DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I dunno if this is the right place for it but I know 3D is a load of bollocks but what's the consensus on IMAX? I've never seen a movie in IMAX before and was thinking of going to see Ad Astra at the one near me - is it worth the price?

For me, if a film has been filmed using IMAX camera's I would definitely pay the up charge. Sometimes film's are "formatted for IMAX" and those I wouldn't rush to, unless it was a film I was really looking forward to.. But, Bigger screen, better sound, better projection. It's a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Back in the day, I went for a couple of interviews at CineWorld and almost got the job if it weren't for the big speech I made on how terrible 3D films were during the final group interview;

"Let's ignore narrative and character development because THIS DUDE'S FIST IS TWO INCHES FROM YOUR FACE!!! WHOA!! AND THERE'S PIECES OF GLASS FLYING ALL AROUND YOU!!! WHOAAAA!".

I still stand by it.

I got a job at an Odeon by pretending Casablanca was my favourite film, you gotta know your audience. 12 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday was my reward.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I got a job at an Odeon by pretending Casablanca was my favourite film, you gotta know your audience. 12 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday was my reward.

Ha, a lad in one of my group interviews said his favourite film was King Kong....not the original, but the 2005 one with Jack Black. I was just too much of an artsy cunt back then to play the game.

8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

A Few Dollars More is my favourite of those three. Indio's probably more terrifying than Ramon or Angel Eyes, and I just like how the story flows. Lee Van Cleef as a good guy is even better than he is as a villain, and he's bloody awesome as a villain. Also, with the exception of Ecstasy of Gold in TGTBATU, I prefer the soundtrack overall. Plus

Reveal hidden contents

the finishing sequence with the music box stand-off is a classic piece of cinema, just as deserving of recognition as the cemetery scene in 

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.[.spoiler]

Been a long time since I watched any Sergio Leone, but personally I think Once Upon A Time in America puts all of those 3 in the shade.

Everyone talks about the opening scene at the train station but this one is the one I remember, the Jimmy Stewart reveal:

Best thing about this is apparently the played the score out loud whilst filming the scene, so when the heavies are all moving out from behind cover they all do so in time to the music because they could hear it!

The new Pet Semetery.

Was alright but I never fully watched the original so can't compare. Really liked the atmosphere but some cheap jump scares and an abrupt ending dragged it down a bit imo, also some obvious padding.

I smirked at the little It easter egg.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

It's similar to the original in that it also tries to stick closely to what is one of King's weaker books. And as such, it ends up only being slightly less rubbish than the first one.

• Paid Members

Fully behind Sean Jr on this. Absolutely wonderful movie.
I love an oul 'Hard Sci-Fi (tm)' flick that makes me wish I was born a few hunder year in the future and this was another one of those rarities.
I still stand behind Interstellar as one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever made, despite most cunts wiping their arse on it's forehead, but this pushed it close with regards the sense of wonder, excitement, sadness and dread I felt throughout.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I still stand behind Interstellar as one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever made, despite most cunts wiping their arse on it's forehead

I did no such thing to this boring movie, sir!