• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I can't see who challenges next though, unless they are going to somehow bring Sami back and he ends up getting his shot, or one of the WWE releases gets the shot, but they wouldn't really be able to announce it yet. Ah well, just got to keep watching I guess. 

I would imagine they wouldn't have announced Sami getting the shot at Slammiversary before this angle if it wasn't going to end up with him still getting the match. Presumably they find a way to bring him back (maybe he forces their hand somehow, I guess they have that option given his character's chaotic nature). Sami isn't really my cup of tea, but I think a proper title feud with Omega could actually be pretty interesting. 

• Paid Members

They made it clear that Scott D'Amore wasn't happy with Callis firing Sami, so I'm sure he'll be "brought back" in record time. 

Either Sami beats Omega at Slammiversary and then is immediately challenged by a new signing from the latest run of available WWE cast-offs, or Omega beats Sami there and goes on to lose the title to someone else in a rematch - I'm still expecting him to loose it to Moose later down the line, but on Impact home turf, with Moose having lost it on AEW's grounds. 

• Paid Members

Saw on Dave Meltzer's Twitter that Don West has been diagnosed with brain lymphoma.

Hope he can continue to be as healthy as he can be and has support around him. From my limited knowledge I'm sure it's a pretty aggressive cancer that's difficult to fully treat. 

Him and Mike Tenay honestly were very much more my announce team growing up, I started really getting into wrestling around the time TNA started up and used to love just how excited he'd get by everything.

• Paid Members

That is a shame. Tenay & West were entertaining when they were calling TNA back in the day. West genuinely sounded like he was blown away by everything he saw.

• IANdrewDiceClay changed the title to Impact wrestling thread - It's a Don West tribute thread now!

Tenay and West will always be Team TNA.

They got a lot of flack in their day, but I think people nostalgically view them now as one of those parts of the brand that should always have stayed intact. They weren't always the best, but they undoubtedly had that JR/King quality of genuinely making you feel like they were welcoming you into the show and they were just bloody glad to have you there. That felt great as a scrawny smart mark kid when you were staying in during the summer, losing friends because you were watching too much wrestling. 

Long live Don!

• Paid Members

Aw. I love Don West. 

I remember once, when I hated TNA, I saw a video of Don selling grab bags of DVDs and thinking "Fuck. That seems like a great deal!" even though I probably wouldn't have watched them. He was just that good of a salesman. I don't know how true it is but Bischoff said recently that there was a point that TNA were doing better on merchandise at house shows than WWE solely because of Don West's ability to generate sales.

I enjoyed his commentary too. He was enthusiastic without being overbearing and he was a refreshing change from the typical smart arse heel colour commentator.

• Paid Members

That's a massive shame. Add me to the Don West love. Never seen anyone improve so much before our eyes as West did in NWA:TNA. Tenay carried him for months, he then carried the duo for years. The fact anyone is talking fondly about Tenay and West as a duo is down to Don's infectious personality and excitement.

5 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Saw on Dave Meltzer's Twitter that Don West has been diagnosed with brain lymphoma.

Hope he can continue to be as healthy as he can be and has support around him. From my limited knowledge I'm sure it's a pretty aggressive cancer that's difficult to fully treat. 

Him and Mike Tenay honestly were very much more my announce team growing up, I started really getting into wrestling around the time TNA started up and used to love just how excited he'd get by everything.

Oh FFS. Like everyone else, big love for Don West. An employee you'd need a ridiculous reason to fire. Such a brilliant bloke and a boon to any company. Hope he fights this, I loved him and Tenay in their 2006 high-five years. THE TNA/Impact wrestling team.