DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The rather wonderful South Korean true-crime film 'Memories of Murder' is being talked about a lot right now - it was based on an unsolved series of murders, and it's just been solved. Quite a big deal, as it's a major case there. And the film is fucking fantastic and you should watch it. Especially if you liked Zodiac.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

The rather wonderful South Korean true-crime film 'Memories of Murder' is being talked about a lot right now - it was based on an unsolved series of murders, and it's just been solved. Quite a big deal, as it's a major case there. And the film is fucking fantastic and you should watch it. Especially if you liked Zodiac.

This is something else.

10 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Saw A Matter Of Life And Death for the first time today. I fell completely in love with it, I think it’s an absolute masterpiece and I’d probably put it in my all time top 10 films. Sublime.

(it’s on iPlayer for the next couple of weeks)

Mis-read this as A Matter Of Loaf and Death. I mean, it's good but not a masterpiece, that plaudit is reserved for The Wrong Trousers.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Saw A Matter Of Life And Death for the first time today. I fell completely in love with it, I think it’s an absolute masterpiece and I’d probably put it in my all time top 10 films. Sublime.

(it’s on iPlayer for the next couple of weeks)

Have you seen any of Powell and Pressburger's other films?