Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I listened to Talk is Jericho with Cody and the Young Bucks today. Wow, Jericho is so tedious these days to listen to. Cody and the Bucks seemed to be quite laid back and just enjoying the chat while Jericho constantly tries to make sarcastic comments about Cody not using the Rhodes name or comments about Vince, all the while putting himself over about being best mates with Vince and how he was the one who told him about ‘All In’.

Used to enjoy TIJ, but now it’s just irritating. 

Plus side, Cody comes across brilliantly in each podcast I hear him on, and the Bucks seem sound, also.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:42 AM, Liam O'Rourke said:

Of course not...modern WWE product isn't working for us, but New Japan is and, we were talking off air, we still watch a lot of other stuff on the Network and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm in the middle of a difficult house move at the moment, hence the gap in shows....

I've not watched WWE in ages but haven't filled the void. Does anyone know a good recent-ish New Japan show to give a go?

• Awards Moderator
16 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Rogan clearly finds wrestling the least interesting thing about DDP.

I haven't listened but given what a character he is wrestling is the least interesting thing about DDP. Just a fun guy to listen to.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Rogan irritates the fuck out of me in regard to Wrestling, you can almost see the smirk on his face whenever it's talked about, it's blindingly obvious he has zero respect for the business and the graft that is required. Strikes me as a right cock the bloke does.

Actually, while he's made it clear he finds it to be hokey nonsense (which is fair enough), he's always stressed how much he respects those involved because he's aware of how demanding the job is. Even last night he said something along the lines of "it's one of the most physically demanding jobs you can do" or something.

The only reason Rogan gives a care about DDP is because Rogan is a yoga fanatic and DDP obviously has a good rep with regards to what he does.

A lot of people find wrestling to be drivel, which is fair enough, because it can be. You only need to look at how often a lot of us bitch about how daft it can be most weeks, and we like it.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conrad and someone doing an ECW podcast when one of the current shows packs it in, it feels like the next logical step for him and it was supposedly his fav promotion around that time. I can't imagine Paul E doing it but maybe Dreamer or Styles?

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conrad and someone doing an ECW podcast when one of the current shows packs it in, it feels like the next logical step for him and it was supposedly his fav promotion around that time. I can't imagine Paul E doing it but maybe Dreamer or Styles?

Dreamer would be hilarious in that he’d probably just turn everything around to being about himself. I’ve only just got over the gem of him nearly crying on Steve Austin’s podcast about how he should have got a push because a match between him and Kozlov on WWECW did an OK quarter hour.

If Raven were to pack in his podcast, he could do it but again it would depend on how much he tries to make it about himself.

In terms of backroom staff, I don’t know how long Gabe Sapolsky was there, Joey Styles could be an option I suppose 

Edited by WyattSheepMask