Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

It's a two-parter, and only the first part released so far.

Tells the (suitably insane) story of how he got the huge scar on his chest, and chats about how he's ended up in the position he's in, with a little about the rationale behind changing up his style a bit. It's nothing groundbreaking, but PCO's enthusiasm and Austin's disbelief at some of the mad shit he's saying makes it an enjoyable listen.

I'm hoping part two touches more on the earlier parts of PCO's career as well, as they've kind of glossed over that so far.

The new Genius Cast with Lanny Poffo is well worth checking out, especially this week's episode featuring B. Brian Blair. Maybe a few fish stories, including a literal one, but overall pretty candid without being too vulgar: https://audioboom.com/posts/7017942-b-brian-blair-on-paul-orndorff-the-cauliflower-alley-club-shoot-fights-ribs-and-more

• Paid Members

The Austin/PCO part 1 interview was decent, but I struggled to understand how PCO believes his mate eats 8000 calories for breakfast each day. That whole diet sounded mental and you could tell Austin thought that was just outright bullshit. PCO sounded like a right idiot. 

8000 calories from eggs and nuts? 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

The Austin/PCO part 1 interview was decent, but I struggled to understand how PCO believes his mate eats 8000 calories for breakfast each day. That whole diet sounded mental and you could tell Austin thought that was just outright bullshit. PCO sounded like a right idiot. 

8000 calories from eggs and nuts? 

I've not heard the interview yet, but this sounds like he's talking in character. Was the mate in question also his trainer, Destro? 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I've not heard the interview yet, but this sounds like he's talking in character. Was the mate in question also his trainer, Destro? 

Yes, it was Destro. 

The conversation was a normal chat. Didn't seem to be character driven. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Yes, it was Destro. 

The conversation was a normal chat. Didn't seem to be character driven. 

Destro is a former competitive body builder/record holder or something, and is just as fucking mad as PCO. I'll give it a listen later. I've got a lot of time for PCO, he genuinely had me in tears of joy during his match with WALTER at JJSBII.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Destro is a former competitive body builder/record holder or something, and is just as fucking mad as PCO. I'll give it a listen later. I've got a lot of time for PCO, he genuinely had me in tears of joy during his match with WALTER at JJSBII.

He mentioned he's a former strongman, then went on to say he was less than 150lbs now (or something around that weight) 

The whole conversation about him was a bit of a head scratcher 

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm googling Destro and only seeing PCO related stuff. Now I'm imagining Destro as a bullshitter PCO met in the pub.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Yeah, I can find nothing on him. To be fair, if someone looking Destro sauntered over to me at a pub and claimed to be a former strongman who eats 8000 calories a day, I'd believe him.

8000 for breakfast!