1 hour ago, Hoptimus said:

Josh Alexander Vs TJP in the Iron Man Match was incredible. Worth a watch. The bulk of the match is on Before The Impact on YouTube then the final moments roll over onto the main Impact Wrestling broadcast

I thought it was great. Loved the ending. Definitely recommended:

https://youtu.be/sZfv1Ss6hB0

• Paid Members

That was a bloody hell of an iron man match, and what a way to start Impact. Alexander declaring himself top dog while Kenny has the Impact Title was a heck of a claim as well. 

Something Vs Rohit was a decent match. 

W Morrissey is being presented as a beast. That beat down he put on Rich Swann, and then shrugging off the chair shot? Monster. It's simultaneously amusing and annoying hearing everybody say "you can't teach that" when they talk to/about him. 

I wonder whether Tenille will get put with the team formerly known as the Iiconics as some kind of Beautiful People for the modern age. 

Steve Maclin? Is he any good? 

That knockouts tag title match could be an interesting. 

I'm looking forward to Kojima Vs Doering. 

Hopefully Tony Khan isn't too dopey next week. Triple threat will be a good way of protecting Moose or Kenny depending on whether they're going to have a title change or retention. 

Next week's impact looks decent as well. 

The iron match was brilliant. I really am enjoying Josh Alexander's work at the minute and think he makes a brilliant X division champion.

Rohit has been improving lately aswell, at first I couldn't stand him and didn't see much in him but as soon as he won the X title a little while back he's been impressing me More and more each week, him and Jake something had a good match I thought. 

I'm really interested to see how against all odds will play out they have built it up really well and I'm hoping they won't disappoint.

Also sign me up for some of the impact wrestling trading cards 

• Paid Members

Against All Odds looks like it's going to be a decent show. Under Siege was good They're doing a great job of just booking reasonably simple, coherent storylines to give their roster reasons to get in the ring and have good matches. Nothing ever feels overly convoluted. I really hope they pick up some names from the recent releases. I might try and find a stream of Slammiversary, assuming it happens on a Saturday night just to see who does turn up. I'm hoping for Samoa Joe, but I don't think it'd hapen unless Scott D'Amore can convince him that he has serious unfinished business there. They almost built the company around him before Hogan & Bischoff came in and ruined it, and he's the kind of guy they could do it for again. Have him wrestle part time and use him as a trainer. Matches against the likes of TJP, Josh Alexander, Moose, Joe Doering. There are options for him there.Yes, there are more options (and money in AEW), but he was made in TNA (and Ring Of Honor).

• Paid Members

Against All Odds is included in Impact Plus. Slammiversary in July will be PPV though.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Surely Omega wins it so they can get him on another ppv next month, wasn't their recent one with him their best selling ppv in years by a country mile? 

Yeah, I think Omega wins here - it's on AEW's home ground, I expect some shenanigans with an AEW ref, maybe Tony Khan involvement - beats Callihan at Slammiversary, then loses to Moose on Impact home turf later down the line, with a full audience.

• Paid Members

Tony Khan seemed way out of his element in that opening segment.

Striker's been "on assignment" for a long time now. He's not missed. Even D'Lo sounds brighter with Matthews next to him on commentary. 

That 5 way for the X-Division title could be fun. I kind of hope Petey wins, but whoever wins will have a decent match with Josh Alexander for the title. 

I'm enjoying these Bryan Myers segments. 

Callihan and Dreamer against the Good Brothers? There's your piss break match for Against All Odds right there. 

The second knockouts match was better than the first. 

Maclin looks like he's going to be a whole load of nothing. I could be wrong. 

X Division tag match was fun. Some great athletic guys in there. I see everybody has a submission hold now so they can compete with the champ. Looks like Petey injured himself doing that big Canadian Destroyer from the top. 

I'm so hyped for Kojima Vs Doering. He reminds me of Stan Hanson. 

If Moose is wrestling Omega at Dailly's place will we have the Bucks getting involved to help Kenny retain the title? 

That main event street fight did a good job making W Morrissey look like a monster. Until he had to swing a chair, then it looked as safe as houses as the wrong camera angle showed him pulling his blows. That elbow onto the chair looked pretty bad as well. Hopefully Rich Swann can get a better performance out of him. 

Not a bad go home show. Things were set up nicely for tonight. I'll probably give it a watch in the morning. 

• Paid Members

Good main event except

Spoiler

Spend all your time on impact, and on the show that Sami is wrestling in Nashville so can’t interfere in the Moose/Omega fight, only for him to turn up at the conclusion to stink up Daily’s Place. Never change Impact.

• Paid Members

It was nice to hear Schiavone calling a match. I got all nostalgic for watching WCW Worldwide on a Saturday afternoon, or that my mum used to video for me on a Monday night. D'Amore was good as well. Is that tiny set the one they use for Dark? I thought they'd do a finish like that with the Good Brothers out of the picture. 

Spoiler

What a night for Generation Me to return to Impact Wrestling. 

Nice to see some 2010 TNA legends turn up. 

In Impact canon, Scott D'more is an idiot. He books the Good Brothers to be in Nashville when Kenny is in Jacksonville yet positions the match as the opener. Why not put the match second to last to prevent the Good Brothers from taking a flight via private jet to Florida. 

The finish in the X Division no. 1 contender match was something in WWE booking room 101. They mention Tony Khan not liking DQ's on Impact and they have a no contest in a 5 man. If I was an Impact I'd think AEW don't have DQ's, great ill watch that instead. 

As much as I like Deonna, Jordynne Grace should the female Goldberg. Have her beat everyone in sight in 5 mins and never lose. The unconfident losing streak deal with her is eye roll inducing for me. It'd actually work with Rachel Ellering with her being ring rusty after a bad injury. 

Edited by Tsurutagun

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Nice to see some 2010 TNA legends turn up. 

In Impact canon, Scott D'more is an idiot. He books the Good Brothers to be in Nashville when Kenny is in Jacksonville yet positions the match as the opener. Why not put the match second to last to prevent the Good Brothers from taking a flight via private jet to Florida. 

The finish in the X Division no. 1 contender match was something in WWE booking room 101. They mention Tony Khan not liking DQ's on Impact and they have a no contest in a 5 man. If I was an Impact I'd think AEW don't have DQ's, great ill watch that instead. 

As much as I like Deonna, Jordynne Grace should the female Goldberg. Have her beat everyone in sight in 5 mins and never lose. The unconfident losing streak deal with her is eye roll inducing for me. It'd actually work with Rachel Ellering with her being ring rusty after a bad injury. 

It's about 1 1/2 hours from Nashville to Jacksonville on commercial. No one, private jet or not, was appearing on the show and getting to Daily's Place before it finished. And it wouldn't have been so annoying if they didn't keep mentioning the reason for them having it there was to stop the Good Brothers when Sami made it.

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It's about 1 1/2 hours from Nashville to Jacksonville on commercial. No one, private jet or not, was appearing on the show and getting to Daily's Place before it finished. And it wouldn't have been so annoying if they didn't keep mentioning the reason for them having it there was to stop the Good Brothers when Sami made it.

The Good Brothers don't have Sami Callihan's magic teleport ability from his mobile phone device. 

Thumbs up! Thumbs down! 

*Teleports*

• Paid Members

Presumably Moose took such a shellacking because his contract is up soon so they can keep him off TV until they either make another deal or he ends up going to NXT? 

I can't see who challenges next though, unless they are going to somehow bring Sami back and he ends up getting his shot, or one of the WWE releases gets the shot, but they wouldn't really be able to announce it yet. Ah well, just got to keep watching I guess.