The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, FourtyTwo said:

Seems bizarre even typing it, but TNA did a better job with him than WWE have done.Ā  Twice.

WWE employ 20 people better than him. They did in 2007. Why they even bother is the most bizarre bit.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Jacko said:

I actually think they have another one in the wings in Rollins

Ā 

I agree. In spite of some of the stumbles he's had, he seems to be over like crazy everywhere. Fuck he's even managed to get that shitty "Burn it Down" thing over, as well managing to be super popular even with those terrible flame tights. The return of the curb stomp I think helped a lot, as the pedigree and that rainmaker-knee thing never really got too much traction, I don't think. But he has a really good, flashy babyface style and they could definitely do something with him as a top-line guy, maybe build him for a Rumble win?

• Paid Members

I've not seen a lot of Lashley, due to not watching WWE when he was getting his big push and because TNA, but for such a physical specimen he lacks any sort of presence. I thought it was quite apparent in the GRR.

If he did stand out in TNA,Ā then that's probably a more damning criticism of the star power TNA had when he was their champion. Even in Bellator, he wasĀ not exactly one people were bothered about paying to see.

13 hours ago, Supremo said:

Plus, whilst I didn't have time to watch it tonight, that Drive Along with him and Alexa Bliss flirting looks like gold and that episode will almost certainly be the first I find the time to watch that show. They need to make that a storyline on the main show because they've got fantastic chemistry. Imagine Braun's ridiculous tux whenever they eventually did the wedding angle. It'd be so great.

It is worth a watch. It isn't great or anything, but you can see thatĀ Braun and Alexa are having a lot of fun during it. It leaves you wanting (much) more as Ride Along only seems to run for 20-minutes, and I would happily watch more of them together.

• Paid Members

I saw some of Raw. For the handful of shows I've seen between Mania and now, it's become a chore for one reason : Michael Cole. Between the aforementioned "drop zone," the constant "for the win/title" and the way he repeats the same tired phrases every time a talent comes out, practically in the same tone.... "Here comes the big dog" and "its Boss time" being the worst. It's so unnatural, it's unbearable. He doesn't sound like a real person engaged with what he's watching. They could be putting on three hours of well written wrestling tv with great matches every week and I still wouldn't be able to watch it with that dull little catchphrase box at the desk.

Seth being over like fuck and Alexa being a tremendous bitch, good.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

When did they start doing the overly produced commentary? its one of the main things ruining the show for me. I understand the need to get things over but the whole things looks and sounds like a live action video game nowadays. Even the promos sound like they've been lifted from then script of the game.

During the Greatest Royal Rumble after the Titus botch it felt like they all dropped their guards and loosened up because they couldnt help but react naturally, for a short while you could tell it was all off the cuff and it made it a lot of fun to watch. Ā 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Ā but the whole things looks and sounds like a live action video guy nowadays.

You mentioning that has made me realise that the announcers are starting to sound like YouTubers. It won't be long before Michael Cole opens the show by screeching "HEY GUYS WHAT'S HAPPENING" and ends the show with a "like and subscribe!"

• Paid Members

Reigns vs. Jinder is coming. Is this the acid test? When Reigns gets boooed against the most talentless heel on the roster, will they finally accept the inevitable?

Even Seth Rollins can't make anything of Mojo Rawley.

Hated the MITB qualifying matches. Do every year in fairness. Still, it kills a couple of hours of TV. I much preferred Mahal going out to try and impress Angle. Gave the match better motivation and the commentators a focus that didn't involve all the usual MITB cliches. Shame for Gable though.

Really like the Ziggler/McIntyre team. I hope they bring them together with new gear and music but I think we're going to get the horrible mashup for yonks ala Sheamus and Cesaro.

Catchphrase Strowman does nothing for me. Not sure MITB is the way to go with him either. He should just call out Lesnar every week. The crowd would buy him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Hated the MITB qualifying matches. Do every year in fairness. Still, it kills a couple of hours of TV. I much preferred Mahal going out to try and impress Angle. Gave the match better motivation and the commentators a focus that didn't involve all the usual MITB cliches. Shame for Gable though.

Ā 

I wonder if they are going to quietly forget that Jason Jordan is Angle's kayfabe son, and put American Alpha back together. Would probably be the best move for both guys, at least for a little while.Ā 

Edited by mim731
spelling (not witchcraft)

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I wonder if they are going to quietly forget that Jason Jordan is Angle's kayfabe son, and put American Alpha back together. Would probably be the best move for both guys, at least for a little while.Ā 

Pretty sure Gable asked Angle about him last week.

• Paid Members
Just now, tiger_rick said:

Pretty sure Gable asked Angle about him last week.

Oh really? Not sure how I missed that. Ok, well presumably they have a direction in mind for him when he comes back then.Ā 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Reigns vs. Jinder is coming. Is this the acid test? When Reigns gets boooed against the most talentless heel on the roster, will they finally accept the inevitable?

Even Seth Rollins can't make anything of Mojo Rawley.

Ā 

This is the first Tuesday morning in years where I haven't started my daily routine by checking the Raw results during my morning poo, nor have I watched a single minute of Backlash and don't have an intention in doing so.

Reading the first two lines of the above post confirm that I don't want to watch WWE anymore and that it's time to cancel the Network. I have absolutely no interest in anything. They have a roster chock full of talented guys but I couldn't give the slightest shit. Can't even be arsed with NXT. I know this happens at the same time every year, but around now they usually throw announce something like the Cruiserweight Classic or MYC to keep me in, or even a big match like Joe VS Brock. That won't even work now. Not even the Royal Albert Hall show is enough to retain my interest. I think I'll bow out until January.

Apparently the crowd were entertaining themselves with a beach ball during Jinder's match and there was a marriageĀ proposal during the womens match.
According to those that were there the crowd was largely entertaining themselves during most of the long matches.

Not a great sign of the current productĀ but as long as they keep buying tickets you have to wonder if Vince/WWE care.

Ā 

Ā