The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Awards Moderator

Braun had one of the best hot tags ever. Sami and KO gave him everything. Their little press conference thing (wasn't paying attention at the start) was excellent too, especially the Jason Jordan gag. 

Miztourage showed their best side, just being given a little bit of time allows them the character stuff they desperately need. 

Reigns and Lesnar is still dull. I ask again, why are they in a cage? 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The Raw results page on WWE.com explained it as the closest match type they had to UFC, which is why Brock chose it. Which just made me disappointed they didn’t bring back the Lion’s Den.

Ohhhhh, Dan Severn as guest Ref? Yes please.

Surely Reigns won’t win though... I thought Brock had signed for another year, or am I mistaken? 

There’s no way he will drop the belt and stick around for 11 months is there?

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Pretty dull stuff really. Positives were Zayn and Owens and Mahal's best bit of promo work ever - which isn't saying much - followed by Gable going over the useless bastard. Miztourage trying the "Too sweet" thing with Balor was amusing too.

If Ziggler and McIntyre are supposed to be a heel team, they fucked that up in week two. In fairness, Ziggles has always had some support from the audience so when you add McIntyre, who was a face in NXT, and then have them cut a promo on the guys in the back - what else would you expect but them to get cheers from most of the pervs?

Reigns has been buried under an avalanche of shit for weeks, if not months. So, of course, now you have him come out deliver one line and piss off.

That spot where Jax came off the apron and everyone fell over was embarrassing. Worse than the usual tope or whatever. Rousey looked great again.

Hard to judge what happens next until Friday. This show feels like it needs a rocket up its arse though.

• Paid Members

They need to get this Lesnar/Reigns feud done with. Mind, they spent two years building this and I couldn't give less of a care about who is champion. Proper bogging if they put it on Reign at the next show and have him continue on as he has.

Speaking of Reigns, he could not have come across as less genuine than that Bruno tribute package at the start of the show. We all know the talking heads part always feature pre-written and stock lines, but Reigns stood out as being particularly phoney. It's part of the issue, though, eh?

I'll see how it goes after the next big show, but this reeked of that horrid post-Mania lull.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

If Ziggler and McIntyre are supposed to be a heel team, they fucked that up in week two. In fairness, Ziggles has always had some support from the audience so when you add McIntyre, who was a face in NXT, and then have them cut a promo on the guys in the back - what else would you expect but them to get cheers from most of the pervs?

Jesus, the booking of supposed heels is fucking infuriating. I’ve seen a couple of HBK and Diesel tweets regarding this pairing, but it’s absolutely nowt like it. HBK was an established twat of a heel after battering Marty and Diesel was brand new with nothing of a background (to the unwise). Ziggler has turned morein 4 years than HBK has in his entire career. In fact has Dolph ever even turned? Has he not just been in this ‘no one has a clue’ category for ages?

I’d prefer them as heels, but if not, just make them out and out faces. None of this heels that appeal bullshit. Sick to shite of it.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Sami Zayn is crazy good in his current role.

My favourite bit on the show, however, was the rent-a-fan the WWE had lined up to cut to during the Heyman promo. I'm probably being cynical, but the fact they were able to cut to a well positioned camera on a group of fans who looked like they were dressed by a WWE marketing campaign raised the first red flag. The second was that the guy who LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ALL YOU FANS was going utterly ballistic for Reigns.

It might not even have been as contrived, staged and downright paid-for as it looked. But it did look like it.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

He's the guy. I'm hoping the past few months of baffling Reigns booking and strong Braun booking is Vince realising as much; he decided to change The Plan leading into the Elimination Chamber.

The thing is though, as soon as they start giving him the WWE 'full attention' rub, he'll be booed to fuck. I don't trust them anymore, they have a track record of eventually realising who the fans really like and then fucking it up by being overbearing. In a way it might be best to leave Reigns as is, so the divvies in the crowd have someone to focus their wankyness on, giving Braun space to keep growing organically. The crowd fucking love to pretend to hate who they aren't meant to, so will always fuck plans up... give them that bone (Reigns.. it's a shame but for the greater good), whilst sneakily enhancing the true start of the show being Braun. Reigns is the ultimate red herring.