Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

13 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

In what way? just finished listening to the pod and I thought it was great

It just seemed like "Meltzer said this, Meltzer said that" dominated the show. The Bischoff story was beautiful though.

Only a minor criticism because it's my favourite podcast. I've listened to it since the beginning - its brilliant.

I don't think Liam and the lads will lose any sleep over what one weirdo on a wrestling forum thinks either - I'm sure they'll be back on form for the next episode.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It just seemed like "Meltzer said this, Meltzer said that" dominated the show. The Bischoff story was beautiful though.

Only a minor criticism because it's my favourite podcast. I've listened to it since the beginning - its brilliant.

I don't think Liam and the lads will lose any sleep over what one weirdo on a wrestling forum thinks either - I'm sure they'll be back on form for the next episode.

I enjoyed the perspective. Meltzer thinking the throne angle was genius was the best bit. Oh, Dave.

38 minutes ago, Max Power said:

No offense taken in the slightest, your opinion is as valid as anyone's, my man, if that perspective wasn't for you that's fair enough. Certainly it's a one off....

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Not sure what the hold up was but after a 6 month hiatus Stone Cold's podcast is back in June:

Not sure if why, but he has a new reality show coming up soon on USA network where he interviews guests

• Paid Members

Wade Keller has released Part 1 of a 2.5 hour podcast with Jon Moxley. Free with ads. 

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/06/01/free-podcast-6-1-wkpwp-interview-jon-moxley-a-k-a-dean-ambrose-joins-keller-talking-wwe-creative-process-problems-vince-interactions-roman-crowd-reactions-triple-h-as-an-option-91-min/

I’ve only listed to 20 minutes but it’s already a great interview that expands on what was said on the Jericho podcast.

As a huge Moxley fan, it’s so exciting to hear how fired up and determined he is. Honestly feel like the sky’s the limit.

Got me thinking though. Between Moxley and Punk, is there nothing WWE can do to stop guys leaving and doing these styles of interviews, absolutely humiliating them? Can’t they put some type of nondisclosure clause into their contracts, where they can’t discuss the inner-workings and experiences backstage? Not that I want them to, it’s super cathartic hearing Jon discuss all the same frustrations I’ve had, I just can’t believe they’re happy with this happening again.

Edited by Supremo

There's non-disparagement clauses you can put in, I thought they were doing them as standard after del rio stuck the boot in when he left the first time. I don't know how enforceable they are mind, also a lot of what he was saying was just his version of events. Plus as an "independent contractor", I'm not sure how you can enforce something beyond the length of the contract. 

One of the most interesting parts that I haven't seen mentioned was Moxley saying that by gutting out his contract (rather than asking for/trying to get a release) it means he continues to get royalties for any figures, merch etc. sold going forward. I always assumed that was standard - you often hear about ex roster members still getting royalty cheques years later. Have they changed the contracts so that people choosing to leave forfeit all future royalties? Or has that always been the case?

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Not sure what the hold up was but after a 6 month hiatus Stone Cold's podcast is back in June:

Burnout mainly. He'd been doing the same thing for quite a while with a lesser variety of guests - you can only do so many Ted Fowler drinking shows. 

• Paid Members

Is there an RSS feed for SCG Radio? I fancy giving it a crack but for some reason my pod app can't find it.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Wade Keller has released Part 1 of a 2.5 hour podcast with Jon Moxley. Free with ads. 

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/06/01/free-podcast-6-1-wkpwp-interview-jon-moxley-a-k-a-dean-ambrose-joins-keller-talking-wwe-creative-process-problems-vince-interactions-roman-crowd-reactions-triple-h-as-an-option-91-min/

I’ve only listed to 20 minutes but it’s already a great interview that expands on what was said on the Jericho podcast.

As a huge Moxley fan, it’s so exciting to hear how fired up and determined he is. Honestly feel like the sky’s the limit.

Got me thinking though. Between Moxley and Punk, is there nothing WWE can do to stop guys leaving and doing these styles of interviews, absolutely humiliating them? Can’t they put some type of nondisclosure clause into their contracts, where they can’t discuss the inner-workings and experiences backstage? Not that I want them to, it’s super cathartic hearing Jon discuss all the same frustrations I’ve had, I just can’t believe they’re happy with this happening again.

Thanks for that, no doubt I'll forget about part 2 so could you post it if you remember