Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good show, overall. Having Don Callis on commentary and a crowd that sort of seemed like they wanted to be there helped. Scott Steiner hitting a Frankensteiner in 2018 was all sorts of amazing. Great main event, and the hardcore match was fun. It's being uploaded on to the GWN app on Wednesday, and you can get 1 month free, so if you have some time, I'd recommend checking it out. 

Posted

I went to Redemption last night as I'm on holiday over here at the moment. Really good show and I haven't watched Impact for so long I didn't even know what shape of ring the would be using. 

It didn't feel like they were going for WWE lite, which is good but it was a bit of a spotty botchfest at times. Still, there's some decent talent there at the moment and the comments coming out from the management team suggest they know they're back at square one and are planning to build slowly.

Posted

It was pretty good to start with. A couple of hundred VIP packages by the looks of it and the bleachers were more or less full at the start and about a dozen latecomers weren't let in until other people left. The people who had come as part of their Universal day out started to dwindle away as the show went on though. One group of about 10 left seemingly in response to Scott Steiner repeatedly shouting fuck you and spitting on some of the standing crowd.

Hard to give an accurate figure as it was a mixture of bleachers and floor seating/standing but I'd guess it was about 1200 people or so and the vast majority were definitely wrestling fans.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

One group of about 10 left seemingly in response to Scott Steiner repeatedly shouting fuck you and spitting on some of the standing crowd.

Proper laughing at this. Trust Scotty to go full hardo at a 2018 TNA show of all things. An unmitigated nutter. 

Edited by Gus Mears
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Proper laughing at this. Trust Scotty to go full hardo at a 2018 TNA show of all things. An unmitigated nutter. 

He was in full Steiner mode last night. Walking like Kurt Angle but hit the top rope Frankensteiner. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

The older Scott Steiner get's the funnier he is. Way better than the Undertaker. He turns up once a year and provides hilarity unseen since the last time he showed up.

Posted

I can't believe he's attempting stuff like that at 55.  It was a minor miracle he was managing it a decade ago in old TNA.  He must hurt like fuck all the time, but is too stubborn to stop.

He's the last rebel, isn't he, apart from CM Punk - the last big star who's completely on the outs with WWE and seems unlikely to never get into the Hall Of Fame.  Although after Jarrett's return, I consider it more on the cards than the last decade.  Can you imagine Scott Steiner as Raw GM?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I can't stop smiling when watching Scott Steiner these days. He's just a joy in every way!

As someone who thinks the industry in general is a little too workrate heavy these days. he certainly breaks up the monotiny.

I haven't watched much New Japan at all, but Don Callis was a welcome addition to the commentary team. I wonder if he'll be a permanent fixture now or just wheeled out for PPV's? The show in general was very enjoyable, nicely paced too.

They've already announced that Slammiversary is taking place in Toronto at a 3,000+ seater arena.

Edited by garynysmon
  • Paid Members
Posted

As much fun as Steiner is, I'm finding it hard to impressed by him considering what 50 year old Pierre Carl Oullett did over Wrestle Mania weekend. Scotty needs to up his ante.

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

As much fun as Steiner is, I'm finding it hard to impressed by him considering what 50 year old Pierre Carl Oullett did over Wrestle Mania weekend. Scotty needs to up his ante.

In fairness, Steiner hasn’t really stopped working since he debuted in the late 80’s, plus he’s had a number of serious injuries.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Someone should book PCO vs Steiner so we can actually have a winner. I'm putting my money on the one-eyed, haggard lunatic PCO, who can bend a frying pan with his bare hands and snap a deck of cards in half.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Steiner's great, and the only reason I'm interested in TNA again.

I have his Freak Show workout DVD (which, if you haven't seen it yet, seek it out) and it's bizarre to see him go from addressing the viewer really sweet and tenderly during the beginner section to full on aggy, bully Steiner in the advanced section where he pretty much calls you and everyone you hold dear, a cunt, just because you can't bicep curl a jeep.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I have his Freak Show workout DVD (which, if you haven't seen it yet, seek it out) 

CURLS FOR THE GIRLS, MAKE YOUR BICEPS GROW

Posted

Surprised to see AA drop the belt. I wouldn't be shocked to see him win it back shortly though. I think they just did it for the social media pop. Good match though and the whole show delivered in the way I expected.

That 6-way was mental. I think two of them are dead. Cage is the fucking man.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...