Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

We recorded a live Highway 2 Helms podcast with Shane Helms last night at FAB Cafe in Manchester. Some tremendous stories about 3 Count, his first interaction with Vince McMahon and a few other gems. Shane's a natural born entertainer and the time flew past live so hopefully that comes across on the podcast. It's up via his usual channels.

4 hours ago, SpiderJason said:

Ok, You've won me over, I'll download this for my gym session today. It does sound good,

I can confirm Wrestle Me is a really fun show, I'm subscribed and recommend.

I’m only one episode in (Mania 15) and despite nearly dying of cringe when they called Boyz II Men ‘people of colour’ I’m also really enjoying Wrestle Me. I didn’t know Mean Gene not getting any kind of obituary in the English press would wind me up so much but after they talked about it I was retrospectively fuming!  

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Attitude Era's new season has started with WrestleMania 13, bringing them back to their best. It's got a Honky Tonk Man impression that left me in pieces on the walk from work. 

3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Attitude Era's new season has started with WrestleMania 13, bringing them back to their best. It's got a Honky Tonk Man impression that left me in pieces on the walk from work. 

What’s Kefin going to do now that he hasn’t got his Edge/Eggs joke to fall back on? And far into it does he crowbar in a plug for the wrestling podcast he does with his misses?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What’s Kefin going to do now that he hasn’t got his Edge/Eggs joke to fall back on? And far into it does he crowbar in a plug for the wrestling podcast he does with his misses?

He makes up for it by them being even more sensitive to hot button garbage storylines than ever. Not that WWE wasn't filth at the time, but the closest I've ever come to wanting to use nauseating terms like 'snowflake' has been listening to AE Podcast. Its the one drawback. 

Still, you've zeroed in on a pretty niche trope, there, and what podcast doesn't come with a plug? It's not your misses he stole, was it?

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I love the AEPodcast, despite the unusual amount of flack it gets on here. I've not been able to start the new season yet but I hope to have a backlog to dive into by the time I do.

Edited by Accident Prone

It went to shit when they started doing newer shows, but they seem back where they belong, now. 

Stuff like Bossman Behaving Badly and the WrestleMania Rage Party got me through some pretty shitty work days, so I'm duty bound to listen in a weird way. 

• 4 weeks later...

anyone listen ‘I made my girlfriend watch wrestling’? Only one ep I’m so far but really funny stuff! 

• Paid Members

What’s this all about? 

Hannibal interviewing Billy Jack Haynes and it gets awkward pretty quick. 

As wacko as Haynes is, I thought Hannibal came off as a bit of a dick here, to be honest.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, Max Power said:

Just listened to the Squared Circle review of Mania. Congratulations to Liam on the Starcast gig. I presume Bischoff will be on the next table reviewing your book again?

Much obliged, thanks man. Bischoff will be making love to his gin and tonic again I assume.

• Paid Members

I know it’s got flack on here before but for me there’s nothing comes close to the Lapsed Fan Podcast. They just rounded off roughly 5 months of Lamentable Tragedy of World Class and it was fantastic. A little self indulgent, but it’s dozens of hours of proper research and deep diving on World Class, the Von Erichs, and Gino/Bruiser/etc.

The Mania, Starrcade and AWA ones were something but fuck me, this entire journey was something else.