Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

It's always fascinating listening to a storyteller of Jake's ability; some of his stories are genuinely very funny and he's usually always captivating. Although, with Jake you're holding on, hoping he doesn't say anything too mental - like whipping out "I'm no faggot".

With Jake, you sort of let it slide a little that he's clearly a bit of a creep because that childhood of his is unfathomable in it's desperate horror. I don't know how you make it out of his childhood without being warped.

10 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's always fascinating listening to a storyteller of Jake's ability; some of his stories are genuinely very funny and he's usually always captivating. Although, with Jake you're holding on, hoping he doesn't say anything too mental - like whipping out "I'm no faggot".

With Jake, you sort of let it slide a little that he's clearly a bit of a creep because that childhood of his is unfathomable in it's desperate horror. I don't know how you make it out of his childhood without being warped.

Agreed. It is what it is. I'm not expecting a man who has had his life and career to use PC terms. 

I saw a fairly recent shoot interview with The Amazing Red where he used those same terms I mentioned. That's a tad less excusable. 

I would imagine with the Amazing Red it's part of where he was born and the culture he was brought up in. I listen to a lot of Joey Diaz and he says fag a lot, but he clarifies it's not a knock on someone's sexuality, it's about their behaviour or how they conduct themselves, which I can get. It is hurtful, though, it's a bit like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry calls the closeted gay guy a cunt inoffensively and it's the explosive point that makes the guy come out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This is interesting stuff from Show. It's interesting enough to hear his opinion anyway but he lights up at the mention of Becky Lynch. Bubba Dudley is on the phone and its great to hear two guys of their standing slobbering over THE MAN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I don’t often post about my podcast here but special occasions are special occasions! Today, Chris & I recorded our 100th episode, and it’s a 3-hour marathon answering listeners’ questions about all kinds of things (including a big chunk on NXT-UK repercussions). We’re nice so we’ve split it into 3 handy parts and you can find them here!

https://love-the-graps.pinecast.co/episode/17647bcf-c5b8-40b5-9d6b-9a01179e330f

Conrad came across more a cunt than normal over that. Sting showed up in shit shape, acting unenthusiastic and pale as a ghost after 18 months of being made to look like a destroyer. Not surprised they changed it from a squeaky clean finish, if any of us went to work about to being given a massive opportunity , I’d expect our bosses to reconsider their decision as well

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Louch said:

Conrad came across more a cunt than normal over that. Sting showed up in shit shape, acting unenthusiastic and pale as a ghost after 18 months of being made to look like a destroyer. Not surprised they changed it from a squeaky clean finish, if any of us went to work about to being given a massive opportunity , I’d expect our bosses to reconsider their decision as well

I presume that's the bullshit Bischoff is coming out with these days? Fucking hell, that's sopainful I actually feel sorry for him.