• Paid Members

Didn’t Eddie Edwards allow himself to be the receiver of another stupid spot a year or two ago? Or was that Davey Richards? I remember one of them doing something that made me think, “Jesus Christ, why would you do that?”

Edited by Your Fight Site
Spot, not stop

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

Didn’t Eddie Edwards allow himself to be the receiver of another stupid spot a year or two ago? Or was that Davey Richards? I remember one of them doing something that made me think, “Jesus Christ, why would you do that?”

Was it the Paul London one? If so, that was Davey Richards, I think.

• Paid Members
On 07/03/2018 at 6:49 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is Callahan Solomon Crowe from NXT? He was terrible.

He still is. Last time I saw him live he was one of the worst exponents I've ever seen of the indie "move 100 miles an hour, get as much shit in as possible, sell nothing" style I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested in seeing how great EC3 is going to be would do well to see his Impact sendoff. Good show this week. Much closer to NXT in quality now they've stripped away some of the bullshit. Must be new agents because the match quality has improved too. I really like that most of the talent used has a gimmick or interesting look.

• Paid Members

Now EC3/Derrick Bateman/The USA Guy/Bubba Poon II is the guy who, if I were Billy Corgan, would've put the NWA belt on to do this "Ten Pounds of Gold" thing they're doing with Aldis. Aldis isn't terrible, but he's definitely not good enough to build a promotion or a campaign around yet, and would benefit more from going into the Performance Centre. EC3, on the other hand, is very good, knows how to get over, knows how to work, and could get back to the WWE via the AJ Styles route, i.e. do well on the indies, do well in NJPW and headline one of their bigger shows, and just improve overall, as he's shown he knows how to. He also seems to have shaken off the injury bug that had WWE release him in the first place.

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Now EC3/Derrick Bateman/The USA Guy/Bubba Poon II is the guy who, if I were Billy Corgan, would've put the NWA belt on to do this "Ten Pounds of Gold" thing they're doing with Aldis. Aldis isn't terrible, but he's definitely not good enough to build a promotion or a campaign around yet, and would benefit more from going into the Performance Centre. EC3, on the other hand, is very good, knows how to get over, knows how to work, and could get back to the WWE via the AJ Styles route, i.e. do well on the indies, do well in NJPW and headline one of their bigger shows, and just improve overall, as he's shown he knows how to. He also seems to have shaken off the injury bug that had WWE release him in the first place.

He's already been resigned hasnt he? He made an appearance at the last Takeover show

• Paid Members

Did he? That's good news. Well, it would be if I were still regularly watching wrestling. But I always liked him in TNA, and I think he deserves a second shot.

Him redebuting as EC3 did surprise me as you'd think he'd go back to being Derrick Bateman seeing how EC3 was the nephew of Dixie and thus, it wouldn't work. I don't see why he could still use aspects of the character whilst reverting to the name. I get them using it as its more recognisable if that's the case.

• Paid Members

Whoa - he re-debuted as EC3? Seriously, that's a "Because TNA" if there ever was one. Fucking hell, they're idiots.

Fair play to WWE, though - it wouldn't have made much difference either way, so if you can squeeze a little extra name value out of it, go ahead.