Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Apologies of this is already common knowledge, but I foundĀ the 'Wrestle Me' podcast on my Podbean app today. Unsure if it's been on there for long, but I've been listening to it through the Chrome browser up til now.

• Paid Members

I got into Something To Wrestle With quite late, only recently listening to multiple episodes a week since 83Weeks only releases one a week.

I like Conrad as a host, I don't mind and often enjoy Prichard's impressions and their stupid jokes, so really any episode I listen to, I can get on board with. I'm jumping around a lot, not listening in order (unless its, for example, an episode on Hogan in 87 followed by Hogan in 88 and 89, which I did this week).

I dislike Bruce's reluctance to talk about paydays since that stuff interests me, and Bischoff will always give up the number (even if he is lying through his teeth much of the time).

I really feel like someone like Prichard is going to be the closest we will ever get to a sort of Vince McMahon official biography, since Bruce was around for so many key moments in WWF/E history. Who else is there, aside from Vince himself, that could do a podcast like STWW and actually have the first hand knowledge to where the shit he says is mostly credible? There isn't anybody else.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

10 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I dislike Bruce's reluctance to talk about paydays since that stuff interests me, and Bischoff will always give up the number (even if he is lying through his teeth much of the time).

I really feel like someone like Prichard is going to be the closest we will ever get to a sort of Vince McMahon official biography, since Bruce was around for so many key moments in WWF/E history. Who else is there, aside from Vince himself, that could do a podcast like STWW and actually have the first hand knowledge to where the shit he says is mostly credible? There isn't anybody else.

Even when he wasn't on the WWE payroll, Bruce was essentially a WWE Spokesman. Beyond the odd creative decision, he seems unwilling to accept even the most evenhanded of criticism during the episodes. Whether it be HHH burying people, MontrealĀ or the Invasion -Ā everything is seen through Titan-tinted spectacles. So in that sense, this probably is the closest you would ever get to a Vince McMahon biography. Because if he retired tomorrow, Vince would say exactly the same.Ā He's never going to talk about Owen or Benoit. He'll maintain 93,000+ were at Wrestlemania III until his dying day, and no doubt blame WBF/XFL/Invasion/ECW etc on external factors.

During his sabbatical from the company, Shane was probably the best chance of getting an insider's perspective that was the most objective. He seems far more willing to accept criticism and not work everything, but now he's back in favour I think that ship has sailed.

Final point on this. A Vince McMahon autobiography - truthful or not - would be incredible. I'd also want him to write it himself, word for word.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Pat Patterson?

Obviously he canā€™t st the moment as heā€™s still employed as a consultant, but if he were to ever leave and assumingĀ that he was willing, he was probably even closer to Vince than Prichard

He did a shoot with Bruce that was terrible. Hard to understand and poor recall.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The Dart said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if we found out that what Vince McMahon does when he isn't sleeping like normal people is keeping a really detailed secret diary for the last 35 years in a safe marked "publish when I'm dead" or something like that.

This very thought has crossed my mind, or at least Vince writing his memoirs and keeping them secret until death. I go back and forth between the safe answer of "amazing but least likely thing ever" and the idea that actually, it would be a very Vince thing to do for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, Vince has always pushed the rhetoric that nothing is too much to make their fans happy. I believe this may genuinely be something Vince has convinced himself of despite numerous booking decisions over the last ten years that made us think "they just do whatever they want." I find it a compelling thought that Vince might know a tell-all book hitting all the big ones - his dad, national expansion, Bruno, aggressive talent acquisition, Black Saturday, Hulkamania, WrestleMania, Meltzer, Survivors vs Starrcade, the play for Flair in 88, finishing Crockett, Jesse Ventura, Warrior holding him up, sex scandals, steroids, Wembley and the fallout, Nailz, business contracting, the Lex Express, his trial..... and so on - would be one last gift to the fans that went on the journey with him. And one last way to boost the bank balance of the company, his favourite child, even in death.

Secondly, going back to his dad. His dad never wanted him to wrestle. His dad never wanted him to compete with the promoters he had co-operated with. Junior always loved defying Old Man Vince. Can't think of a perfect final belligerent act to defy his dad's memory than to piss on "protect the business" upon his death in a way he'd never do in life.

I go back and forth.

I'd doubt it's in any way likely, but it's already been shown and published by WWE that he used to keep handwritten notes for every live event they put on (so not completely unlikely he'd have a diary of some sort).Ā  Even if something like that ended up being published it'd probably be incredibly fascinating.

New Generation Podcast has uploaded a short preview of the upcoming Chikara King of Trios 2018.Ā 

Obviously itā€™s been a long time since the show has been around due to Stewartā€™s mental health, but itā€™s great to hear his voice again. The show itself returns with a new episode on September 5th

Edited by WyattSheepMask

9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

New Generation Podcast has uploaded a short preview of the upcoming Chikara King of Trios 2018.Ā 

Obviously itā€™s been a long time since the show has been around due to Stewartā€™s mental health, but itā€™s great to hear his voice again. The show itself returns with a new episode on September 5th

100% my favourite pod. They've actually got me through some really dark times. It's the most "I'm in a room with people and they're talking to me about wrestling" feel I've got from any pod. Chuffed it's back. Stewart likes mid 90s emo as well so he gets brucie bonus points too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

100% my favourite pod. They've actually got me through some really dark times. It's the most "I'm in a room with people and they're talking to me about wrestling" feel I've got from any pod. Chuffed it's back. Stewart likes mid 90s emo as well so he gets brucie bonus points too.

I wish NGP was around when Jawbreaker reformed last year so I could hear Stewart gush over them.

7 hours ago, Jacko said:

After listening to the latest scg radio is it over now ? @Liam O'Rourke

Of course not...modern WWE product isn't working for us, but New Japan is and, we were talking off air, we still watch a lot of other stuff on the Network and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm in the middle of a difficult house move at the moment, hence the gap in shows....

1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Of course not...modern WWE product isn't working for us, but New Japan is and, we were talking off air, we still watch a lot of other stuff on the Network and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm in the middle of a difficult house move at the moment, hence the gap in shows....

Brilliant šŸ‘ gets me through long hours at workĀ