The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

So whats the deal with Rousey's contract then? Is she doing the Brock Lesnar thing and popping up ever two or three months, or going to be active week in, week out?

I worry for her if she's going part time as she will need to be in the ring as much as possible with decent workers to ensure she keeps developing. She won't be able to rely on someone like Triple H to lay the match out for her and lead her through forever. She has, however, shown that she has a bit of a knack for the technical side of the art and with enough in ring practice could be great!

I think she's full-time with perhaps just one outstanding filming commitment that's almost wrapped (if it hasn't already). She's at least been training at the PC full-time and by all accounts she seems to want to do the full boat in terms of the schedule. 

Personally I wouldn't use her in the ring every week on TV - at least initially. Think there's still plenty of stardust there that they can keep making her initial matches quite marquee/must-see. If she's definitely doing the full schedule then I think they wheel her out for gradually more and more non-tv live event matches as the year progresses so she continues to to grow in that regard, before she's gradually rolled out for more TV matches and then before you know it we'll be getting the big build with Charlotte, possibly as soon as eight months time. 

19 hours ago, DootDootDoot said:

I hated that Braun and the kid gave up the titles - I know they couldn't have gone on the road as champs but I feel for the other tag teams on the roster that were bumped for this one 'moment'

Nobody got bumped for it. The only other tag teams on the roster are the likes of Gallows & Anderson, The Revival, The Miztourage, Heath Slater & Rhyno and Titus Worldwide. Those kind of C-show shitehawks weren't getting a spot on the main card of WrestleMania before Braun Strowman and Nicholas came along. Cesaro and Sheamus would've either been in the Andre battle royal or done some kind of angle with Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt - or both of those things at the same time.

18 minutes ago, DootDootDoot said:

What I meant was that I would have built one of those teams well enough for them to have meant something by the time it came around.

It wouldn’t have mattered Nicholas was a bigger star then all of them combined after 2 nights on TV 

A resurgent Bryan's got to be going to Raw, right? I mean the blooms been off the 'both brands are sort of equal!' rose for at least a year now, in similar trajectory to the first brand split where anything of note was sure to wind up on Raw by the end of 2003. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I can’t remember how the Superstar Shakeup works. Will Smackdown’s roster be on Raw tonight? Are they prepared for Daniel Bryan to be the most over man on the show?  

From what I remember of last years, it’s only those who are switching shows will be there. I think the majority of them just came out for a match or interview segment etc which is how the reveals were done so if it’s the same we will find out RAW’s picks tonight and SD tomorrow as storyline wise, it is the GM’s who have already decided who they are swapping.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That was a better way to do it than fucking about with tumblers or whatever. Only problem was Smackdown got fucked in the arse by it. Expect the same again.

I think the idea was good, the execution was terrible. Ambrose just bowled out and you wasn't even sure if he'd moved over or not. They made virtually no fuss over anyone switching brands on Raw, there was no bravado.

I don't think you can have the GMs pick who they want either, as they'd end up looking like mugs because they won't even pick the top guys. They need FIFA or UEFA, a shitload of bowls full of balls, some ex wrestlers standing their awkwardly holding out pieces of paper with names on them and a pointless opening ceremony. THAT'S how you do this sort of thing.

Worst Superstar Shake-Up/draft ever?

Smackdown suddenly looks like the best show in the world. 

Kurt Angle is terrible at negotiating. Mahal, Corbin, Ziggler, Roode? What a horrific draft class. And trading The Miz away? Useless.

Still, Sami Zayn is brilliant.

Roman’s double fucked, and he’s not nearly as playful enough, or have a light enough touch, to get away with ‘lazy fat ass’ as an insult. The Rock might get away with that still, but for most people in 2018 you’re just going to sound like a cunt.