DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Had an awful week and this is what I’ve laid in bed and watched:

Mr Right Fell asleep for about an hour and I don’t think I missed anything significant to be honest.

Vice I absolutely loved this. I could’ve easily watched another 30/40 minutes of it. Carrell was superb 

My Brother The Devil Again, loved it. Got me my Top Boy-ish fix after I’d finished that.

8 Mile Haven’t seen it for years and it’s still a decent watch. Surprised Eminem hasn’t acted more. Yes he’s playing himself but you can see he has talent.

Dazed And Confused A depression go-to. Still amazing. Alright alright alright.

Terminator: Genisys I’ll be honest, I’m about 20 minutes into this and I can tell it’s going to be shit. Hopefully Emilia Clarke has a nude scene. 

• Paid Members

London Rampage, written and directed by Greg Burridge is now on Amazon Prime. Staring Jimmy Havoc and Will Osprey. It’s fucking hysterical. Fair play if you can last the whole way through it

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Watched Creed 2 earlier tonight. Bit of Rocky 3, bit of Rocky 4 and a pinch of Rocky 2. It's an emotional ride.

Just lost my shit when Kurrgan turned up to fight Robert Downey Jr in Sherlock Holmes.

• Paid Members

Finished watching Sherlock Holmes, also watched A Game Of Shadows this morning. Both entertaining, I like how in the second they play with some of the established mechanics of the first movie. Stephen Fry was great as Mycroft.

I also discovered this, which I'm yet to watch: Roger Moore as Holmes, Patrick McNee as Watson, John Huston as Moriarty and Charlotte Rampling as Irene Adler. It's worth it for that thumbnail.

Watched Three From Hell this morning as I enjoyed The Devils Rejects.

Its definitely the worst of the trilogy, I’m aware Sid Haig passed away a few weeks back but didn’t know he had to pull out from filming due to illness, so having him being a main vocal point of the trailer was a bit of a cop out. 

Well The Day Shall Come was not worth the 9 year wait for Chris Morris to make something new after (the far superior) Four Lions. It is not a bad film as such and Marchánt Davis has a stand-out performance in the lead role, but it is disappointing. You can see the satirical comedy Morris was trying to make about FBI sting operations, but he was unable to take that subject and make a particularly good or interesting (or funny) film out of it. It's good to see Chris Morris back making films though and hopefully we will not have to wait another 9 years for him to make something else (be it another film or TV series).

• Paid Members
On 10/5/2019 at 10:21 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

London Rampage, written and directed by Greg Burridge is now on Amazon Prime. Staring Jimmy Havoc and Will Osprey. It’s fucking hysterical. Fair play if you can last the whole way through it

I enjoyed playing "spot the familiar face" with pretty much the entire cast, and I'm happy Greg managed to do it, but it's a slog. Decent fight choreography, though - there's a film on Netflix he did that for too.