• Paid Members

Joey Styles was working for Evolve but made a Donald Trump gag relating to Joanna Rose and now doesn't really work anywhere.

22 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Kevin Kelly does a good job on New Japan shows 

Not sure if his schedule would allow him to do both TNA and NJPW though

I dont know how TNA tape the shows and how far in advance they go with each set of Tapings

But it's a known fact that Kevin Kelly picks his nose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mainly to see if I could find something even more boring to watch than United tonight, I decided to watch an episode of TNA or Impact Wrestling, if that is indeed their real name. It's probably been over 10 years since I last watched one from start to finish.

For a start, Eli Drake vs Austin Aries. Drake seemed alright. Aries seemed really shit. Half his moves didn't look as though they would have rustled a newspaper. Chris Masters should have been in the match instead of Drake, instead stood around ringside looking for people who looked like they pirated DVDs. Mediocre.

Bobby Lashley vs Sami Calihan was probably better than I expected but only because I remember Lashley from when he was in WWE never having a single good match ever. That spit thing that Calihan did was both disgusting and fucking stupid. Mostly worthless.

Rosemary vs Hania felt like it was in slow motion. I do fancy Hania though but she's a terrible wrestler based on this.

John Morrison and Matt Sydal vs Brodus Clay and EC3 was the fucking pits. Morrison especially was awful, his piss-weak offence looked piss weaker than ever before. Brodus is still shit. I don't know who EC3 is but he looked familiar although he did almost nothing in this. Is he the one coming to WWE? Can't wait!!

There were some cruiserweights having the usual match and doing the usual moves. Bollocks.

Brian Cage's squash was the best match of the night. I love a good squash and this was pretty good as they go. That powerbomb where he nearly through him over the corner was superb. Imagine being such a loser that you're a jobber on TNA though. He's not going to have that on his Linkedin, is he.

Are the crowd always like this? They barely reacted to anything but having said that there was almost nothing to react to.

Sonjay Dutt was shit on commentary. Just like Josh Matthews still is.

I didn't understand any of the backstage stuff. I thought Jimmy Jacobs was dead.

This company being still alive is a miracle akin to Keith Richards still being alive. Total arseshit.

On paper I thought last weeks show was going to be quite good but it was not. They have started wrestling a bit more but the editing is awful (maybe butchered for our version I dunno because it use to be better), the commentary team is dreadful (I know it was a last minute change because Borash) and they've hired (and fired) more shitarse women!

And Del Rio is still about. Instant channel changer material!

Impact have announced that their WrestleCon event during Wrestlemania weekend will be a joint show with Lucha Underground, and will be streamed on their Twitch. 

Press release:

IMPACT Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground Set for WrestleCon Weekend

TORONTO | LOS ANGELES – IMPACT Wrestling announced today a historic co-promotion with Lucha Underground has been set for WrestleCon weekend scheduled for April 5 to April 8, 2018 in New Orleans, La. The stars of IMPACT Wrestling will face off against the stars of Lucha Underground on Friday, April 6, starting at 9:00 p.m. CT at The Sugar Mill (1021 Convention Center Blvd.) during what will be the biggest weekend of the year in professional wrestling. IMPACT Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground will stream live exclusively on IMPACT Wrestling’s Twitch channel (Twitch.tv/impactwrestling).

The channel will feature over 10 hours of original daily content for three days during WrestleCon weekend, including exclusive podcasts and behind-the-scenes footage.“We are excited and honored to expand our partnership with AAA and Twitch for this groundbreaking co-promotion with Lucha Underground,” said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling.

“Extensive coverage from WrestleCon will stream live all weekend on IMPACT Wrestling’s official Twitch channel as fans will have the opportunity to interact with their favorite stars.” “We are very excited to partner with IMPACT Wrestling for this very special and unique event,” said Dorian Roldán, General Manager of Lucha Underground. “We are also very excited to bring Lucha Underground to fans at WrestleCon for the first time. We think this is a great opportunity for both IMPACT Wrestling and Lucha Underground to put on a great show for all the wrestling fans who will be in New Orleans.”

Edited by Syl
Horrible copy and paste job meant the press release had black background/white text

• Paid Members
On 26/02/2018 at 9:43 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Show has a decent direction, is easy to follow and enjoyable - which is all we can realistically ask at the moment.

thats kind of how i see it, its a breezy 90 mins, and it doesnt feel im watching the same thing every week either. 

3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

thats kind of how i see it, its a breezy 90 mins, and it doesnt feel im watching the same thing every week either. 

Its something a little different, which is good.
I'm not hugely sold on the tag teams yet - they look a little too 'indie' for my tastes personally but they have some good talent that I have not seen any or much of before, like Hania and Brian Cage, and the new management seem realistic in their goals for the company, which is a positive sign.