Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I’m now 17 shows into my Tuck Of The Draw podcast, and this weeks has the first UKFF chat of substance so sharing my links in case anyone wants to hear a bit of Adam Shame, now Coach Trip talking rushing on here for match reviews and the Shitarse list back in the day. Lots of fun stories through it and especially in the last half hour 

Few others may be of particular interest , especially those with the promoters in

- Red Lightning re GPWA

-Kid Fite for PBW

-  Lionheart talking PWE

- Ryan devlin talking Target wrestling 

- Michael Chase talking about running Reckless Intent

as those shows focus on the promotions they run than the wrestlers themselves. 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/tuck-of-the-draw/id1374766478?mt=2

https://open.spotify.com/show/62W1tu0u97y1JyPbMUvMNb?si=xfBAnIO8T06UXolYWESKUw

https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/tmq59-6ac00/Tuck-Of-The-Draw-Podcast

or by searching the podcasts name wherever you get podcasts from

• Paid Members

Does Eric Bischoff understand the relationship between journalists and confidential sources? He constantly bangs on about how could Dave Meltzer or Wade Keller know this or that fact, and why won't they reveal their sources. Like, in Journalism 101 you're taught to *never*, under any circumstances - even if you have to go to jail - give up your sources. I thought this was common knowledge?

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I gave up on 83 Weeks a couple of episodes back. It's the same thing every week now. Just loads of Bischoff moaning about the dirt sheets and him saying the word 'narrative' a million and one times.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I didn't have the heart for it after he got a proper kicking after the Bret Hart episode.

It's a shame because WCW was a big part of my childhood, but Bischoff either can't remember most of it or lies about what happened.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

That was another thing for me, the Pillman episode where he trashed everything that was in the book despite multiple people who were close to Pillman verifying the stories themselves. 

He just seems like one of those contrary divs who wants disagree with absolutely everything. Conrad could say "On the 23rd September, Meltzer said, 'Puppies are nice'" and Bischoff would go nuts saying 'No they're not! How the fuck would he know? He's never been backstage at Crufts. That's just the narrative he wants out there. All dogs are cunts and should be rounded up and skinned alive.' 

• Paid Members

I think Bischoff's fallen into that odd "Reality is whatever is convenient to me at this moment" bubble that a lot of people in the wrestling industry seem to fall into.

One thing I've noticed is that he'll switch between  "Meltzer just made shit up. He knew nothing and was just connecting dots. Anybody could do that" to "Everybody was talking to Meltzer" whenever it suits his argument, like when he's being criticised for "working the boys" or for giving Nash the book, which he justifies because he didn't trust anyone else.

Same with him slagging off people who have "never worked a day in the business"  and then referring to fucking Conrad, of all people, as a "wrestling guy".

I like the show though, Conrad in particular. Most shoot stuff I've heard the hosts always seem a bit wary of upsetting the guest and just seems to accept their answers without criticism or comment, no matter how ridiculous it is. Conrad just doesn't seem to give a fuck. It's really quite refreshing to hear him and Bischoff just fucking screaming at each other..

I haven't listened to a lot of the Bruce Prichard stuff but the Mohammed Hassan show was mind-blowing.It's so fucking weird to hear Prichard talk about wrestling fans with such casual disdain and not even realise it. The whole concept basically came down to "Oh we're not narrow minded racists but our fans are. Thick as fuck too!"

• Paid Members

Bischoff slagging the dirt sheets off for reporting that he paid a Kid Rock $250,000 for an afternoons work, then seconds later saying he was worth that much and would pay the going rate nearly had me choking. 

Cheese done fell off.

• Paid Members

I'm also getting sick of them hyping this Starrcast event by saying stuff like, "the recommended retail price for all this content is over 300 dollars but you can get it right now for just 70 dollars." How have they worked out the RRP for a bunch of panels and podcasts? The all access pass must not be selling too well since they dropped the price by like 50 dollars.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, tiger_rick said:

That bollocks about why he hired the Outsiders pretty much killed it for me. I'd enjoyed it despite the rants and the poor memory. Shame. We need more SCG @Liam O'Rourke What you lazy bastards up to?

In the middle of a house move at the mo, so time/space is limited, but we'll be back on the saddle before too long.

Has anyone listened to Dinner with the King yet?

It's after Brian's funeral, and it's pretty dark. It's a fascinating listen but one of the most genuine wrestling podcasts you could ever hear. Lawler closes with a line about him wishing he'd told his son he loved him more often, which nearly finished me off. Even though this is real life, all those years of cutting promos seep through into reality and makes even the saddest true story all the more impactful.

Other than the tragedy of the situation, it made me think how unique the wrestling business is. In what other walks of public life would people suffer a loss like that then share it - detail for detail - in a podcast just days later. You could say it was for the money but I don't think Jerry needs it. It was obviously cathartic for him and is one of the reasons I'll always be into the business even though my interest in current-day wrestling has waned significantly.

• Paid Members
On 8/8/2018 at 12:52 AM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Does Eric Bischoff understand the relationship between journalists and confidential sources? He constantly bangs on about how could Dave Meltzer or Wade Keller know this or that fact, and why won't they reveal their sources. Like, in Journalism 101 you're taught to *never*, under any circumstances - even if you have to go to jail - give up your sources. I thought this was common knowledge?

I'm sure he knows, but it's the easiest way for him to discredit Meltzer to people who don't know that. The wrestling business, by its nature, likes to keep a closed shop, and the easiest argument it has in that regard is always, "well, you've never done it, how would you know?". 

• Paid Members
On 8/10/2018 at 3:04 PM, Count Calibla said:

Has anyone listened to Dinner with the King yet?

It's after Brian's funeral, and it's pretty dark. It's a fascinating listen but one of the most genuine wrestling podcasts you could ever hear.

Very sad episode. I agree I found that Jerry was finding it  cathartic discussing the events leading up to and after his sons death. As we are in the era of the internet and instant news, he probably wanted to get his side out as soon as felt ready, as well as giving thanks to fans, collegue and medical staff. 

He gave a brief insinuation for him that this could be more sinister than suicide. Coming from him, it now hopefully helps to stop any potential rumours developing and puts his side forward. Those in the know like Meltzer were probably unsure how to act. First hand news is always better than second particularly when the story has such magnitude. People often can view a suicide differently to a natural death or murders.

It was reported that WWE was going to pay tribute to Volkoff as he died of natural causes. Brain's death was said to be a late chage of heart in respect to Jerry due to WWE believing it was a suicide. This obviously would have hurt Jerry, even if he didn't say or show it. The podcast was an indirect platform to address this belief.  Particularly with a spike in listeners for the episode.

Laying out the facts, not mater how vague and brief, hopefully restricts the amount of mail he recieves from keyboard idiots. In his vulnerable situation one spiteful message will destroy the five positive ones which he will receive.