The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

My mate slapped Alundra Blayze on the bum back in 1995 after she beat Bull Nakano in Dublin when she was high fiving at ringside - he got glitter on his hand as a result - and I was absolutely fucking mortified when she turned back and looked at him with disgust.

That video made me feel worse than then.

• Paid Members

They did a great job with the Bruno tribute. Classy, fitting send off. 

They're not going to give up on Roman at all, are they? Everything about that segment was just cringe. Looked like he hadn't slept in days, usual monotone delivery of his lines, and on top of that despite showing up not with his bling, but with his fighting gloves on...the biggest babyface in the company WALKS AWAY from the heel like a coward. Also, was it just me or did that small group of fans chanting 'Roman' come across as plants? 

If their biggest concern is that turning him heel will elicit cheers instead of more boos, then that's bonkers. He'd still get boo'ed initially because of all of the hostility that's been built up towards the act. I also think he'd be so, so much better suited to it. There's also no reason that he couldn't expand his persona as a heel and he couldn't further us that expansion to become a top babyface again in the years to come. 

On a different note, I like the idea of Axel/Dallas constantly badgering other superstars every week to be their lackeys ala Rollins/Balor. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The thing is though, as soon as they start giving him the WWE 'full attention' rub, he'll be booed to fuck. I don't trust them anymore, they have a track record of eventually realising who the fans really like and then fucking it up by being overbearing.

Diesel Effect. Oooh, they like the ass kicking big heel? Let's make him smile, and sell.

Roman having to sell as much as he does when he's not wrestling Lesnar or Big Show has been a big part in his failure for me, post Shield split. I'll forever go back to SummerSlam 14 and the way he had to wrestle Randy Orton's match as the big red flag that they were going to miss the boat on him. Not saying he needed to be Goldberg, but as soon as he sat in Ortons patented chinlock that long, he was fucked in my eyes.

• Paid Members

I think all the top/upper card guys sell way too much. There's no real hierarchy anymore. Back in, say, the Attitude Era, you'd have guys like Hardcore Holly, Big Bossman, one of the Dudleyz or what have you who were presented as being double hard bastards, but if they got in the ring with Triple H for example they wouldn't get in much offence and you knew Triple H was winning because as tough as those guys were....Triple H was just on another level. Which made him seem even tougher and better. Now everyone goes 50/50 back and forth with everyone. If Daniel Bryan had a match on Smackdown with someone like TJ Perkins you know it would go 15 minutes, 15 great minutes of action but really it should be over and done in 90 seconds with Bryan hammering the shit out of him. I miss that hierarchy style of booking.

John Cena going 20 minutes with every fucking mid carder around when he had the US title was criminal booking IMO. And it's no surprise that it coincided with his match quality drastically dropping from then onwards.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Isn't that fan trying to hug Bayley disabled, I might be wrong but if so then surely he shouldn't be putting him in the same boat as other wrestling fans.

Why do you think he's disabled?

14 hours ago, Jacko said:

Braun really is monster over isn’t he? Its  the reaction they are seeking for Roman but are never going to get.

13 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The thing is though, as soon as they start giving him the WWE 'full attention' rub, he'll be booed to fuck. I don't trust them anymore, they have a track record of eventually realising who the fans really like and then fucking it up by being overbearing. 

That tag match started and i was a little "awww...they've missed the fucking boat on Braun haven't they!?" And then he made that hot tag and i'm more "This guy! THIS FUCKING GUY!" I've been fearing they might have missed the boat and that, having nailed all his comedy bits, they were going to go overboard with it and do the whole overbearing thing. I'm starting to think he might just be the rarest of rarest and that nothing will truly harm him. He's just absolute money and so bloody likeable, i'm not sure the crowd would turn on him even if he was presented as the number one guy. Which would be truly remarkable considering he's not been in the game long and isn't an indy darling. They've got something special with that big wonderful bastard and it'll be a travesty if it all goes to shit. Honestly, found myself watching a youtube 'Origins of' on Braun the other day and then several others like some vids of him larking about as an early Rosebud. Fucking love him.

There was a thread on here recently that brought up the prospect of Braun and Reigns ending up being career rivals and ever since i've really hoped that turns out to be the case. I enjoyed their matches and feud immensely and i'm desperately hoping that shortly down the line they clash again but with roles revered (well, kind of) with Braun being fully the crowds guy and Reigns actually being heel proper. Braun finally dethroning Lesnar, when Reigns repeatedly couldn't and simultaneously being fully accepted by the crowd might be just the ticket to finally have Reigns have had enough and tell the fans to stick it brother.

Other Raw things - Glad they went for a proper tribute for Bruno. Sami and KO were tremendous, loved how KO took/sold those shoulder tackles. Enjoyed Miztourage in this role and hope they continue to try and find someone to fill the Mizvoid rather than just quietly disappearing.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but there is still the distraction of Reigns. He has the focus & drive of the writers, who have fucked it, been over bearing, the bellends boo due to this and he’s now stuck in limbo.

Like I mentioned, Braun is only getting a fraction of said attention, so it is organic (to a larger extent).

If Reigns fucked off and Braun became their boy, that’s when I’d start to worry a bit. I hope it never happens, and if Reigns needs to be the fodder so that Braun can develop more organically on this trajectory, then I’m ok with that.