Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Just now, Kaz Hayashi said:

We were indeed absolutely happy for him to be on the show, and we’re very happy that came through on the podcast. There’s nothing we want more than for the guest to feel comfortable, stay 30 mins longer than scheduled, and promote our show to their peers as a positive experience. So for us, an opportunity (or several) gained. Much like when we had Ahmed Johnson, Savio Vega, Todd Pettengill, Rick Bognar, Barry Horowitz, etc on the show.

I'm not on facebook so can't look for myself, but does Horowitz really have video footage of his match against Ken Shamrock from that Greensboro house show in 89/90 up on there?  

Also enjoyed those outtakes that Richard Land had been posting on Twitter so the podcast answered where he got them from!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Magnum Milano said:

I'm not on facebook so can't look for myself, but does Horowitz really have video footage of his match against Ken Shamrock from that Greensboro house show in 89/90 up on there?  

Also enjoyed those outtakes that Richard Land had been posting on Twitter so the podcast answered where he got them from!

There’s a photo of it for sure. Haven’t spotted the video on there yet, but may have scrolled past it.

52CF983E-DE7C-4BC1-A8E8-C26F3149583C.jpeg.dd21775250303ebce171b991d1d2dc3a.jpeg

We recently sent Richard a big bunch of 1987 original master tapes, containing loads of market specific promos, outtakes & raw reel footage. Not sure how much he’s uploaded yet, but when he does, give them a watch, there’s some great stuff. Always happy to send him stuff to digitise.

492C1E1B-8C47-4000-A392-6AFE512F1479.thumb.jpeg.b7f3ac66cce3cafea36159953ef6f4fc.jpeg

12 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Appreciate the feedback. Our approach won’t be everyone’s cup of tea and that’s absolutely fine. 

Just to answer some of your points.

We were indeed absolutely happy for him to be on the show, and we’re very happy that came through on the podcast. There’s nothing we want more than for the guest to feel comfortable, stay 30 mins longer than scheduled, and promote our show to their peers as a positive experience. So for us, an opportunity (or several) gained. Much like when we had Ahmed Johnson, Savio Vega, Todd Pettengill, Rick Bognar, Barry Horowitz, etc on the show.

Specific to this interview, we’re highly aware of the product, we’re very familiar with 1PW, we attend at least half of the 1st two years of shows and knew the ground we wanted to cover in the 1st interview. 

You need to bear in mind, the next show is a fan Q&A. We planned that going in to the first interview. Due to which, we also planned for the first interview to be a light hearted chat, as we knew the grit would come from the 2nd interview. Why cover the same gritty points in two interviews?

And by all means, submit a question 👍

Christ I'm not being a dick I'm in the music/entertainment industry and thought I would give you some constructive criticism 

9 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

There’s a photo of it for sure. Haven’t spotted the video on there yet, but may have scrolled past it.

52CF983E-DE7C-4BC1-A8E8-C26F3149583C.jpeg.dd21775250303ebce171b991d1d2dc3a.jpeg

We recently sent Richard a big bunch of 1987 original master tapes, containing loads of market specific promos, outtakes & raw reel footage. Not sure how much he’s uploaded yet, but when he does, give them a watch, there’s some great stuff. Always happy to send him stuff to digitise.

492C1E1B-8C47-4000-A392-6AFE512F1479.thumb.jpeg.b7f3ac66cce3cafea36159953ef6f4fc.jpeg

I think he's only tweeted the '84 out takes tape so far but there is some great stuff in there and pretty much anything with Gene Okerlund is gold, especially the one where he's ribbing Kamala for missing some market interviews earlier in the day and references Jim Barnett!  A decade ago I would've been all over this setting up a trade to try and get copies but those days are in the past now for me.  I'll still drop Richard a message anyway and see if he found any other interesting bits on the raw footage, untelevised matches etc.

That photo is from a Shamrock match in Pancrase, so I'm starting to doubt he has video footage then.  Also on the interview he implied that Shamrock wrestled as Vince Torelli, something he would've known for certain if he had a copy.  I enjoyed the interview, even if he did seemingly forget his 1990 stint in WCW (plus I thought he was a Black Scorpion at one point too, something he shot down by saying when he was the Red Knight that was the first time he had ever worn a mask), and it's always nice to hear from someone who hasn't done the rounds on podcasts.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

That photo is from a Shamrock match in Pancrase, so I'm starting to doubt he has video footage then.  Also on the interview he implied that Shamrock wrestled as Vince Torelli, something he would've known for certain if he had a copy.  I enjoyed the interview, even if he did seemingly forget his 1990 stint in WCW (plus I thought he was a Black Scorpion at one point too, something he shot down by saying when he was the Red Knight that was the first time he had ever worn a mask), and it's always nice to hear from someone who hasn't done the rounds on podcasts.

Yeah, that photo is from Pancrase. He was an interesting guy to get on and to be honest, there’s a few things he said that I’d question. But that’s part of the craic. It’s very difficult to find people who are willing to chat who haven’t done the rounds. We’re not at all interested in doing the same interview that has been done, and aren’t interested in asking the same questions. I’m sure everyone feels the same. Glad you enjoyed it mate.

• Awards Moderator

Reddit has kindly summarized the MoxCast:

Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley talk is Jericho highlights - Heres the link

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/the-emancipation-of-jon-moxley

• He knew he wanted to leave the company in July 2018 when he was out with an injury

• Refused to read a scripted promo because he believed it was idiotic/ridiculous whilst Vince believed it was great

• Talks about the promos he read whilst feuding with Seth late last/early this year, and how they made no sense, tried to rewrite them and got frustrated when he couldn't

• He talked about enjoying the Make-A-Wish stuff and how he became an adult in WWE

• Says he thought him cutting the promo talking about Romans cancer was distasteful

• Says he felt like walking out on the Raw where he got shots/vaccinated during a promo, and that was the day he 100% knew he was leaving and not coming back

• Vince tried to talk him into saying another cancer remark about Roman, says it was so bad they could have lost sponsors, refused to say it (34 minutes into the podcast)

• Says he was excited to return to wrestling when he was injured, but not excited to return to WWE

• Says if there was no other promotion other than WWE, he still would have left

• Vince "didn't know" he was unhappy, even with Jon/dean being open with his frustrations to Vince about scripts

• Was happy to take bumps from Nia, but felt like it was them punishing him for leaving

• They offered him a new contract, he didnt look at it

• His goal in AEW is to be the best version of himself, looking forward to creative freedom

• Says Tony Kahn is the exact opposite of Vince, likes him and the fact hes a huge wrestling fan

• Talks about using social media now that hes out of WWE

• He told Seth hes a wild animal thats been domesticated for too long when Seth was upset about him leaving (to clarify, he was referring to himself as the wild animal, not Seth) he explained it to Seth as it being the end of Harry and the Hendersons where Harry is set free

Edit: Also, Sick Nick Mondo did the trailer for his return that was posted on twitter when he left WWE

Vince "didn't know" he was unhappy. I could tell he was miserable reeling off "I'm glad Roman has cancer." 

Edited by Onyx2

4 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Moxley on Talk is Jericho is really good. He talks in-depth about his creative frustrations, citing specific examples and naming the people involved. Really illuminating stuff. 

Just listened myself, can hear the frustration in his voice particularly at his last year in the company, Vince does not come out of it well.

• Paid Members

The key takeaway for me is that people are pointing to AEW as the reason why people are prepared to leave WWE, or take the risk of being more critical of them, but it's pretty clear that people are just miserable in WWE regardless, and AEW are just lucky enough to be in the position to benefit from it.

• Paid Members

Listened to most of it on my lunch time walk. Was a man getting a LOT off his chest. great episode of Jericho's pod too because Jericho has said about 10 words so far.

It kinda makes me thing the whole infamous Austin pod (which I've never seen for clarity) was possibly him just not letting this shit out on their Network. Because you can't shut the fucker up here. It's interesting to hear a current guy, and a big star, express their utter frustration with the system.

The telling line for me was when he said that even if there was no wrestling outside of WWE, he was still going.

8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The key takeaway for me is that people are pointing to AEW as the reason why people are prepared to leave WWE, or take the risk of being more critical of them, but it's pretty clear that people are just miserable in WWE regardless, and AEW are just lucky enough to be in the position to benefit from it.

Parallels with the mid-90s and WCW increasing then eh? ;) 

Complete antidote to the Austin podcast, alright. I love the guy. He's the exact kind of interesting character people always yearn for, and now that he's out of the WWE he's shook that mopey bollocks stink off. 

Wow, that's a world away from his terrible, dejected Austin podcast. You can hear the weight is of his shoulders. Listening to him and Jericho describe the hurdles to go through WWE's creative process makes you want to bang your head against the wall. 

One of the most interesting side bits is him saying he knew his character was basically done back in 2014, when he showed some good comedic timing during a promo. After that Vince could only see him as the carrot top goofball.

Best of luck to the guy. FCW and early Shield Dean was a can't miss guy that seemed impossible to fuck up. I always thought he could have been a true needle mover left to his own devices. Chuffed to hear him sound so energized.