The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The Fun side of Braun really started with the Mix Match Challenge.  The stuff with Bliss was handled brilliantly.  It was funny and charming all at the same time.  It's rare to have someone that has been pushed hard as a monster that can be so likeable at the same time and in my book that is WWE gold.  He's able to pull this stuff off and then at the drop of the hat step in the ring and look an absolute beast.  

Kurt Angle at his very best could go from complete goof ball to wrestling machine in the blink of an eye. Super serious Angle had good matches and that but was inferior to his WWE incarnation.

Braun is a monster but look at WWE monsters. Big Show cries, Kane is soft as shit and Menry shagged grannies. Braun has a charisma that none of them carried to the same extent and it'd be detrimental to his full potential if they kept that side hidden.

• Paid Members

It's just such lame WWE-style "humour". He's much funnier in the mixed match stuff with Alexa. In the same way that most of the roster seem cool when they're being themselves and morph into wooden charicatures on TV.

I appreciate that he needs a personality but goofy? No. It won't stop him having a Mick Foley/Kurt Angle type occasional main event run but it'd be a shame for a guy who looked like the man a couple of months ago. Compared to the guy who went into that match with Brock Lesnar, he's so lame.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

The irony of Nia Jax getting a, “You Deserve It!” chant less than 24 hours after she nearly killed Alexa by being a clumsy, shit wrestler who can’t even do a Gorilla Press Slam safely.

I didn't think she looked clumsy, I think there was one thing in that match that seemed off and it looked more like Bliss botched it to me.

It was a good Raw even though I didn't know any of the debutants aside from Lashley. No idea why they'd bring him back, he was crap first time round, I'm assuming he's another one who's done well in Japan in the last few years or something. That No Way Jose gimmick will run its course as quickly as Adam Rose's did and there was no way to tell if he's better in the ring.

Samoa Joe's promo was a belter but it made Reigns look a right mug and I honestly have no idea what they're doing with him. Why would you make your top guy look a complete idiot because they're never going to turn him, he's too far gone.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, El Dingo Capitano said:

The Fun side of Braun really started with the Mix Match Challenge.  The stuff with Bliss was handled brilliantly.  It was funny and charming all at the same time.  It's rare to have someone that has been pushed hard as a monster that can be so likeable at the same time and in my book that is WWE gold.  He's able to pull this stuff off and then at the drop of the hat step in the ring and look an absolute beast.  

I,and probably several others thought Alexa was going to be his partner at Mania.

• Paid Members

It's probably been mentioned in the Mania thread somewhere but if they were going to do that angle with Braun and the kid whey didn't they just use JJ that got the Warrior Award. He at least would have been more active on the apron for the same payoff. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

The irony of Nia Jax getting a, “You Deserve It!” chant less than 24 hours after she nearly killed Alexa by being a clumsy, shit wrestler who can’t even do a Gorilla Press Slam safely.

I don't get how she "deserves" it at all. She's not good enough/ready from a match quality point of view, over enough from a character point of view, or consistent enough in wins/losses from a kayfabe point of view. The storyline with Alexa would have been rewarding if they hadn't distracted me with the carrot of Alexa getting decapitated by Asuka instead, but as it is, I just feel strongly with the talent they've had treading water on two shows, far more should have been done with Nia for her to be champion of the flagship, much less taking it at a Mania on which some of her peers only made the pre-show.

She got a title shot at that belt after losing to Asuka then the latter deciding she didn't want it. The story made sense but it's been so hastily thrown together since Fastlane, I'm really not ready to cheer the monster yet. It really feels more like a social commentary than a wrestling booking decision, if that doesn't make me sound too much like a Divas In Hedonism spaffcannon. Just like the stigma they've done away with about the men being "too small", its completely true that the women can be at the top without being the hottest, if they're good enough. But Nia has in no way convinced me she's good enough.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That No Way Jose gimmick will run its course as quickly as Adam Rose's did and there was no way to tell if he's better in the ring.

He’s not. He’s very very mediocre in-ring. They briefly toyed with the idea of a “he likes to party but in the ring he’s all business!” character development for him and he produced some really fiery babyface promos for a time, but mostly it’s just the same shtick. 

That said, as an opening match performer for live events he is outstanding. I haven’t really been a fan of his entire NXT run on TV but every time I’ve seen him live he has killed it. I think he’s a hell of a lot more likeable than Adam Rose and does a way better job of connecting with the audience. 

Lower mid card is his level but I could see him carving out a niche there. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I didn't think she looked clumsy, I think there was one thing in that match that seemed off and it looked more like Bliss botched it to me.

I don’t know how you can think Alexa was to blame for that Gorilla Press Slam. Jax was throwing her. It was all on Nia to throw her safely, to allow her to bump correctly. Watching that move, you’d honestly think Nia had never seen nor attempted the move before. It was completely careless, half dumping her, half spinning her. Nia constantly looks dangerous in there. There was a Raw match with Asuka a few weeks back where it genuiny looked like Nia was going to injure her. She’s really bad.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

There was a Raw match with Asuka a few weeks back where it genuiny looked like Nia was going to injure her.

Then she's doing her job.