Jesus, why can't they add some crowd noise in post production? Perception is everything. If I can hear someone in the crowd cough it's a sure sign it's not something worth caring about. That across the ring face-off spot to absolute silence was tragic. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CTXRussomark said:

Jesus, why can't they add some crowd noise in post production? Perception is everything. If I can hear someone in the crowd cough it's a sure sign it's not something worth caring about. That across the ring face-off spot to absolute silence was tragic. 

Because wrestling fans on an Internet forum would then go, “Lol, listen to TNA piping in crowd noise like mid-2000s SmackDown!”

On 3/27/2018 at 8:41 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

Laurel Van Ness wasn’t allowed... So I’m sure that’s bollocks

Where did it say she wasnt allowed?  Its more than possible she just didn't want to use it, favouring her own name than a "character"

Black Label Pro Wrestling were going to do a Chelsea Green vs. Laurel Van Ness match after she left

I assume Leva Bates was going to "cosplay" Laurel as Chelsea couldnt make the show in the end and Leva suddenly got added to another multi way match when she wasn't on the card prior...  BLPW said the match will still go ahead at a later date so Chelsea must be under the impression the gimmick can be used...

DVu_D_Nr_WAAAq_YA5_696x418.jpg

Edited by midlandsfirst

• Paid Members

Seeing the tag "Redshirt vs Blackshirt Security" reminds me of one of my favourite TNA-adjacent stories.

I was at a seminar with Joe E Legend, someone asked him, "Who were you TNA Tag Champion with?"

Joe replies, "Kevin Northcutt". The guy says, "I have no idea who that is", and Joe replies, "Nah, me neither".

• Paid Members

Yeah, I've worked with him a few times, and he is a laugh, and a genuinely good egg. He's always been happy to do just about anything he can to help us out, at very little benefit to himself.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Joe is genuinely funny, I've been around him on a few occasions and he's a decent guy.

He is, and he's really friendly too - always has time to chat to people.

I remember when I was doing interviews backstage, and he was carrying a belt from some other promotion to take with him to the ring. I asked him whose it was; he said it was "Power Pro Wrestling". I knew he had belts from other promotions, so asked him why he was specifically carrying that one, and he just grinned and said "I just find it funny when I'm announced as the champ of Pee-Pee-Double-You". Silly sod.

I worked ringcrew/gopher for a tour with Joe Legend in 2005 and he was great. Full of humour and funny stories.
I remember once he told me he worked a wrestling show at a nudist camp in Canada which is not especially funny in hindsight but how he told it was hilarious. 'I heeled on them for being naked. I was wearing clothes so of course they were going to hate me!'

Anyway, lovely chap. 

How bad does it look on Impact when there is a dozen people at the front in the same shirt, it's obviously some tourist coach party who are at the theme park and have stumbled into the Wresting. Just fucking hand them a load of Wrestler T-Shirts or something, it's the little things.

Aside from that, love what they are doing with Cage, genuinely behind this guy and the push. Also like the Aries presentation, still a whole lot of work to be done, namely eliminating Del Rio but things are a lot better. Richard Justice is still brilliant.