Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I would like Scott D’Amore to approve my ranking of the members of Team Canada:

1) Bobby Roode

2) Johnny Devine

3) Eric Young

4) Petey Williams

5) A1

I'm biased because this cracks me everytime, but A1 should be higher, solely for the story D'Amore told about him on Talk'n Shop.

Skip to 13:20 for the story, then 20:50 when D'Amore gets A1 on the phone, can't seem to set timestamps from mobile app.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, eugenespeed said:

Needs more Frank Dux

Needs more Mighty Ducks

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ask them if they know that Rellik is "killeR" spelt backwards.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Borash will have a wealth of experience and knowledge for the guys at NXT.

I remember going to a WWA show years ago where Borash did live commentary over the PA with Simon Diamond at first, then with Disco when it was becoming obvious Diamond was contributing absolutely nothing. Anyway, Shark Boy was in the first match, and we'd decided we were strongly behind hm, shouting "SHAAAAAAARK BOOOOOOOOOOOOY" every time JB mentioned his name. We could tell he was getting annoyed after a few times, as he seemed to be deliberately not mentioning said wrestler's name, then suddenly he called a move and left a massive pause right before sneaking in a little "Shark Boy," and playing with us like that for the rest of the match. It was a great night out. We had fun, but the show itself could have been heaps better. We managed to get some kids behind us chanting for Sabu as well.

Apologies for anybody else who was there and annoyed by our antics.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, so to be on the safe side. Relates to 205 Live. 

Rockstar Spud is 205 Live GM. Wasn't when aware he left Impact.

Posted
3 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, so to be on the safe side. Relates to 205 Live. 

 

  Hide contents

Rockstar Spud is 205 Live GM. Wasn't when aware he left Impact.

 

They left Impact last year, but there were issues around working visas and so they had to wait for those to be sorted before they could join the company.

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 hours ago, bigfoote said:

They left Impact last year, but there were issues around working visas and so they had to wait for those to be sorted before they could join the company.

Shows how much attention I've been paying.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It shouldn't make much of a difference really, but its crazy how much better a normal four sided ring looks in comparison to the six sided one. 

I won't miss Jeremy Borash's play by play, even though I definately will as a ring announcer and on-screen personality.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I watched the ICYMI video of the Aries return. First I've seen of them for a few months. The show looked excellent compared to the last time I watched. The ring looked good and it was a decent crowd and well lit. Agree on the PBP, it was particularly poor. Did laugh that JB feigned shock at Austin Aries been back followed by the classic WC/TNA line of "We've all heard the rumours" and then saying he saw someone like him earlier. So you shouldn't be that surprised then, eh?

Was horrified to see that shitarse Eli Drake, looking like an extra from Sherlock, was champ. Don't blame them for sticking the title straight on Aries.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Any preferences on who could fill the commentary positions now then?

Personally, would like to see Robert Flores come back. He did a stellar job at Slammiversary last year and yet is a fresh voice.

In an ideal world he would be partnered by Don West, but he's basically Double J's boy and I can't see him returning now Jarrett is out of the picture for good.

Barring that, I could live with Kevin Kelly and Don Callis. Always liked Kevin Kelly in the WWF but never really watched ROH so not familiar with his more recent stuff.

Posted

Kevin Kelly does a good job on New Japan shows 

Not sure if his schedule would allow him to do both TNA and NJPW though

I dont know how TNA tape the shows and how far in advance they go with each set of Tapings

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...