Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

What I liked about Don West is that TNA didn't totally hide the fact that he was learning on the job. It added to his character in a way, that he enjoyed what he was seeing so much and was keen to learn more about it. He added a lot to that few years I watched TNA for, always enjoyable to listen to. Hope he pulls through.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Hes even amazing selling baseball cards. 

FACTORY SET! 

 

 

 

So famous that Will Ferrell would play him on Saturday Night Live 

 

  • Moderators
Posted
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So famous that Will Ferrell would play him on Saturday Night Live 

 

My favourite thing about Don West is how much of a total pro he is. In the video I posted he nearly knocks the boxes off, corrects himself, then goes into a perfect FACTORY SET. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

One of my favourite things West ever did was the "sports agent" manager role they had him playing for Amazing Red. I'm guessing he simply took his usual sales approach, because I was never interested in Red before then. What was really good was that he was a face manager, a rare thing to see, and he did it well.

Another one here hoping he pulls through.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Maclin destroying that jobber was quite uncomfortable to watch with how stiff those elbows looked, then he hit the shittest finisher and took me right back out of it. Didn't have high hopes, but he could have some potential that lad, looks like someone in a bar that you wouldn't want to fuck with.

Edited by Nick James
Posted

Awful news to hear about don West, always loved how excited he got about everything and I think that him and Tenay were perfect together, I love this reaction to the Kurt angle reveal. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

A lot of stuff got put in place for Slammiversary this week. It was an interesting show. I don't know how Josh Alexander will fare in an Ultimate X match, but at least it's not King Of The Mountain. I'm a bit disappointed Kojima is teaming with Eddie Edwards, and they're not bring Tenzan in, but I'm sure it'll still be a fine match.

Posted

The Impact Youtube channel have put up the 1st Anniversary show for free, the one that had Sting's return to the ring on US soil for the first time since the final Nitro. It also has up the first weekly PPV but not sure if it's a new upload or been there a while

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah the 1st weeks has been there for. While. They had the first 12 weeks up for a while, but they were all fucking shit. To call it schizophrenic would be an under statement. 

Posted

Is it because of the reputation that Dreamer can cut a promo? 

Posted

I enjoyed this past weeks edition of impact, wasnt expecting sabin to be the one to interrupt moose, i thought that it was another fine display by Josh alexander again, i really enjoy his work.

What did everyone think of Maclins debut? 

agree above though that dreamer should not have been the one to come out as the "representative of anthem" but i did enjoy callous' reaction to be being fired

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Also, I'd love a angle without Tomny Dreamer poking his beak in. 

I like Dreamer more than most, but after D'Amore said that they'd have an Anthem representative on the show "for the first time ever", I expected something more than the guy who's on the show every week.

The angle was clunky too, there was just no believability to the idea that it was D'Amore getting fired and that it was a surprise to Callis. Anyone watching would have known Tommy was talking about Don, and Scott just isn't a convincing enough actor to pull off his part. Don was great, though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Maclin's debut was a squash. I'm sure he'll get some kind of push. Is he supposed to be a heel or some kind of beer swilling rough house brawler antihero? I'm sure it'll go nowhere. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Maclin's debut was a squash. I'm sure he'll get some kind of push. Is he supposed to be a heel or some kind of beer swilling rough house brawler antihero? I'm sure it'll go nowhere. 

I read an interview with him last week where he said he wants his character to be Captain America meets The Punisher, whatever that means. Decent squash, ended with a crap finisher, sure he will do ok, but not sure whether he will just be 'generic angry guy #54' or not. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...