DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Have you seen any of Powell and Pressburger's other films?

I have seen The Red Shoes, which I thought was incredibly impressive, although it didn't connect with me on an emotional level like Life And Death did. Black Narcissus is the next one I want to seek out.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Like Keith says, The Red Shoes is at least one of the greatest British films of all time, if not the greatest. Absolutely breathtaking.

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp is not far behind, and I Know Where I'm Going and A Canterbury Tale are also wonderful in their own ways. The Small Back Room is great too, absolutely years ahead of its time dealing with PTSD.

Their films transcend genre, which is why they're still fresh and original to this day. Separately, and as producers, they also oversaw plenty of other great films.

• Paid Members

Nothing so much to do with the content, more the fact that a mate of mine who couldn’t be further from one of ‘us’ shared this earlier today...

edit - how the fuck this ended up here I do not know!

5A3D0A44-1CBA-4CEA-B9B7-C02465AE6452.jpeg

Edited by John Matrix

91g0W5ClecL._SX342_.jpg

Enjoyable A-Team like action movie. It was good seeing Idris Elba in this and I did like Chris Evans' character and thought overall the team dynamic worked well. I didn't realise it was based off a comic but can see that now. It's stylish and has that humour and action that fits.

• Paid Members

Rambo: Last Blood is one of the worst films I've ever seen and Stallone can fuck off now, I think he's well and truly done. Just absolutely laughable bollocks.

The Kitchen is pretty good though even if it would have worked better as a comedy. Elisabeth Moss might be the best character actress around right now.

Watched John Travolta’s latest flop The Fanatic earlier.

He pretends he’s Tommy Wiseau for 80 minutes, it’s terrible.  Avoid.

Also watched Between Two Ferns: The Movie, it’s short but not too bad, if you like Galifinakis you’ll like this.

• Awards Moderator

Watched that Yesterday, yesterday.

Fucking hell. It’s not that I’m a Beatles snob and don’t like anyone touching their music - far from it as I’ve enjoyed other films based on their stuff - but this was unbearable.

Ed Sheeran and James Corden should have been the three minute warning I needed, but no. I still watched it. Tolerated it. Endured it.

I should have known better.

Shite.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Watched that Yesterday, yesterday.

Fucking hell. It’s not that I’m a Beatles snob and don’t like anyone touching their music - far from it as I’ve enjoyed other films based on their stuff - but this was unbearable.

Ed Sheeran and James Corden should have been the three minute warning I needed, but no. I still watched it. Tolerated it. Endured it.

I should have known better.

Shite.

Across the Universe is still my preferred Beatles movie then this Richard Curtis shite

• Paid Members

It 2 is dreadful. I wasn't a fan of the other one, but at least the first didn't drag on like 2. In 2 it's a lot of scenes where supposedly scary stuff happens followed by another set piece where scary stuff happens. Almost all of it blending together, creating a mess and turning annoying.