Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

10 hours ago, pitseleh said:

Had to stop myself from laughing out loud on the train earlier because the latest episode of Wrestle Me had me in stitches. Highly recommended that podcast. 

Any suggestions for other funny wrestling podcasts? 

The Lapsed Fan floats my boat, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. The impressions are better than Prichards, though. 

New Generation put out there ‘Top 50 Moments of the Podcast’ episode. I’ve done it in increments over 4 days as it’s nearly 6hrs long, but it’s worth it.

#5 had me in stitches as I hadn’t heard since the episode that it was from, and I’d kind of guessed what #1 would be, but again it had me laughing loads because that moment is hilarious and everyone should see it

18 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Second the love for the Lapsed Fan, but they don't half go on a bit!

As an incurable insomniac, the lengthy episodes are a godsend for me. I could probably do without the listeners' messages and the shilling of Patreon, but they put a shift in so I'm glad if they're making money out of it without using adverts. Patterson, get in here!

Edited by Brewster McCloud
Spelling Pat Patterson's name correctly

• Paid Members

He wasn’t able to come to our radio station due to transport issues.

Due to missing flights and delayed trains he was HOURS late.

What was going to be a 20 minute studio interview was now a 5 minute on location interview.

That location now being in a working mans club, in Byker. (Granted, the Q&A was in the function room).

4099EB7B-1B1D-4C54-B0E6-CA69A39FC6B7.thumb.jpeg.d710832cc8faa3d1427249c68409ab79.jpeg

Ignoring Big Nose Jonesy and Pete the Fisherman harping on about tiling and the foreigners in the background, we think we managed a semi decent interview with Eric Bischoff.

C95F5DD2-40E6-407C-900D-351F1257D59D.jpeg.a96044acc1ded5c5105439399efc7abb.jpeg

This whole thing was surreal, but he was a pleasure to chat with!

https://t.co/YxTNMDKDRv?amp=1

We have some other interviews and content lined up, so aye, please chuck us a follow.

If we get 100 followers by November 17th, we’ll do a prize draw for this signed poster.

Cheers

82D402CE-8947-4989-88AB-C5905BBD3EF7.thumb.jpeg.561f203f61268321f4e3020144547fe5.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Just thought I’d pop this in here too.

Just uploaded an interview to the Steel Chair Magazine website we conducted with North Wrestling owner, Andrew Bowers. Had a lot of fun with this one and I must say, from the live shows I’ve attended, they’re nailing it.

https://vulturehound.co.uk/2018/10/the-great-up-north-with-andrew-bowers-from-north-wrestling/

6A8B2550-0E16-4C35-8D9C-9E8D12E1A729.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I’m really sorry, I’m just being a prick now. In fairness all 3 posts are completely separate from each other (Soz modz).

0A38E7CF-E200-414A-896A-ED833315E679.thumb.jpeg.590629a4a2fb14a3692edc9abe271b6a.jpeg

The first annual Wrestling Podcast Awards Are now open for voting. Lots of categories and loads of brilliant entries, based of submissions from the public, the hosts themselves and the other public.

Yours truly is sponsoring the event (trophy / prizes blah), and it’s being promoted & hosted by twitter: @wrestlehub 

- Voting station here: https://t.co/8T4tFbpbct?amp=1

- Official tweet here: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWrestleHub/status/1051548442160492545

667346E9-5FC1-44D3-A01E-2A6B995C3BAF.thumb.jpeg.2f4da884057a485b79a4e1b67219800a.jpeg

^ I really feel like we should've known that was a thing at some point...

Anyway, to go along with this clearly-not-award-winning witty banter, here's a show we did the other week - member 1PW? Member not paying bills and being based virtually exclusively in Doncaster? Member Steve Corino and Corey Graves with long hair? Well this show covers the first year or so of that, right up intol Death #1. Since two of us actually worked for the promotion, it gives a few insights into the inner workings of the company amongst other details of how it started up and a few amusing stories of the reality of the somewhat infamous promotion that lots of people vociferously loved and others very much did not.

Link is here: https://anchor.fm/royal-grumble/episodes/1PW---YEAR-ONE-e2bat0

We'll be doing a few more of these using the connections of the people who were there at the time. Hope you enjoy it!

• Paid Members

In regards to these awards, just to make it clear and transparent, I was asked to become involved as a sponsor after it started so I’m not actually sure how it came to fruition. Secondly, we’re simply sponsoring it (prizes for winners) and have nothing to do with it’s workings, so feel free to mention any concerns to the organisers.

What I can say is, from what I understand, they (Wrestle Hub) promoted it as much as they could for weeks on end.

We (Grapple Arcade)promoted it on our twitter feed and also discussed it on our radio show. 

It was never going to reach everyone considering their size, but it reached enough to turn it in to something. Those pods involved (big & small) also seem to be happy with the way Wrestle Hub have conducted themselves so far. If not, I’d have fuck all to do with it and I’ve said as much privately and publicly.

Also, a couple of people online had a pop at Wrestle Hub saying it was full of under 1000 subscriber pods.

Which is A) bollocks considering the likes of Jericho, Pritchard and cultaholic are on there. And B) the most pretentious thing I’ve ever heard. Why should the new/up and coming pods not get a sniff? 

On top of that, it was listeners and fans of the podcasts that voted as to who made it through to nominations, and considering that within 3 hours there has apparently been over 400 votes cast, it seems to be doing alright.

Don’t get me wrong, there are some glaring omissions, but their fans (including me) didn’t nominate them.

I don’t envy them for taking the task on, but I can understand why they have. If it gains traction they can put on a larger scale version next year (unless someone else does) therefore potentially gaining a larger audience.

It’s got to start somewhere and there’s always going to be unhappy podcasters that it didn’t reach, and that’s fair from both ends, but Wrestle Hub were present and again, there were plenty who seemed to notice. That’s the problem when there’s 1000000 podcasters though.

But yeah, the voters voted and the winner will receive one of my shit trophys. Lucky bastards.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Ahh I get you, all good man, and that above wasn’t a direct gripe at you either. There have been a few absolute bellends on twitter... completely expected I may add.

Some of who saying “why didn’t you add so and so, this is obviously shit”. They say as much after it’s been explained that every single pod that was put forward by the public or the pods themselves made the cut. No one was excluded who was submitted. It would be unfair for the organisers to add pods on their own accord as it could be deemed biased. So yeah, some people will always moan regardless.

It’s been created in good sports with the view that the first one is just that, the first one, and they’ll hopefully learn and grow for next year. One thing I am really happy about being involved with this for (even as a sponsor) is that it has so far been completely fair.

No chance we’re sponsoring next year, with the amount of prizes we collate, create send out, that’s my category next year, defo going to enter as a participant.

I must also say, everyone of the participants have been an absolute pleasure to chat with, no bullshit at all, and all very supportive of each other. It’s great that the community can shine through in a positive light, bypassing some of the sheer bungles who have tried to pop up on twitter.

They’ve just announced they’re doing a free prize draw for everyone who votes.

B54F68FC-30D0-49C6-B23F-3CD43D355FE0.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi