I have been watching every other week or so at the moment which is the most Impact I have watched since 2014.

I would say the show deserves a lot of the praise it has been getting and it has made some clear changes.

A number of the 'indie star' names are very good and offer an actual alternative feel. Matt Sydal, Brian Cage, Eli Drake, Allie and Tessa Blanchard actually feel like established stars of this promotion rather than recycled names of the past like Anderson, Mickie James, RVD etc. I understand the names mentioned do have a past with WWE but they don't immediately make me think of their past primes.

Another interesting quirk is that they have clearly understood that the Broken Universe worked. Obviously implementing this style across the board can lead to some big misses but it at least feels fresh.

The biggest positive of all is that the show doesn't have much dead space and particularly long segments which want to make you fast forward. The pacing is very good and is reminiscent of the Impact shows of 2004/2005 in terms of the NON-STOP ACTION...ADRENALINE RUSH..ADRENALINE RUSH!!!

2 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

Do the shows still play out in front of a completely silent crowd?  If not I may give it another chance just to see what it's like.  What channel is it on over here now?

I've watched it the past 2 weeks after not watching it for years and both shows have been filmed in Canada infront of a pretty lively crowd, 100x better than the last show from the Impact Zone I watched where you could hear a pin drop. Really enjoyed both episodes to be fair, they do video sequences now like Lucha Underground which is a nice touch although some of it is a bit out there like Eddie Edwards seeing things in the mirror etc

It's on 5Spike as well on Friday nights at 11pm, Not sure if there's any replays during the week

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

The current tapings are from St Claire College, in Windsor, Ontario in front of a paying crowd. Rather than the studio in a theme park that was open to anyone who was in the park at that time. 

I recall a recent interview where Josh Matthews said they don’t plan to go back to Universal anytime soon, and as such the block of tapings after Slammiversay will be at the Rebel Complex in Toronto (same place as the pay per view). I believe they are back there in August and a recent announcement by another company suggests they will try their hand at Sam’s Town in Las Vegas in November.

Edited by uklaw

3 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

Do the shows still play out in front of a completely silent crowd?  If not I may give it another chance just to see what it's like.  What channel is it on over here now?

Yeah as has been said the move to Canada has really helped. Callis even said recently that the crowd in Orlando was dead and it was nigh on impossible to gauge what was working and what wasn't. 

16 minutes ago, pol_pot_rick said:

Hearing good things about TNA recently, will Slammiversay air on TV over here?

it's a ppv live on the fite network for 20 dollars 

Edited by kidzero
Mistake

9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Wont Channel 5 still show it a few days after it airs? They have for previous PPVs.

I don't think they have the rights to the ppvs any more I think there was a press release a while ago stating the Slammiversay airs on ppv for the first time in the UK... Etc

Fight Network, the world’s premier multi-platform channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, today announced it has launched on Channel 192 on SKY and Channel 161 on Freesat across the UK. Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. is the parent company of both Impact Wrestling and Fight Network.

Fight Network will broadcast on Showcase TV in the UK starting at 9:00 p.m. every night. As well as being found on SKY and Freesat, Fight Network on Showcase TV can also be viewed online, by visiting www.information.tv/showcase and pressing play on the Showcase TV icon.T

The channel will include a simulcast of IMPACT Wrestling at the same time it airs in the States every Thursday night, as well as two prime time repeats.
Some of the featured programming on Fight Network in the UK will include both wrestling and MMA shows:

IMPACT Wrestling – Live weekly simulcast Fridays at 1:00 AM of IMPACT Wrestling’s flagship show with primetime repeats on Fridays and Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. IMPACT showcases top professional wrestling stars such as Austin Aries, Johnny Impact, Moose, Eli Drake, Pentagon Jr., Fenix, Rich Swann, Matt Sydal, Brian Cage, local UK stars such as Grado and Joe Hendry, the high-flying X-Division, plus the lovely and lethal Knockouts, including Su Yung, Rosemary, Allie, Madison Rayne and Tessa Blanchard.

Xplosion – Weekly show from IMPACT Wrestling featuring exclusive matches only seen internationally, plus behind-the-scenes footage, original sitdown interviews and throwback matches highlighting memorable historical moments

British Boot Camp – Series documenting the careers of British professional wrestlers seeking a contract with IMPACT Wrestling, that was aired in 2013 and 2014, featuring next-generation stars such as Rockstar Spud, Marty Scurll and Grado, as they train under the mentorship of legends such as Hulk Hogan and Sting.

Wrestling at the Chase – Iconic professional wrestling series from St. Louis from the 1950s to 1980s, featuring past legends such as Ric Flair, Harley Race and Lou Thesz.

IMPACT also currently airs on 5Spike on Freeview on Fridays at 11 PM and will continue to.

Source - VultureHound

Edited by midlandsfirst