I think there's little to no chance that Joe will turn up. If you look at the level of the wrestlers brought in during the last round of releases, I think that gives a good indication of the kind of budget Impact operates on. Simply put, I doubt they can afford Joe. I think Andrade is actually a really good shout. AEW hasn't brought him in yet, for whatever reason, and he's incredibly talented. Zelina Vega used to wrestle for Impact, so perhaps they could reunite this pairing? Sullivan is also a solid prediction. He has skeletons in his closet, but that's not put Impact off in the past. Plus it would pretty much guarantee that he's not going anywhere any time soon. I'd have to imagine they'll be interested in Kallisto. He offers something different to what they already have, and once again I can't imagine they'll have much competition when it comes to signing him, outside of perhaps ROH, but they don't really need him either. I think The Iiconics would be a better fit in Impact than they would AEW, not least because Impact has tag titles for their women wrestlers. But I could easily see AEW bringing in Royce thanks to the Spears connection.

• Paid Members

I think for the most part, I see the women turning up there more than the men.

I could definitely see the IIconics in Impact, maybe put into a trio with Tenille? And Chelsea going back does seem highly likely.

I'd not be surprised to see Mickie turn up for a one-off/short run either as she was a big part of the Knockouts division when TNA was at its most prominent - but the NWA may also be in her future for obvious reasons.

I don't see Joe going back there full time necessarily, but I'd not be shocked if he freelances around for a while - match or two in Impact, match or two in RoH, match or two in Japan etc - before settling in AEW.

Andrade similar actually - could see him making returns to Mexican & Japanese promotions before AEW becomes home.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Omega's apparently booked for the next Impact + special on May 15, Under Siege, which I think is being taped today or tomorrow. Clearly he's not dropping it.

Maybe they've titled it that to bring Ryback in

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I think there's little to no chance that Joe will turn up. If you look at the level of the wrestlers brought in during the last round of releases, I think that gives a good indication of the kind of budget Impact operates on. Simply put, I doubt they can afford Joe.

I wouldn’t agree with that personally.

Joe will always be linked with AEW as its fanbase seems to clamour for every single wrestler under the sun which has any upside to them. But AEW can hardly placate the roster it already has, especially its upper card. It'd be almost be a case of just signing him for that initial pop.

Chris Jericho has been quite open about being offered big money by Impact and would probably have signed had AEW not popped up that very moment. The Good Brothers will almost certainly be on very decent money.

They will open the purse strings under the right circumstances. This isn’t 2017 “not a pot to piss in” and late wages TNA.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I think Scott D'Amore will want to bring in Joe just to demonstrate what he's capable of with the right handling. He was on the brink last time around until Hogan, Bischoff and Russo turned up and drew that dick on his face. He could be their Lesnar in that he'd only need to wrestle a few times a year and can just kill some guys. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He could be their Lesnar in that he'd only need to wrestle a few times a year and can just kill some guys. 

Companies the size of TNA can’t have assets like Joe only wrestle a few times a year by choice.

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

I wouldn’t agree with that personally.

Joe will always be linked with AEW as its fanbase seems to clamour for every single wrestler under the sun which has any upside to them. But AEW can hardly placate the roster it already has, especially its upper card. It'd be almost be a case of just signing him for that initial pop.

Chris Jericho has been quite open about being offered big money by Impact and would probably have signed had AEW not popped up that very moment. The Good Brothers will almost certainly be on very decent money.

They will open the purse strings under the right circumstances. This isn’t 2017 “not a pot to piss in” and late wages TNA.

That's a very optimistic viewpoint. 

If Joe is able to wrestle, I'd be shocked if AEW didn't sign him. Their roster is bloated, but he'd still add real value to it. Joe vs. Moxley, Joe vs. Jungle Boy, Joe vs. Miro, Joe vs. Page and Joe vs. Omega...I'd be buzzing for any of these pairings, and that's only scratching the surface of what he could do. 

You talk about Impact "not having a pot to piss in" in 2017, but even then they had Del Rio and Lashley (and possibly Drew Galloway?) - whatever the case, their list of World Champions since then is seriously underwhelming. Even now, their featured wrestlers are almost all people who would struggle to find a home elsewhere - outside of The Good Brothers (whose signing options would have been seriously dimished due to the pandemic), they've not really brought in anyone of note for a long time. 

I'm not trying to trash Impact - it's a fun watch, and it's Women's division is often light years ahead of what its rivals offer - I just can't imagine a circumstance where Joe ends up with Impact. The best they can hope for, in my opinion, is Andrade - which isn't a bad signing by any means.   

It's 2021. Impact isn't the WWE alternative. AEW is. Impact is chugging along and doing its own thing but it's not like the days where Sting etc all went there because it was the main alternative they had.

Impact these days is better suited to a mid-card act that got let go and feels like they have something to prove. So they can go there, get some TV time and development, and hopefully things get better for them.

I feel like Joe is beyond that and it'd be a step backwards for him. And I don't think Andrade really needs that development or anything. You could easily throw him out there on AEW with the best and have fantastic matches.

It's not just about having an upside. It's about where they are and what they can do with them. If I was looking for somewhere to get a chance that I felt like I had missed before then I'd be looking at Impact. If I had many years of successes under my belt and I was still at the top of my game then I'd be looking at AEW as a better fit for showcasing my talents at that level.

3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

And I don't think Andrade really needs that development or anything. You could easily throw him out there on AEW with the best and have fantastic matches.

I fully expected AEW to sign Andrade, but the fact they haven't is telling for me. I suppose you could argue that they don't really need him, and that's why I don't think Andrade to Impact is completely out of the question. AEW isn't short on great wrestlers, which is what Andrade has to offer. He's not a strong promo due to the language barrier, and while they could mitigate that by alligning him with a manager, I could see why Tony Khan might view him as more of what they already have - a great, smaller in ring wrestler. Joe, on the other hand, offers something quite unique. 

If I were Tony Khan, I'd happily ditch some of their dead weight to make room for someone of Andrade's stature. That doesn't seem to be Khan's style, though. 

19 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I fully expected AEW to sign Andrade, but the fact they haven't is telling for me. I suppose you could argue that they don't really need him, and that's why I don't think Andrade to Impact is completely out of the question. AEW isn't short on great wrestlers, which is what Andrade has to offer. He's not a strong promo due to the language barrier, and while they could mitigate that by alligning him with a manager, I could see why Tony Khan might view him as more of what they already have - a great, smaller in ring wrestler. Joe, on the other hand, offers something quite unique. 

If I were Tony Khan, I'd happily ditch some of their dead weight to make room for someone of Andrade's stature. That doesn't seem to be Khan's style, though. 

I've been thinking since his release that Andrade is going to ROH. The possibility in my mind was that he could also turn up on the Cinco de Mayo episode of AEW. 

• Moderators

It's marvellous news. It's quietly been the best promotion in the world for the past couple of years. And I do hope they do well and hope they get back on TV here again as I've fucked my laptop and I can't be arsed getting some app to watch on my phone