uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

I've stopped listening to Eric as with each show he becomes more of an alt-right buzzword spewing dickhead, by the end of the year every thrid word out of his mouth will be cuck.

SCG Radio returns this week with a new concept - SCG 5 For 5! Reviewing five matches that were given the lofty five star rating from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, we talk about all the things that makes the performers, the matches and wrestling in general, the greatest thing since an egg-white omelette. In the debut episode, we look at Jerry Lawler Vs. Terry Funk from 1981 (the match that launched the five star system), Terry Funk and Dory Funk Jr Vs. Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen from 1984, Ric Flair Vs. Ricky Steamboat from Chi-Town Rumble in 1989, Mitsuharu Misawa Vs. Jumbo Tsuruta from 1990, as well as Shawn Michaels Vs. Undertaker from Hell In A Cell, at Badd Blood 1997. A stacked show breaking down and analysing what made these classics classics, with a ton of analysis and lessons learned along the way. A lot of fun to do this (including an extremely special outro by Kieran),Ā let us know what you think...

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/f9d8z2/SCG_Radio_148_-_5_For_5_-_Episode_1.mp3

Ā 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Listened to the show onĀ my enforced walks to work for the last couple of days. Really enjoyable stuff. Encouraged me to watch some of them (and someĀ again). I love listening to shows that remind me of stuff I'd long forgotten and you guys do that well.

I do feel like you were justifying this seven star bollocks for Kenny Omega wankfests though, which deserves punishment. A dinner date with Vince Russo at least.

Fantastic show! Love this format and I'm looking forward to you doing more of these.

You can easily have one episode dedicated to the Omega/Okada series (much to @tiger_rick's chagrin) where you analyse all the callbacks and little details that made the series so incredible.

Ā 

7 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Fantastic show! Love this format and I'm looking forward to you doing more of these.

You can easily have one episode dedicated to the Omega/Okada series (much to @tiger_rick's chagrin) where you analyse all the callbacks and little details that made the series so incredible.

Ā 

Do they count though, since they received more than 5 snowflakes?

I've only just got into Wrestle Me after someone at work recommended it. I must admit, a British comedy writer and an Absolute Radio DJ talking about wrestling didn't sound like a winner, but it's very funny stuff.Ā 

Edited by gmoney

I only just started listening to Wrestle Me today after making some room in my podcast queue. I really wish I started sooner as it's immensely enjoyable!

I just want to highlight this brilliant description of pro wrestling thatĀ Marc Haynes reels off in the opening few minutes of episode 1;

"I love wrestling and theĀ thing isĀ I don't necessarily like the soap opera element, that's not what I'mĀ there for. I'm there because I love the fact that it's the strangest job in the world;Ā it's a fake sport, for want of a better word, in a fake world with real people in it. And often, the real things happeningĀ to the real people actually impactsĀ the fake world, and that's when it becomes the most fascinating. It's a weird double-layered soap opera; part of it is a reality show and part of it is a fictional one.Ā 

...The cross of the real and the 'fake' is unique, there's nothing else like it. The closest there would be is if there was a national theatreĀ play that started in theĀ 30's, and it's still going on and for some reason there's a magazine that reports on all the things the actorsĀ say backstage as well".

Also, PeteĀ comparing Lord Alfred Hayes to 8-Ace's dad just slayed me.

Love Wrestle Me, it's genuinely the highlight of my week, and has ledĀ to me branching out into the other Radio Stakhanov stuff (Football Ramble, On the Continent, Luke & Pete Show) which is great too, albeit not wrestling related.Ā 

I'll spoiler tag it for those who haven't got that far yet, but from the Wrestlemania 15 episode

Ā Pete describing The Undertaker in full ministry garb as a "dark, magical sex wizard""

absolutely slayed me. Superb stuff, and a cracking dynamic.

Edited by mim731

The biggest accolade I can give Wrestle Me is that I canā€™t listen to it in public anymore as I look like a laughing lunatic when I do.

The best podcast out thereĀ 

On 3/12/2019 at 10:30 AM, SuperBacon said:

The biggest accolade I can give Wrestle Me is that I canā€™t listen to it in public anymore as I look like a laughing lunatic when I do.

The best podcast out thereĀ 

Ok, You've won me over, I'll download this for my gym session today. It does sound good,

(plugging my own pod here, but truly proud of the latest episode)

Holy Shoot Wrestling Podcast recently sat down withĀ Pro-Wrestling:EVEĀ andĀ Lucha BritanniaĀ performerĀ Heather Von BandenburgĀ as part of our new interview series ā€˜Hit Like A Girlā€™.

Across this series we will be speaking to female wrestlers, fans & industry members as we attempt to change the misconception that women donā€™t like wrestling.

Heather told some great stories as we had a chat about wrestling and Unladylike, her upcoming book on feminism and wrestling.

Hopefully this is of interestĀ here, and you can give it a listen.Ā We have plans to interview more wrestlers, writers and fans over the coming months.

Thanks!

iTunes:Ā https://apple.co/2FhEfHS
Spotify -Ā https://spoti.fi/2uapekI
Podbean:Ā https://bit.ly/2TWDGeU
Stitcher:Ā https://bit.ly/2Y03eqmĀ 
TuneIn:Ā https://bit.ly/2TJ8dgI
Castbox:Ā https://bit.ly/2ubmx2A

We recorded a live Highway 2 Helms podcast with Shane Helms last night at FAB Cafe in Manchester. Some tremendous stories about 3 Count, his first interaction with Vince McMahon and a few other gems. Shane's a natural born entertainer and the time flew past live so hopefully that comes across on the podcast. It's up via his usual channels.

4 hours ago, SpiderJason said:

Ok, You've won me over, I'll download this for my gym session today. It does sound good,

I can confirm Wrestle Me is a really fun show, I'm subscribed and recommend.