The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'd like to see it be Rollins. As much as I'm not keen on that Burn it down thing and the occassional Seth Freakin Rollins mention, he has done a good job of restablishing himself over the last year and he is over like anything at the moment. He'd have great matches with Styles, Naka and Bryan and has good chemistry with Miz. He's also due another run with the big belt I think.

I think it'll be Hardy who moves, hence the quickie title switch but I'd prefer Seth to go.

Could they not just have Miz win his rematch at Backlash, if they didn't want to lose Rollins or Hardy.

I'd have thought Hardy stays on Raw. WWE have always had a soft spot for him and he's in a unique position; he's a good topline babyface but won't challenge Reigns for supremacy. That's a better fit for Raw than an AJ or a Bryan.

I could definitely see Rollins' going over, but it feels like they'd have to turn him immediately. With Styles and Bryan at the top of the heap, I wouldn't fancy being the 3rd babyface on that roster. At least as a heel his promo ability alone would see him trusted more, long term, than Naka.

My worry is that if they do go and get Seth and Finn (Finn seems most likely as he was hardly on Raw), then the main event scene on Smackdown just starts to have the same mush type feeling that the Raw upper mid card has had recently. Everyone presented at the same level, trading wins and losses.

I'd bloody love it if they drafted Braun. He'd be a real statement pick.

14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Could they not just have Miz win his rematch at Backlash, if they didn't want to lose Rollins or Hardy.

I'd have thought Hardy stays on Raw. WWE have always had a soft spot for him and he's in a unique position; he's a good topline babyface but won't challenge Reigns for supremacy. That's a better fit for Raw than an AJ or a Bryan.

I could definitely see Rollins' going over, but it feels like they'd have to turn him immediately. With Styles and Bryan at the top of the heap, I wouldn't fancy being the 3rd babyface on that roster. At least as a heel his promo ability alone would see him trusted more, long term, than Naka.

My worry is that if they do go and get Seth and Finn (Finn seems most likely as he was hardly on Raw), then the main event scene on Smackdown just starts to have the same mush type feeling that the Raw upper mid card has had recently. Everyone presented at the same level, trading wins and losses.

I'd bloody love it if they drafted Braun. He'd be a real statement pick.

I agree Miz winning back the IC is probably the better move. Also got to look at the fact they wouldn't want to separate Matt and Jeff with them presumably being a good support network for each other.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Cole's "Oh my" when Ziggler walked out is the phoniest commentary I've ever heard and I've heard Mike Tenay and Don West reading off a sheet and the dying days of WCW.

Ugh, I hate Cole's "OHHHH MYYYY" soundbyte. It's probably my third least favourite from the WWE announcers, after the stupid "HE/SHE'S HERE!" and when they sing "HE/SHE'S BAAAAACCCKKK".

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ugh, I hate Cole's "OHHHH MYYYY" soundbyte. It's probably my third least favourite from the WWE announcers, after the stupid "HE/SHE'S HERE!" and when they sing "HE/SHE'S BAAAAACCCKKK".

All terrible but every time someone says big dog on commentary a part of faith in humanity dies.

• Paid Members

Reigns looks like he's lost an awful lot of muscle off his shoulders and arms, and on the flip, Drew McIntyre looks fabulous.

I despised McIntyre last time out. Mainly because he had that grim, poxy theme song with the Jane Austen writing or something at the start of it, so if they give him a new one of them that suits his new character, I'm onboard with the chap.

• Paid Members

I was barely half watching this morning. I thought it was Jinder Mahal who helped out Ziggler, immediately thought "Ugh" and tuned out. Just been back to watch the segment again. What a fucking idiot I am. McIntyre looked cracking and it was a good beat down. Him and Ziggler could be something in the tag division. It's done wonders for Sheamus and Cesaro. It could definitely work for these two. That double team finisher was a bit contrived but looked good.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Are they going to be a tag team, you think? I saw it as Drew being pitched into the Big E role of protector..

Not sure to be honest. That sounds more likely but far less interesting.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Reigns looks like he's lost an awful lot of muscle off his shoulders and arms, and on the flip, Drew McIntyre looks fabulous.

I despised McIntyre last time out. Mainly because he had that grim, poxy theme song with the Jane Austen writing or something at the start of it, so if they give him a new one of them that suits his new character, I'm onboard with the chap.

I thought that last week, he looks a lot smaller. Wonder if he's done that to be on the safe side after that steroid whistleblower bullshit thing.

McIntyre's music is MUCH better now, presuming they use his NXT theme. Slow rock bagpipes little number. Think of a Scottish equivalent to Sheamus' theme.

35 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I was barely half watching this morning. I thought it was Jinder Mahal who helped out Ziggler, immediately thought "Ugh" and tuned out.

I thought the same from looking at the image Bleacher used on their write-up this morning. It looked like Jinder hitting the big boot, as his trunks were similar and his hair was flung back in the air so high that I thought it was Jinder's turban. I had to re-read that part a couple of times and stare at the pic for a minute until I realised.

I was expecting Drew to clobber Ziggles at the end, and join the 'promising new arrival lumbered with Dolph for the first 17 years of his tenure' club.

On another note, I used to love Bobby Roode...

I turned off the TV when his music hit. It was 6am and I had to leave for work within the hour, I couldn't run the risk of him putting me back to sleep.

It's amazing how sparse the top of the Raw card is. Unless Shane's had a shocker and traded AJ for Miz, the Smackdown main event is fairly credible; AJ, Bryan + Orton are proper main eventers and The Miz/Nakamura could well become that way too.

• Paid Members

Regarding Dolph, have they ever addressed the way he won the US Title and then fucked off? Did he even challenge for it when he came back? Or reference it in a promo? He looks like the dumbest wrestler in the world walking out as US Champion, only to end up in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal five months later.