Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

27 minutes ago, Louch said:

Makes sense tho, why would you make him wcw ddp when that hadn’t drawn a crowd or big reaction in two years? 

Yeah, let’s do the complete opposite of what got him over on the first place

and then do the same to Goldberg! Great logic 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I don't understand why Bischoff is, 20 fucking years later, trying to claim that he didn't pay Hall and Nash more money than Vince was or was able to. To the point where he got Nash to do a 15 second video where he says, "I went to WCW for the schedule."

Especially when in the Back In Black video in 2002 Nash admitted he went to WCW because Scott told him there was better money to be made. Amazing how many stupid people are currently deciding that Bischoff and Nash lied about something for 20 years and are only telling the truth now. And sharing this wisdom with Meltzer too.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Especially when in the Back In Black video in 2002 Nash admitted he went to WCW because Scott told him there was better money to be made. Amazing how many stupid people are currently deciding that Bischoff and Nash lied about something for 20 years and are only telling the truth now. And sharing this wisdom with Meltzer too.

Both Nash and Hall have stated in God knows how many shoot interviews over the years that they were offered a whole load more money than they were getting in the WWF, plus the easier schedule. How many times have we heard Nash tell that story about him and Hall being in the showers and Hall telling Nash about how much he could make over in WCW? Or about Nash then getting an offer from WCW that Vince couldn't match? Jesus.

• Paid Members

Yeah, its like its something to be ashamed of. I would prefer it if Bischoff, instead of denying something that we all know is true, pointed out that this is exactly what McMahon did (and often much worse) in the early to mid 80's. I detest the company's double standards when it comes to that.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Yeah, its like its something to be ashamed of. I would prefer it if Bischoff, instead of denying something that we all know is true, pointed out that this is exactly what McMahon did (and often much worse) in the early to mid 80's. I detest the company's double standards when it comes to that.

It's fucking hilarious in the WWE's series Monday Night Wars the narrator always says something along the lines of, "armed with Ted Turner's checkbook, WCW would sign established WWF stars." The most apropos line, which for whatever reason they allowed into that series, is from a deposition Ted Turner did where he says the WWF didn't have a right to a monopoly on the wrestling business. Which they didn't. I've never understood how anyone on the WWE side could, with a straight face, play the victim card with their revisionist history when it comes to the wars.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Boy said:

Yeah, let’s do the complete opposite of what got him over on the first place

and then do the same to Goldberg! Great logic 

Yeah it got him over, but he hadn’t stayed proper over. When he started winning the title, and then jersey triads he wasn’t at the 98 level. It wasn’t like they changed Hogan, ddp was an upper mid carder

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

It's fucking hilarious in the WWE's series Monday Night Wars the narrator always says something along the lines of, "armed with Ted Turner's checkbook, WCW would sign established WWF stars." The most apropos line, which for whatever reason they allowed into that series, is from a deposition Ted Turner did where he says the WWF didn't have a right to a monopoly on the wrestling business. Which they didn't. I've never understood how anyone on the WWE side could, with a straight face, play the victim card with their revisionist history when it comes to the wars.

What's always cringe worthy is on that Monday Night Wars DVD where the ultimate stooge, Gerry Brisco, starts banging on about "kicking the crap, and stomping on WCW" and later Michael Hayes and Jerry Lawler ganging up on Bischoff on that round table discussion hosted by JR. 

I'm convinced that a lot of the staffers still take it as a personal affront that WCW dared challenge them, and that still shows to this day when they hijacked Sting's return to prove a stupid point.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I've been thinking of starting a wrestling podcast. Yes, I know that we've got wrestling podcasts out the ass right now, so I want to start one looking at less dissected periods in wrestling history. I was thinking maybe Mid South or something along those lines.

I suppose the biggest thing is that there would have to be enough footage, easily accessible, to get through, where I'd record one a week or fortnightly looking at, say, a run of TV and, if possible, get a wrestler involved on to talk about feuds, booking, whatever from that time period.

Any suggestions on a time period that hasn't been done to death that people would enjoy a podcast about?

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I've been thinking of starting a wrestling podcast. Yes, I know that we've got wrestling podcasts out the ass right now, so I want to start one looking at less dissected periods in wrestling history. I was thinking maybe Mid South or something along those lines.

I suppose the biggest thing is that there would have to be enough footage, easily accessible, to get through, where I'd record one a week or fortnightly looking at, say, a run of TV and, if possible, get a wrestler involved on to talk about feuds, booking, whatever from that time period.

Any suggestions on a time period that hasn't been done to death that people would enjoy a podcast about?

There has been a Mid-South Podcast in production from Arcadian Vanguard for well over a year every now and then they say it's going to start and it all goes quiet again

Most say the Bill Dundee as booker was there most successful, could be a good starting point

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SBD said:

There has been a Mid-South Podcast in production from Arcadian Vanguard for well over a year every now and then they say it's going to start and it all goes quiet again

Most say the Bill Dundee as booker was there most successful, could be a good starting point

Could be an idea. I'll do some further research tonight.

On another note, is the only legitimate way to watch Starrcast by paying $150 to Fite? That's crazy. I only have interest in maybe four things over the multiple days ffs.

https://www.fite.tv/article/starrcast/

Edited by SpursRiot2012

24 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Could be an idea. I'll do some further research tonight.

On another note, is the only legitimate way to watch Starrcast by paying $150 to Fite? That's crazy. I only have interest in maybe four things over the multiple days ffs.

https://www.fite.tv/article/starrcast/

They are releasing more options once they sell out the top tier that comes with the ring canvas 

21 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

See on this, if you don’t immediately know what you want to do, I’d advise against making a podcast until you do. I don’t mean that in a bad way, but they are a lotta work to put together and unless it’s something you are really passionate about then it’ll likely be more than you feel it’s worth. I have been doing mine for 4 months now, and the time to arrange and prepare, record a show, listen back and edit, waiting for it to load up and then sharing it on social media to promote it all adds up to a lotta time on a solo venture. I’m lucky in that I’m learning loads about the Scottish scene and it’s history from it, and have a few hundred listeners giving me immediate feedback as I see them at shows etc, so that motivates me to keep doing it. But picking a niche era just for the sake of having a podcast, personally I’d find that a struggle to justify the time spent on it. If you do go ahead I’ll happily share all my learnings with you to kick it off, but just something to think about. 

• Paid Members

I'll admit something right off the bat, I have never heard this show before and I am only listening to the station because I've recently become involved with it myself and wanted to check out other programming on it. 

Anyway, on Nova Radio - http://www.novaradio.co.uk/ from now until 10pm there is a wrestling themed show on called Turnchuckle. If you're online now and fancy giving it a go. Like I said though, never heard it before myself.