Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I really don't think there's much there to respond to, just read between the lines. The book touches on some of Bischoff's insecurities and the fact he got worked, so his move (if he actually cares and this isn't all just trying to target something that has got a lot of praise since that's the entire premise of the podcast) is to discredit the entire thing. Problem is, and if he read it he'd know this (which he admitted he hasn't, in the ultimate irony of his Meltzer bashing), is that the stuff he has a problem with isn't regurgitated from Meltzer newsletters from years ago, it was from first-hand interviews I did with the people Brian was closest to. And I think I'll take Steve Austin calling it outstanding, Meltzer saying it was spot on accurate and his father figure Kim Wood telling me that of everything ever written about Brian, I captured him the best and most accurately, over the words of Bischoff, who just told people with a straight face that he wasn't worked, Pillman didn't get out of his contract and that he wanted Brian to go to the WWF. He speaks with conviction, but that's all he's got on this one.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Louch said:

I stopped listening cause of the Sami Callighan chat, them acting like it’s all real put me off the show as always liked it for its honestly 

really? Cyrus has been working his gimmick since it started.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

really? Cyrus has been working his gimmick since it started.

I’d not compare Cyrus being his gimmick and the rubbish Sami Callaghan on a boat is big danger to everyone chat. The former is entertaining, the latter tedious

23 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

The second I heard they were doing the show, I had no doubts he's try to bury and discredit it, it's the whole gimmick of the show, sadly enough.

Bischoffs a dick talking off shows when’s there going to be more scg 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

I’d not compare Cyrus being his gimmick and the rubbish Sami Callaghan on a boat is big danger to everyone chat. The former is entertaining, the latter tedious

Ok, fair point 😂 i do like the idea of them furthering business using the podcast though. It is pro wrestling after all.

Whilst I have not read Liam’s book yet, Bischoff has simply discredited the crazy like a fox book based on his own hazy recollection . Bischoff Openly admitted he may have been worked by Pillman. Bischoff’s logic that I can’t pay him 200k today but I can pay him 400k in a years time after he has been to the wwf , simply does not make sense in any business sense . Why not create a superstar and push him to the moon yourself ? In some ways that’s the best endorsement of the book - the book that Bischoff hates. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, jang_316 said:

but I can pay him 400k in a years time after he has been to the wwf

The Bischoff who had a massive rant on the GAB 1998 show that he didn't want guys who were WWF Superstars repeating "They came to me" ad nauseum.

• Paid Members

I'm really enjoying 83 Weeks (maybe because I just happened to be re-watching the WWE Network Monday Night War series and then discovered it), but there is no doubt that Bischoff doesn't really like admitting when he's been caught in a lie. Take the Bret Hart contract offer that Eric claimed he didn't make, only for Meltzer to say he had seen a copy of the contract, and Bret's family members saying they'd seen the contract, and Eric himself admitting in a Prodigy chat in 1997 that he offered Bret a deal, he still wouldn't accept that he was lying (and what a strange thing to lie about, too).

I haven't got to the Pillman episode yet, but I have been meaning to read Liam's book so might do that and then see what Eric has to say.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Powerful_Fox said:

Bischoff is on a different level of disparaging for both the book and Liam. Really, really defensive over it. It’s mental.

EDIT: @Liam O'Rourke what the fuck have you done to Bischoff 😂? It’s insane.

I think it's that Bischoff has a distaste for whatever reason for people who write about the business but haven't been 'in' the business, plus the fact that the whole Pillman working him to get out of his WCW contract makes Bischoff look a bit stupid.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
On 7/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, Liam O'Rourke said:

Uploading as I type, my man...

Another really enjoyable show, well done chaps. The Hogan thing was a massive cop out though. No one is letting you bench Hogan in 1998, no one is paying him to stay at home and Turner is shitting himself about him going to Vince.

Yeah I agree. Rebooking doesn't suggest you have a magic wand to just make problems disappear. Half the challenge was to book it while still having to work around Hogan. Hogan was still king of the world at this point - no way he's not sticking around.