The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

It's probably been mentioned in the ManiaĀ thread somewhere but if they were going to do that angle with Braun and the kid whey didn't they just use JJ that got the Warrior Award. He at least would have been more active on the apron for the same payoff.Ā 

Because it was far funnier to see a kid shitting himself instead of one full of confidence.

The Roman Reigns promo was weird. It sounded like he was complaining about being booked to lose at Mania because Brock had signed a new contract, and that he was now having to do the job again in Saudi Arabia, but that eventually if they keep booking him against Brock, he's going to go off script and win the belt. It wasn't that, though, was it? I'm very tired.

16 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Reckon WWE booked the match in Saudi because they anticipate the Saudi audience will be more 'traditional' then the American audiences and Roman will be a massive babyface getting huge cheers and it would look great with an audience going nuts when Roman wins the belt? Or am I over thinking it?

I think thats exactly the reason why.

Theyā€™ve announced Jericho and Angle for the Rumble... They couldnā€™t have theseĀ as surprise entrants?Ā 

If Roman wins, heā€™s facing Joe at Backlash for the title.Ā 

Have they said if the winner of the Rumble is getting a title shot or not and if so when?Ā 

Watching the return of Bobby Lashley, and thinking about all those multi-man matches at Wrestlemania... the WWE roster is just too big now, isn't it? Ā I can see Lashley immediately getting lost in the shuffle of that upper mid card.

You could easily take a bunch of guys not doing much on Smackdown and Raw and made ANOTHER brand -Ā Ā say Facebook wanted a more permanent product to replace the Mixed Match Challenge, you could grab guys like Balor, Wyatt, Jeff Hardy, Apollo... Elias, throw in Randy Orton and a couple of guys from Smackdown and a few NXT up and comers, and have a whole new roster.

This has to be the best roster the WWE have had since the nWo came back in 2002. Ā They have so many ex-champs or guys (like Joe or Elias) who could easily be champs.

Edited by Loki
Too many Wyatts

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Watching the return of Bobby Lashley, and thinking about all those multi-man matches at Wrestlemania... the WWE roster is just too big now, isn't it? Ā I can see Lashley immediately getting lost in the shuffle of that upper mid card.

You could easily take a bunch of guys not doing much on Smackdown and Raw and made ANOTHER brand -Ā Ā say Facebook wanted a more permanent product to replace the Mixed Match Challenge, you could grab guys like Balor, Wyatt, Jeff Hardy, Apollo... Elias, throw in Randy Orton and a couple of guys from Smackdown and a few NXT up and comers, and have a whole new roster.

This has to be the best roster the WWE have had since the nWo came back in 2002. Ā They have so many ex-champs or guys (like Joe or Elias) who could easily be champs.

Absolutely, they have far too much talent, if that's such a thing. So many former world champions and guys they've placed near the top at some point, hence why they do this poxy 50/50 booking all the time.

As for Lashley, nah thanks. Didn't like him first time around and I'd be very surprised if he'll impresses me now. Doing well in TNA isn't a surefire sign of being good. Does he still do Faarooq's finisher?

There were LOADS of surprises this time. Jose will be fine in that R-Truth lighthearted role for live events, Main Event and the odd Raw appearance. I've done a 180 on Ember since the first Shayna match and her Rumble appearance, I think she can do well and the women's division needs new blood. AOP also add much-needed talent to the Raw tag division. Jeff returning with a singles run should be decent. Can't wait to see what Smackdown throws at us tonight, I recall last year's post Mania Smackdown being decent.

The roster size is great, itā€™s the booking style they have of wanting everyone on every show without actually giving them much to do. Someone like Bray Wyatt is a great example, he should only appear occasionally when they have something for him. Instead WWE want to have everyone on every week for no reason. Thatā€™s why NXT always seems fresh, because the same people donā€™t wrestle every single week. Rotate the roster a bit, keep people fresh.

Ciampa and Gargano have been a highlight of NXT because of their limited appearances.Ā 

Aye, RAW and SmackDown went through a good period just after the brand split where sometimes a guy wouldn't be on the show for a couple of weeks and not everyone was used. It was far more enjoyable.

Wrestling is a soap opera, soap operas don't cram all their characters into the show if there's nothing for them.

Good show with the crowd being just the right kind of hyped. No beach balls = win!

Echo the comparison of Adam Rose/No Way Jose...it'll get old fast.

I hated that Braun and theĀ kidĀ gave up the titles - I know they couldn't have gone on the road as champs but I feel for the other tag teams on the roster that were bumped for this one 'moment'

Felt so much for Paige, I've been a big fan of hers but she has so much going for her she'll be fine.

Ronda smashed it again - they're slowly finding the right balance with her.

Surprised by just how huge Lashley's reaction was. In a packed show, you need to stand out and I just don't see how he does that.

Ā 

Edited by DootDootDoot

I'd be astounded if they didn't try to factor in Lashley's MMA background somehow. The dude, while not exactly hitting the heights, holds a respectable 15-2 pro record, with 8 submissions and 4 knock outs.

Without that he's just a generic guy, isn't he? No different to the Lashley who left the company ten years ago.

• Paid Members

So whats the deal with Rousey's contract then? Is she doing the Brock Lesnar thing and popping up ever two or three months, or going to be active week in, week out?

I worry for her if she's going part time as she will need to be in the ring as much as possible with decent workers to ensure she keeps developing. She won't be able to rely on someone like Triple H to lay the match out for her and lead her through forever. She has, however, shown that she has a bit of a knack for the technical side of the art and with enough in ring practice could be great!