sisters. Hopefully not in the same way as Paul Birchill loved his "sister", but I'm not going to rule it out.

Plus it's probably going some way towards lowering Strowman's stock by association so he doesn't overshadow Roman at the top of the card.

They’ll just cheer Jinder because “screw you Vince, you’re not my dad you can’t tell me what to do”. I’ve nothing against Jinder personally, but for the last year he has been in a spot that he should never have anywhere near in a million years, and the fact that he hasn’t been relegated to Main Event yet is a worry. Roman being paired with him isn’t going to do anything for him.

Edited by WyattSheepMask